• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Something Wrong in Gclc Recipe?

In summary, the German Chocolate Cake recipe can be difficult to follow and produces a dry cake. The recipe can be made with the right mix size and with adjustments to the ingredients, the cake will be more moist and sweet.
TheFreddiesCook
I've tried the german chocolate lava cake twice, just as the recipe says, and my batter is still dry and I need to add more milk or water to make it able to pour from the batter bowl to the baker. It looks nothing like it looks like in the demo video on the website. :confused: Is anyone else having the same problem and knows how to solve it?

I do remember that it was a really thick batter. More like cookie dough thick instead of a pourable standard cake batter. How was your finished result?

Are you at a higher altitude?

No, just normal altitude here.... near coast actually

That is so weird! I won't make it at a show because each time I've made it it's like soup!

Too much dry cake batter maybe? I know it only uses half a regular cake mix, or one of those smaller mixes like Jiffy, or the Duncan Hines cupcake mixes works as well.

esavvymom said:
Too much dry cake batter maybe? I know it only uses half a regular cake mix, or one of those smaller mixes like Jiffy, or the Duncan Hines cupcake mixes works as well.

This is my first thought - make sure that you are using the right size cake mix. The batter is a little thicker than a normal cake batter but shouldn't be dry.

My batter is super thick, but after adding the sweetened condensed milk and stuff, the finished product is very moist and there's a ton of sweet goo.

I made the German Choc Cake in the RCB and although it was super sweet but the consistency was fine. I tried doubling the recipe for the DCB and doubled everything except the sweetened condensed milk (since I thought it was too sweet to begin with) however, then the cake was too dry. The next time I make it I will use less of the milk in the topping and use most of it in the batter mix.

1. What should I do if my Gclc recipe tastes burnt?

If your Gclc recipe tastes burnt, it is likely that the oven temperature was too high. We recommend reducing the temperature by 25 degrees Fahrenheit and checking the dish regularly to prevent further burning. You can also try covering the dish with foil to prevent the top from burning while the inside cooks.

2. My Gclc recipe turned out watery, what went wrong?

If your Gclc recipe turned out watery, it is possible that you did not drain the canned ingredients well enough. Make sure to thoroughly drain and pat dry any canned ingredients before adding them to the recipe. You can also try cooking the dish for a few extra minutes to evaporate any excess liquid.

3. Can I substitute an ingredient in the Gclc recipe?

Yes, you can substitute ingredients in the Gclc recipe, but it may alter the taste and texture of the dish. We recommend sticking to the recipe as closely as possible for the best results. If you do decide to substitute an ingredient, make sure to choose one with a similar flavor and texture.

4. How do I prevent the Gclc recipe from sticking to the pan?

To prevent the Gclc recipe from sticking to the pan, make sure to grease the pan well with cooking spray, butter, or oil before adding the ingredients. You can also try using a non-stick pan or lining the pan with parchment paper. Avoid overcrowding the pan, as this can also cause the ingredients to stick.

5. My Gclc recipe looks different than the picture, did I do something wrong?

No, your Gclc recipe may look slightly different than the picture and that is completely normal. Factors such as ingredient size, oven temperature, and cooking time can all affect the appearance of the final dish. As long as it tastes delicious, you did not do anything wrong!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Softballmom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • mlpatch