• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Low-Cholesterol Recipes for a Pampered Chef Bridal Shower

In summary, the author suggests using yogurt in place of Cool Whip for a light dessert at a Bridal shower.
Deborah Czarnecki
Hi everyone! I'm new to this website and have been enjoying viewing the threads for the last few days. I hope someone out there can help me--I have a Pampered Chef Bridal Shower coming up next week and I found out the bride-to-be is watching her cholesteral (excuse the spelling!) so I'm trying to find some good recipes, including some kind of dip, that would be appealing for those going "light". Any ideas??
Thanks,
Deborah C.

Last edited:
If you go to consultant corner you can do a recipe search and choose lite items. It will list all the recipes that fit.

The Berries N Cream Wonton Cups, p 114 "It's Good For You" Cookbook. Low Fat, Low Cholesterol, Low Calorie.

I have used at a Bridal show and it's such a beautiful, dainty dessert that it was a great hit!

24 square wonton wrappers
1 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1 1/2 c. thawed, Cool Whip
1 c. raspberries
1/2 c. blueberries
2 tsp. powdered sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350deg. Using Pastry brush, brush one side of each wonton w/ melted butter. Sprinkle wontons evenly w/ sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Prss each wonton, sugared side up, into cups of Deluxe Mini Muffin Pan. Bake 6-8 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove wontons from pan to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely.

2. Place yogurt in Small Batter Bowl; fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping. Attach closed star tip to Easy Accent Decorator; fill with remaining whipped topping.

3. Using Small Scoop, scoop yogurt mixture into each wonton. Top each wonton with one raspberry and two blueberries. Garnish with whipped topping; sprinkle w/powdered sugar. Serve immediately.

2 wonton cups/ serving. 110 cal, 3g Fat, 5mg Cholesterol, 18g Carbs, 2g Protein, 110mg Sodium, 1g Fiber

thanksThanks for the tip and the recipe. I'll definately try to use it for the shower!
D.C.

Yogurt?The directions mention yogurt, but I don't see it in the ingredients. Is it flavored, and is it a small cup or something more?

Thanks

Paula in TN

1 container (8 ounces) low-fat strawberry yogurt ;)

I just did a bridal show last week and prepared the Calypso Club Ring in the "It's Good For You" cookbook. It went over very well!!

Good luck!
Diane

What are some low-cholesterol recipes that would be suitable for a Pampered Chef bridal shower?

Some great low-cholesterol recipes for a Pampered Chef bridal shower include:

• Fruit and veggie platters with hummus or low-fat dip
  • Grilled chicken skewers with a citrus marinade
  • Quinoa salad with roasted vegetables
  • Mini avocado and shrimp tostadas
  • Vegetable and bean chili

Can you recommend any low-cholesterol desserts for a Pampered Chef bridal shower?

Absolutely! Some delicious low-cholesterol dessert options include:

• Fruit salad with a honey and cinnamon drizzle
  • Dark chocolate covered strawberries
  • Grilled peaches with Greek yogurt and honey
  • Homemade sorbet with fresh fruit
  • Mini fruit tarts made with a whole grain crust

Are there any low-cholesterol recipes that can be made using Pampered Chef products?

Yes, there are many low-cholesterol recipes that can be made using Pampered Chef products! Some ideas include:

• Grilled chicken using the Indoor Outdoor Portable Grill
  • Veggie and bean burgers using the Burger Press
  • Roasted vegetables using the Stoneware Bar Pan
  • Fruit salsa using the Manual Food Processor
  • Oven-baked fish using the Large Bar Pan

Are there any vegetarian or vegan options for low-cholesterol recipes at a Pampered Chef bridal shower?

Yes, there are plenty of vegetarian and vegan-friendly low-cholesterol recipes that would be perfect for a Pampered Chef bridal shower. Some options include:

• Vegetable and tofu skewers with a soy-ginger marinade
  • Quinoa and black bean salad
  • Roasted vegetable and hummus wraps
  • Stuffed portobello mushrooms with quinoa and spinach
  • Vegan chocolate avocado mousse

Are there any low-cholesterol recipes that are also gluten-free?

Yes, there are many low-cholesterol recipes that are also gluten-free. Here are a few ideas:

• Grilled shrimp and vegetable kabobs with a citrus marinade
  • Quinoa and chickpea salad
  • Baked sweet potato fries
  • Gluten-free fruit and nut bars
  • Vegetable stir-fry with rice noodles

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• scrapbuckman
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chef Gale