• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exceptional Customer Service: A Reflection on Manners

In summary, the speaker discusses a past customer who had an issue with a cracked lid on a product she bought from them. Despite the speaker's efforts to help and provide a replacement, the customer showed no gratitude and later contacted them again for help with a different product. The speaker expresses frustration with the lack of manners and questions their own actions in handling the situation.
kcjodih
Gold Member
First of all let me say I'm ALL about customer service. I will go above and beyond and always try to go the extra mile.

Now the vent. I just got an email from a past customer that I met once in November 08 at a show. She bought from me a S/B, corn butterer and large round stone with handles. At that show she was kind enough to complain loudly that her chilzanne rectangle server that she'd had for a year but never used had a cracked lid when she finally took it out of the box. (see where out of the box calls would be helpful here?)

I told her I'd help her get it replaced, insisted on more than just her name on her order form if she wanted help (?!) and called HO that night for her immediately emailing her at midnight with a reference number and telling her that they'd be sending her a new one by UPS but would also be sending her a return label by Canada Post for her to place on the box with the old one inside and return.

I never got a thank you from her or anything back but about a week later I get an email saying with no hello, thanks or anything, 'got my lid, no label in the mail though, tired of waiting, going to throw it out alright?' UM NO! So I email her back that it was great she received her replacement so quickly, it had only been a week and she needed to wait at least another for regular mail to arrive with her label. If she didn't get it please let me know because otherwise there would be a charge for the new lid if they didn't receive the old one back. I kindly let her know that charge would go on HER credit card that I had gotten on the show. I knew it wouldn't but it made me feel better ;) I never heard back from her, I wasn't charged for the lid so she must have returned it and finally had peace..until today.

5 months later, today, I get an email again with no hello or anything saying - I'll cut and paste here -

'a friend got a large pizza stone with handles from her brother's marriage breakup (only married a couple months) but she was using it for the first time and it cracked up in the oven. she does not know where it was from or does she have a receipt. Just wondering if you can help.'

So again no thanks very much, I appreciate it or nothing! What am I, her flippin' return queen? She has a consultant in her little village she lives in which is 1/2 an hour away from me, and I only went to the show I did there because it was my past recruit's yearly show that I was now doing for her since she threw in the towel.

So go back to your own consultant would you please? is what I wanted to say but what I did say is with that little information I couldn't be of much help but if she could find out from the brother or his ex wife who purchased it and from what host or consultant or if it was a wedding gift that the giver needed to be contacted for the same info then HO and I could work together if we had this additional info. I also stated if she couldn't get or didn't want to get this info then she could also call PC herself and see what they could do for her and I gave her the phone number and their hours.

I'm now sitting here thinking on one hand I should have done more but on the other I'm thinking what on earth can I do and WHERE ARE YOUR MANNERS woman? She better not try to tell me in a few days that her stone she bought from me 'wink, wink' broke because I won't be falling for it; I'll KNOW it's for her friend!

Last edited:
Some people! I know not everyone has good manners, but come on, a "thanks" would have been nice. I know how you feel, and it is frustrating!

I just realized I said 'some people,' not realizing that was the title of the thread, but sometimes that is all you can say. :)

You handled it very well, IMHO. You went out of your way to help her the first time. You also gave her everything she needed to take care of the second issue. Bless and release.

Dear Customer,Thank you for reaching out to me regarding your past purchases from Pampered Chef. I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced with your products and I am happy to assist you in any way that I can.First of all, I want to apologize for the lack of communication and gratitude on my end. As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is my responsibility to provide excellent customer service and I regret that I did not meet your expectations in that regard.I want to assure you that I take these matters seriously and I am always willing to go above and beyond to make sure my customers are satisfied with their purchases. I understand your frustration with the cracked lid on your chilzanne rectangle server and I am glad that I was able to help you get a replacement from Pampered Chef. I apologize if there was any delay in receiving the return label and I am happy to hear that you were not charged for the replacement lid.Regarding the issue with your friend's pizza stone, I completely understand your concerns and I will do my best to assist you. However, I will need some more information from you in order to do so. As you mentioned, it would be helpful to know who purchased the stone and from which consultant or host. If you are unable to obtain this information, I recommend contacting Pampered Chef directly for assistance.Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and I am committed to helping you resolve these issues. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have any further questions or concerns.Sincerely,
A Pampered Chef Consultant

What is "Exceptional Customer Service: A Reflection on Manners"?

"Exceptional Customer Service: A Reflection on Manners" is a reflection on the importance of manners in providing exceptional customer service. It highlights the impact of good manners on customer satisfaction and business success.

Why is exceptional customer service important?

Exceptional customer service is important because it creates a positive experience for customers, increases customer loyalty, and ultimately leads to business growth. It also reflects positively on the company's reputation and can differentiate it from competitors.

How can manners improve customer service?

Manners can improve customer service by creating a welcoming and respectful environment for customers. This can include using polite language, showing genuine interest in their needs, and being patient and understanding. Good manners can also help to diffuse difficult situations and build trust with customers.

What are some examples of exceptional customer service?

Examples of exceptional customer service include going above and beyond to meet a customer's needs, actively listening and addressing their concerns, and providing prompt and efficient service. It can also include small gestures such as remembering a customer's name or offering a personalized solution to their problem.

How can companies train their employees to provide exceptional customer service?

Companies can train their employees to provide exceptional customer service by setting clear expectations, providing training on communication and problem-solving skills, and leading by example. This can also include regularly evaluating and providing feedback on employee performance and recognizing and rewarding exceptional customer service.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Maya Bamer
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • chefsteph07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • cincychef