• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soLeadership Friends, What's Discontinued??

V
vwpamperedchef
I've been reading the threads and decided to start a discontinued one. On one thread I read only 5 things. One of them being the flat large round stone, which I love mine!

But what else....anyone??

Those 5 items are all we have heard so far. I hope that is it.

Those 5 are the only ones Wadesgirl texted me.

Well, good to know I am not missing any details! Thanks Mere.

I thought there would be more, but that is all she said.

The list will be in the special edition CN, which we haven't gotten yet. And I forgot to bring a Wish List to check things off.

Hey Ann, there you are!! You've been noticeably missing in all the frenzied posting! Hope you're having a great time. Thanks for popping in!

On one thread I read only 5 things.

With all of the different msgs going on, I have missed what the 5 discontinued items are! Would someone please list them for me? Thanx!

discontinued items:
Dessert cookook
large round stone
stencil set
holiday plates
dessert platesI would imagine that the crinkle cutter and garlic press would also be included, since the "resyled" ones will be introduced March 1st. I find it hard to believe that this is all................

WOW! The new catalog must be really thick!! Hmmm...wonder if it went up in cost if it is thicker!

straitfan said:
discontinued items:
Dessert cookook
large round stone
stencil set
holiday plates
dessert plates

I would imagine that the crinkle cutter and garlic press would also be included, since the "resyled" ones will be introduced March 1st.

I find it hard to believe that this is all................

Also the holiday platter, and the SB cookbook (always!) and the rack for the LRS - won't need that anymore if we don't have the stone!

Oh man, now I have to buy some extra large round stones - I just don't like the one w/handles! Now I'll have to use it at my shows! It's not as easy to pack!

pampchefrhondab said:
Oh man, now I have to buy some extra large round stones - I just don't like the one w/handles! Now I'll have to use it at my shows! It's not as easy to pack!

Mmmmm...hadn't thought about the fact that it's going to be harder to pack...

dannyzmom said:
Mmmmm...hadn't thought about the fact that it's going to be harder to pack...

This concerns me because the large stone with handles continues to have a steady rate of customer breakage and returns.:(

Maybe HO can make a large protective pouch and put it on the supply order... are those other pouches that some got during August (?) available yet?

It's not the breaking to pack it for me, it just takes up more room w/the handles. I packed and used it the first season, but have gone back to my flat stone.

Mine w/ handles is one of my products that stays stored in it's original box. Although, I don't usually take it to shows - If a recipe calls for the LRS, I adapt it for the large bar pan.

pampchefrhondab said:
It's not the breaking to pack it for me, it just takes up more room w/the handles. I packed and used it the first season, but have gone back to my flat stone.

Its also slightly bigger. I have a small oven (20 in) & it does not fit. Also when I use the Bar Pan I have to have a chair holding the door closed....:(

I pack it in the consultant bag with the woven round tray. I haven't had any problem with it. The woven seems to protect it just fine - you could also put a cookware protector around the bottom to give added protection in case someone puts the bag down hard. I have not carried the flat one since we got the new one and (knock on wood) have not broken it at all. I have had one guest who had 3 of them break and finally got her money back but none others.

I use the stoneware carrier for the LRS and my bar pan. Granted my bar pan sticks out the top, but I am careful when I pack it in the car. I have used the LRSw/ handles at every show since it came out and I haven't had a problem yet with mine. But I have done MANY more adjustments on that product than any other.

I stopped using my round stone a while ago - I use the bar pan and bring the small bar pan to talk about my stoneware - less to bring, lighter on the back and most recipes can be adapted to the bar pan - make a ring a braid and your pizzas just rectangle not round! I also don't like the LRS with the handles!

I use my stoneware carrier to take my stones. You can order that on the supply order form for $15. I usually take the lg round stone w/handles plus the med round stone with handles and the small bar pan to EVERY show unless I am using the bar pan. If I am using the bar pan then I replace the lg round w/handles with the bar pan. I have never had a problem carrying that to shows and try to use is as much as I can.

pcROX said:
I use my stoneware carrier to take my stones. You can order that on the supply order form for $15. I usually take the lg round stone w/handles plus the med round stone with handles and the small bar pan to EVERY show unless I am using the bar pan. If I am using the bar pan then I replace the lg round w/handles with the bar pan. I have never had a problem carrying that to shows and try to use is as much as I can.

Really? I don't see that on there? I thought there was an insulated carrier in the Spring/Summer catalog that got discontinued.

babywings76 said:
Really? I don't see that on there? I thought there was an insulated carrier in the Spring/Summer catalog that got discontinued.
Hmmmm...I guess it isn't on there anymore! It is a wonderful bag!! I can't believe that they don't have it anymore.

I keep my stones in their original boxes. It makes my storage at home much easier, plus they are more protected when I carry them to shows. I also do the same with my larger SA pieces.

I started keep boxes, but they take up way too much room in my little house:)! I put everything in my rolling case and usually leave most of it packed.

I have a cubby under my staircase that is perfect. The taller half is the linen closet, and the smaller side tends to gather junk, so I cleaned it out and use it to store my boxes there.

baychef said:
This concerns me because the large stone with handles continues to have a steady rate of customer breakage and returns.:(

I have to agree with you, lots of replacements with the one with handles and none with the regular one... The one with handles is thinner if you compare the two.
Schel

baychef said:

I agree ... I am sending in an adjustment for a customer ... for the second time ... because her large round stone with handles broke AGAIN in her oven!

I have ended up having at least 5 replacements on the round stone w/handles. Have not had to replace mine, but I hardly ever use it. I love my good, ole' seasoned stone!

ChefBeckyD said:
Also the holiday platter, and the SB cookbook (always!) and the rack for the LRS - won't need that anymore if we don't have the stone!

And beaded spreader and fork and spoon??

chefsteph07 said:
And beaded spreader and fork and spoon??

No - those can be used all year round.

These items are discontinued as of the Spring catalog:plate art and stencil set
Ice Cream Sandwich Maker
Holiday App. Plates
Holiday Serving Plate
Dessert Plates
SBRC FW08
Delightful Desserts
Soups cards
Crinkle Cutter (redesign)
Grilling Planks
Easy Pies and Tarts gift set
At Your Fingertips gift set
Garlic Press (redesign)
Large Round Stone
Large Rack

chefann said:
These items are discontinued as of the Spring catalog:

Plate art and stencil set
Ice Cream Sandwich Maker
Holiday App. Plates
Holiday Serving Plate
Dessert Plates
SBRC FW08
Delightful Desserts
Soups cards
Crinkle Cutter (redesign)
Grilling Planks
Easy Pies and Tarts gift set
At Your Fingertips gift set
Garlic Press (redesign)
Large Round Stone
Large Rack

Wow - really not a whole lot - and with the exception of the LRS - no surprises. In fact, most of them I had already guessed!

schel said:
I have to agree with you, lots of replacements with the one with handles and none with the regular one... The one with handles is thinner if you compare the two.
Schel

A host and I were just discussing this the other night that the one with handles is thinner!

Well I guess I better get my order in for the LRS!

Thanks Ann for posting the discontinued list!!

So now does this mean I can sell my desert plates in the marketplace? ;)

Di_Can_Cook said:
So now does this mean I can sell my desert plates in the marketplace? ;)

LOL- I have the matching serving platter to match if someone wants it! ;)

jbdowd0798 said:
LOL- I have the matching serving platter to match if someone wants it! ;)

I don't think there was a serving platter to match the dessert plates, was there?:confused:

Do you mean the Holiday plates?

Yes thats what I mean and assumed (hoping I'm right!) Di meant :)

The Holiday plates are appetizer plates. Those were discontinued. But the Dessert Plates that were discontinued are the round white ones with the gold swirls on the rims.

byrd1956 said:
I have ended up having at least 5 replacements on the round stone w/handles. Have not had to replace mine, but I hardly ever use it. I love my good, ole' seasoned stone!

Has anyone addressed this with HO? Regarding the breakage on the new one with handles? I had a host have one in the oven break twice now. Not to mention, whatever your cooking on it has to be thrown away also when it cracks in the oven...:mad:
Schel

straitfan said:
discontinued items:
Dessert cookook
Is this the Festive Holiday Dessert Book that just came out? I have and love this book so I will be disapointed about that!!:(

large round stone
stencil set
holiday plates
dessert plates

I would imagine that the crinkle cutter and garlic press would also be included, since the "resyled" ones will be introduced March 1st.

I find it hard to believe that this is all................

Dessert cookook
Is this the Festive Holiday Dessert Book that just came out? I have and love this book so I will be disapointed about that!!:(

No, it's the Delightful Desserts cookbook.

That really is the whole list, guys. That's it. :D

Is the new white glazed stoneware replacing the cranberry, or will they both be available?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mturock
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mom4angela
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Intrepid_Chef