• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers for Spencer - 15 Year Old Hospitalized with Eye Infection

In summary, Spencer was hospitalized yesterday with a staff infection in his eye, traveling down his face. His eye looked bad and they confirmed it as a staff infection. He is now able to take oral antibiotics at home and his eye is still looking bad.
lockhartkitchen
Please keep my 15 year old son, Spencer in your prayers. He was hospitalized yesterday with a staff infection in his eye, traveling down his face. Scary. All happened so quick. We were at the doctor Tuesday with just redness, by Thursday the antibiotic wasn't working and he had swelling too. Friday new meds, Saturday it began blistering and bleeding. They were concerned of eyeball infection next, which is connected to your central nervous system.

He's on heavy IV antibiotics. He'll be in the hospital at least through Monday. Pain is manageable now, but has to have continuous benedryl because of reaction to the IV. It has to be given, because it is the strongest needed. I'm home just to leave a few messages and take a nap before returning to the hospital. Tonight I'll be sleeping at home with the girls, dad at hospital. Tomorrow taking off work, to transport girls to school and back to the hospital.

He's had a rough few years: Diabetes diagnosed age 13, two months later emergency hernia surgery, last year staff infection in his lymph node system, this year H1N1 with secondary infections for 3 weeks, now his eye.

Many prayers for a quick and complete recovery!

More prayers coming!

Praying for you all! Hope he gets well soon!

Praying for you all and for a quick recovery.

Praying for Spencer to make a speedy recovery.

Thank you everyone. Came home to get hubby clean clothes. Spencer is looking a bit better. They have increased his benedryl dose, which knocks him out. They have to continue the antibiotic, though he's allergic to it, because it's the strongest there is. Tomorrow AM the labs should be back, to know exactly what infection we're dealing with.Most likely will not be released until MOnday PM. I'm taking tomorrow off from work and will be at the hospital. Since he's sleeping most of the time, I'm bringing papers to grade, getting ready for report cards Friday.

Oh Julie - how scary for all of you!
Spencer (as well as you & the rest of your family) is in my prayers!!

Prayers sent your way. The power of prayer is very strong and with all these prayers Spencer will be back on his feet in no time.

Praying for all of you! Was in a similar situation with our daughter years ago.... staff in her spine ...God will heal him! Just keep looking up! I will have your all on my heart.

prayers are with you. Scary, I am sure. Hits close to home as I have a 15yr old son as well. Just had pink eye. My heart goes out to you! Try and get some rest too!

Sending prayers

Thank you all. I get to sleep in my own bed tonight, yet that's not quite a comfort. The unknown is hard. Keeping my mind off of what could be. He's avoided the infection in his eyeball, which is a good thing; connects to your central nervous system. Eye looks about 50% better, but doctor won't release until 85% better. We should have lab results back at 8 Am. I'm continuing the carpool in the morning to school, taking the day off, going to the hospital and have to drive my youngest to kindergarten at noon. I have a parent who carpools the girls home in the pm. MIL will be at our house.

Prayers said--for both him and you.

Big (((hugs))) sweetie! It sounds like he's had more than his fair share of medical issues in the last 2 years. Hopefully he'll catch a break soon and have some healthy years ahead.

I pray for you - I know the unknowns of infections too well so hopefully they will conquer it soon.

You, Spencer and all your family are in my Prayers. GOD IS The Great Physician. HE looks after His Flock. I Pray you will be granted the strength you need.

Praying for Spencer and all of your family.

Praying for Spencer's healing, and for peace of mind for you today, Julie. When our kids are sick/hurt...we feel their pain more intensely than our own!

hugs and prayers for your son and family.

Julie, I'm praying for Spencer. I'm sorry you are all going through this. Please keep us posted. Infections are so scary these days.

We're home, but not out of the woods. It was confirmed as staff. Because of his diabetes, it is worse than a "normal" person. and his body didn't fight it well. He is able to take oral antibiotics at home now. His eye still looks bad. If it doesn't drain this week, he may have to see an opthalmolagist and they will do a day surgery, slit in the eye. Ooh. Hopefully not. We appreciate all your prayers! Thank you so much.

Hopefully it will drain on its own. Glad you guys are home!

Thank you.

My family and I will be praying for you and yours! I hope you get him healthy and home soon!

1. What is "Prayers for Spencer" and how can I help?

"Prayers for Spencer" is a community effort to send positive thoughts and well wishes to 15-year-old Spencer, who is currently hospitalized with an eye infection. You can help by joining our Facebook group, sharing Spencer's story with others, and sending your own prayers and positive messages to Spencer and his family.

2. How did Spencer end up in the hospital?

Spencer developed an eye infection that quickly became serious and required hospitalization. The exact cause of the infection is still unknown, but the doctors are doing everything they can to help him recover.

3. Can I donate money or send gifts to Spencer?

At this time, the family has requested no monetary donations or gifts. However, your support and prayers are greatly appreciated and will make a difference in Spencer's recovery.

4. How is Spencer doing now?

Spencer is currently stable and receiving treatment in the hospital. His family asks for continued prayers and positive thoughts for his recovery.

5. Is there any other way I can help besides joining the Facebook group?

Yes, you can also help by spreading the word about "Prayers for Spencer" and encouraging others to join the effort. Every prayer and positive message counts and will make a difference for Spencer and his family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
alidafrizzell
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • paroese
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedposey