• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Sons Ears Have Been Bright Red All Day

In summary, the child has a rash all over their face and it is most likely Fifth Disease. They are not itchy and their ears are fine.
dkitten13
Does anyone have a clue what this could be from? Its not sunburn, he doesn't appear to have a fever, hasn't eaten anything new, doesn't complain that they hurt but has been rubbing them with his palms. FYI he is 4 1/2.

Any input would be greatly appreciated - I can't find anything useful on the internet!

My kids are 6 & 4--both have red ears upon occassion. I think sometimes they've been resting on them. My older one--they turn red when he is mad. I'd just keep on eye on him. Could be he is starting an ear infection?

I don't know...he's only ever had one ear infection! I know, crazy. I'm just an extra worry work due to his heart. I'll call doc in the morning, just hope I don't have to rush to hospital this evening...

my thought would be an ear infection. With him rubbing his ears, my kids never complain when they have an ear infection. We alwas catch it when we go in for something else. Hope everything is fine with him.

I would think they were red from him rubbing them but it could be an allergy to something. A tickle in the ear can go with a tickle in the throat brought on by an allergy to something - and with it being in his ears first I would think it were something he ate not something airborn.

Do you know for sure it isn't sunburn? My son's ears get red and sunburnt in minutes when the rest of him is fine.

First thing I thought of is drug allergy (I'm a pharmacist; I can't help it)

Amazing...today things became clearer...rash everywhere. Turns out to be Fifths Disease. Ears are fine and the rash looks bad but he's not at all itchy. The daycare saw his cheeks and knew it before I even called! Luckily I had the doc appointment that I made in the morning worrying that it was an ear infection.

So glad you know what it is now. Hope things go well!!

Glad you got it figured out. Make sure he isn't around any preg. women. Pretty sure it can cause issues for the baby. Hope he is well soon.

Yes, I know about the pregnant women thing. Luckily I'm such an old mommy I don't know anyone who's pregnant! Thanks you guys for caring and responding. Cheffers rule! :)

1. Why are my son's ears bright red all day?

There are a few potential reasons for this, including sun exposure, allergies, or an underlying medical condition. If the redness persists or is accompanied by any other symptoms, it is best to consult a doctor.

2. Can I use Pampered Chef products to help with my son's red ears?

While our products are primarily designed for cooking and baking, some customers have found success using our cooling wraps or eye masks to provide relief for redness and discomfort. However, we always recommend consulting a medical professional for any health concerns.

3. Should I be concerned if my son's ears are bright red all day?

If your son is not experiencing any other symptoms, such as pain or fever, then the redness is likely not a cause for concern. However, if it persists or is accompanied by other symptoms, it is best to consult a doctor.

4. How can I prevent my son's ears from turning bright red?

If the redness is caused by sun exposure, it is important to make sure your son wears sunscreen and a hat when outdoors. If it is caused by allergies, identifying and avoiding triggers can help prevent the redness. If it is due to a medical condition, following your doctor's recommendations is the best prevention method.

5. Are there any natural remedies I can try to relieve my son's red ears?

There are a few natural remedies that may help alleviate redness, such as applying a cool compress or aloe vera gel. However, it is important to consult a doctor if the redness persists or is accompanied by other symptoms.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lesliec
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • jesusluvsu2005
  • General Chat
Replies