• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you ever had someone try to steal your show?

I would politely say to her that the show is over and I am leaving and if she would like to talk afterwards, she is more than welcome.
PamperedPrincess74
Had a show last night. Host was a really nice girl that I know from my church. She used to be a consultant and loves PC and really worked hard at having a good show. She had about 12 people there. Sales were good but what I really needed were bookings (I only have one show on the calendar for March). So I start the demo, and halfway into it, this girl walks in (late) with a group of some type of literature in her hands. She sits down next to another guest, who happened to be sitting right next to me (with a baby) and immediately starts chatting with this guest about her baby and playing with the baby, who, previously quiet, starts making all kinds of little cooing and other cute noises - which get the guests all to stop paying attention to me and start paying attention to the baby. Ok, so no big deal, I'm used to being talked over, etc...

So after the demo, which went well (everyone was very involved for the most part and enthusiastic and asking lots of questions), people are going over the catalog and choosing their items and I notice this girl (who I later found is the host's sister) walking around with her business card saying "this is what I sell" and handing out catalogs - which I later found out were Partylite catalogs (Geez, I hate that stuff - sorry to anyone who has sold or who loves it, but I just can't stand it and all the reps I've ever met were horribly snotty!). So this show, which sales wise went well, ended up being somewhat of a disappointment because I got ZERO bookings. So I'm packing up and I hear the PL lady saying to one of the guests "I'll call you next week and we'll set up a date to talk about your show."

I'm SOOOO mad!! She comes and crashes MY show with her crappy stuff and walks away with a booking and didn't lift a FINGER. UGH! Some people just have NO CLUE about proper behavior. I'm going to a Tastefully Simple party next week and I would never DREAM of handing out my card and trying to solicit sales or bookings there.

Gosh, that would be really annoying to me too. Sorry that this happened, but you just have to rise above it and move on. Hope your March show goes well and you get bookings from that!

So sounds like she got one booking, but there were 12 guests there. Did you do any Big MAC calls? Maybe others thougt it was just as rude as you did that she crashed the party to promote her own business. I would give all the guests a call and see if you can get some bookings that way.

I'll be making some calls today and tomorrow morning. I just had to vent. I can't believe people actually DO stuff like that.

When I go to other direct-sales company shows, the people there,they are usually aware that I sell Pampered Chef. I do not go to these shows to take business away from the consultant having the show. If anything, when the consultant starts talking about the opportunity, normally, I may add positive things about direct sales in general, and just mention that all are great, you just have to find the product that you "Love". I would never think of trying to steal the show-wow. That was just rude of her to come in and start handing out her cards- unbelievable!!! Not very professional on her part, and I am sure the others realize that too. Hang in there, this usually doesn't happen.

Do you guys think it would be rude to politely go up to the person that is trying to solicit their business at your shows and ask them to wait until the show is over and you are gone before soliciting her business. I've never had this happen to me but I don't know if I could keep my mouth shut to a person that would do that at my show. Just curious if you all think it would be wrong to ask them to stop.

re: some people with no clueI strongly believe what goes around comes around, she'll get her due. Hang in there and do what the others suggested and follow up with the others, maybe they just didn't have the guts to stand up to her; I"m a former PL person and not all of us were bad, I just think there's good/bad in everything and as usual the bad really stick out.

I also agree with the other commenter, you just have to find your ninche SP?

I did PL first, then tried, US BORNE books, then did The Body Shop@Home until my upline stole my recruits right out from me in front of me no less. I about thru in the towel and passed up PC awhile ago and now am so thankful I"m giving it a chance and so far in about 2 weeks, I've collected almost
$ 200.00 in sales just from other co-workers coming up to me. I was trying to get my new stuff read first but sure didn't want to turn away any orders so took them and hope to fly with this.

GOOD LUCK.

I almost didn't come back to these boards as people were really venting and seeming to put PC down and it really sounded negative; but I vented in the past and figured they just had bad days and not everyone will appreciate what PC really does. From my experiences alone PC is really good to everyone involved and others just have to remember when strict restrictions are placed it's usually because someone took upon themselves to really abuse or try to get away with something they should not have. 1 bad apple will try to ruin it for all the great apples!!!

Hang in there!

Liz

PamperedPrincess74 said:
Had a show last night. Host was a really nice girl that I know from my church. She used to be a consultant and loves PC and really worked hard at having a good show. She had about 12 people there. Sales were good but what I really needed were bookings (I only have one show on the calendar for March). So I start the demo, and halfway into it, this girl walks in (late) with a group of some type of literature in her hands. She sits down next to another guest, who happened to be sitting right next to me (with a baby) and immediately starts chatting with this guest about her baby and playing with the baby, who, previously quiet, starts making all kinds of little cooing and other cute noises - which get the guests all to stop paying attention to me and start paying attention to the baby. Ok, so no big deal, I'm used to being talked over, etc...

So after the demo, which went well (everyone was very involved for the most part and enthusiastic and asking lots of questions), people are going over the catalog and choosing their items and I notice this girl (who I later found is the host's sister) walking around with her business card saying "this is what I sell" and handing out catalogs - which I later found out were Partylite catalogs (Geez, I hate that stuff - sorry to anyone who has sold or who loves it, but I just can't stand it and all the reps I've ever met were horribly snotty!). So this show, which sales wise went well, ended up being somewhat of a disappointment because I got ZERO bookings. So I'm packing up and I hear the PL lady saying to one of the guests "I'll call you next week and we'll set up a date to talk about your show."

I'm SOOOO mad!! She comes and crashes MY show with her crappy stuff and walks away with a booking and didn't lift a FINGER. UGH! Some people just have NO CLUE about proper behavior. I'm going to a Tastefully Simple party next week and I would never DREAM of handing out my card and trying to solicit sales or bookings there.

I did a Show last summer and one of the guests there was passing out invitations to some of the guests for a PC Show she was having soon ... and I wasn't the consultant! I was a bit hurt seeing as she is a teacher I have known for a number of years through subbing. I don't mind that she was having a aprty with someone else, but did she have to invite others right then and there!? I can only guess that my sales would have been higher had people not been thinking about what they were going to order at her show. Oh well!

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

Julie,
That was RUDE RUDE RUDE of her!

I would have said something, except I think she was the hostess's sister so I didn't want to make the host uncomfortable. I don't think she realized her sister was doing that. Oh well. I try to look at each show (good or bad) as more experience. Now I know what it's like to have a totallly RUDE person at one of my shows. It's bound to happen again, so at least that time, I won't be shocked or upset by it!

I would probably say in a nice and professional way in front of everyone there, mention to everyone. . . (raise your voice so everyone can hear over the talking) that you were all invited here tonight to see what Pampered Chef has to offer and if we all can get back to focusing on Pampered Chef for now, and after the show if anyone is interested in Party-lite go see so and so. You at that point are telling her that she overstepped her place . You don't want to stoop to her level, be professional about it, and you will get the respect of your audience. It seems to me that you probably weren't the only one who thought she was rude. . . . if she needs to steal from other shows, her business won't last long. This business is a learning process, and we all get caught off guard and not sure on how to respond, but next time, and I don't think you'll have another experience like that (at least let's hope not) you will be able to handle it with expertise. Good luck and I am sure you will be fine with your business. Have you gotten any feedback from any other guests or the host????

Pampered chef is better!It's always a good idea to study up on other businesses so that you can be ready to share about your business. Partylite is candle selling. I do'nt know about you but I can't get excited about that. They need a host to sell $250 in order to actually get host specials and free stuff.
That's CRAZY, selling $250 worth of candles and candle warmers!!!
Their host specials are not that great (Like $9.95 for something worth $20-$40 and their guests pay $9.95 for the monthly special when they purchase $40.)
We give free guest specials for $50-$60 orders most of the time and our hosts only have to sell $150 to get the host special and $15 in free stuff.
But here is my tip for next time if it happens again:
While she is handing out catalogs or her business cards you can say something like this:
"What a great idea, since someone is passing out cards and catalogs, let me tell you a little bit about the Pampered Chef business."
"First the start up kit is only $90 and for that you will receive $350 in products to begin demonstrating at kitchen shows. To qualify you must have 4 shows at $150 each or a total of $1250 in sales and considering shows average at around $500, this won't be hard to do. These products sell themselves. You'll meet so many people who love PC. Don't forget about commission, you start at 20% and work your way up depending on your sales. (at this point I hand out my paycheck stub) We as consultants earn FREE products, discounts and fabulous incentives such as trips, jewelry, and gift certificates. Don't let this opportunity pass you by. Let me know if you might be interested or if already know this is what you want to do and I will personally give you a chance to earn a FREE ???? when you qualify!"
"Ok let's get back to our kitchen show so we can eat this yummy food!"
I once did a double party with my PC stuff and another Jewelry consultant. Well I didn't have a problem, she hardly sold anything. My food and products sold themselves. If anyone ever did do that I would be prepared in the way I typed above. I will give good facts and then move back to my show. Hope this will help someone else in the future as well as myself.
Debbie

Always be nice. People will remember you and like how you made them feel and how you handle yourself and they will want to be around you.

As for other consultants trying to sell their wares at our shows - it happens to all of us. Debbie made some very good points on the subject. We just need to take the upper road.

What is "Some People Have No Clue!"?

"Some People Have No Clue!" is a cookbook published by Pampered Chef that features easy and delicious recipes for busy individuals.

Who is the author of "Some People Have No Clue!"?

The author of "Some People Have No Clue!" is Pampered Chef's resident food blogger and chef, Anna Boiardi.

What types of recipes are included in "Some People Have No Clue!"?

The cookbook includes a variety of recipes ranging from quick and easy weeknight meals to impressive dishes for entertaining. There are also recipes for appetizers, desserts, and cocktails.

Are there any special features or tips included in "Some People Have No Clue!"?

Yes, the cookbook includes helpful tips and tricks for meal planning, kitchen organization, and time-saving techniques. It also features beautiful photography and personal anecdotes from the author.

Where can I purchase "Some People Have No Clue!"?

"Some People Have No Clue!" can be purchased through the Pampered Chef website or through independent Pampered Chef consultants. It is also available at select retail locations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
SUZIEQCONSULTANT
  • cmdtrgd
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • MrsNetNut404