• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soI Went to Kmart This Weekend. and I Was Wondering Did We Skip

Plus, Christmas is a big moneymaker, so they want to capitalize on it as much as possible.In summary, the conversation revolved around the early appearance of Christmas decorations in stores, with some expressing frustration at the skipping over of Halloween and Thanksgiving. Others mentioned that it can be helpful for those who like to plan ahead for Christmas, but overall the consensus was that it's too early and takes away from the enjoyment of the fall season. Some speculated that retailers are trying to boost sales by promoting Christmas early.
Jennie4PC
So I went to Kmart this weekend. And I was wondering did we skip halloween and Thanksgiving all together?? They had all thier Christmas out. Trees, decorations and all. I told the checker it was way to early for Christmas. I know people start shopping early for Christmas but we havent even started Oct yet.

Re: ChristmasI agree with you. Sunday we went to Lowe's and were the Halloween stuff was, the Christmas decorations were. Goodness gracious!

Re: ChristmasWe were at Target this weekend, and the Christmas stuff was with the Halloween stuff, they already have Christmas lights stocked! Holy cow- no wonder I can't get lights when I need them, they're all sold out by November!

Re: ChristmasIt's really confusing to my 2 yo grandson... He seems pumpkins, turkeys, and snowmen in Hobby Lobby and isn't sure what is going on!

Re: Christmasyes...it is crazy. Why are we in such a rush? Christmas will be here before we know it, but we don't have to rush it. I don't feel like we even get to enjoy the fall season because everywhere you look is Christmas decorations.

Re: ChristmasOn the news tonight they were talking about this. They are trying to get people into the stores and start thinking about and spending money now for Christmas. They are worried people will hold out until December to shop (and not spending much the closer we get to the holiday), so they are trying to remind them to shop now by putting everything in our faces nice and early! :grumpy:

Kelly V.

Re: ChristmasCome on, people! There are only 85 days left until Christmas! LOL!I start mentioning Christmas at my September shows. We live in a sped-up world. I don't like that Thanksgiving, especially, is passed over. However, I understand the urge to push ahead. My parents were up from Florida in July and August. Mom was able to buy Christmas wrapping paper so she could get her grandkids' gifts wrapped and ready. It kept her from having to ship them. She was pretty happy to be able to buy that in July.

Re: ChristmasI also MENTION christmas at my shows, but I certainly don't want to see it until Halloween has passed. It's terrible. By the time Christmas actually does get here, I get so tired of seeing all the trees and hearing the music, etc. I just want it to go away. And I love the holiday. It is being too much shoved in our faces way too early. We don't even put up our tree until the week before and we take it down on N Years Day.

Re: ChristmasI personally LOVE it, I do alot of crafts for our church bazaar and decorate EVERY room in my house with a different theme so this gives me a chance to do it in stages and scope out what every store is offering. Some years I change the theme or color from room to room and need to add more

Re: Christmasi was at target last night just trying to find anything pink for breast cancer awareness month! no such luck. all they had was a small endcap of KITCHEN products! im not going to give my guest a target kitchen product when i sell something of alot higher quality! i ended up getting a heart shaped cookie cutter. ill try fred meyer tonight...

Re: ChristmasKind of like when you go looking for a bathing suit in the summer and they've got the winter coats out already, without a bathing suit in sight :)

Re: Christmas
Hathery said:
Kind of like when you go looking for a bathing suit in the summer and they've got the winter coats out already, without a bathing suit in sight :)

pretty soon theyll have bathing suits back.
just in time for the washington snow.

Re: Christmas
thecougchef said:
pretty soon theyll have bathing suits back.
just in time for the washington snow.

No kidding; I'll be able to go sledding in my brand new bikini. haha.

Re: ChristmasI am completely done Christmas shopping for my grandchildren. The only reason I'm not totally done is I still don't have lists from some of my adult children. Our Christmas celebration is held at Thanksgiving so I always have to be a month ahead and this year with my surgery needs I needed to be even more organized.

All that being said, I too think they put it all out too soon!

Re: ChristmasWith the way retail sales have been slumping all year, they probably want to start getting rid of their inventories early so they're not stuck with a bunch of leftover stuff after Christmas and have to sell it at a loss.

1. What is "soI Went to Kmart This Weekend"?

"soI Went to Kmart This Weekend" is a phrase that refers to a popular social media trend where people share their experiences and hauls from their shopping trips to Kmart.

2. Did we skip something important by not going to Kmart this weekend?

It depends on what you were looking for. Kmart offers a variety of products such as clothing, home goods, and electronics, so you may have missed out on some good deals. However, there are always other opportunities to shop at Kmart in the future.

3. Are there any special promotions or sales happening at Kmart this weekend?

It is best to check Kmart's website or social media pages for any current promotions or sales. You can also sign up for their email newsletter to stay updated on any upcoming deals.

4. What are the store hours for Kmart this weekend?

Store hours may vary by location, so it is recommended to check with your local Kmart for their specific hours. You can also find store hours on Kmart's website.

5. Can I find Pampered Chef products at Kmart?

Yes, Kmart does carry a selection of Pampered Chef products. You can check their website or visit a store to see what items they have available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • raebates