• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I Just Send a Venting Email to My Director by Mistake?

I
Inomiamenda
To Judy Joel. After the 4th response of " I'm just so busy, and I am not sure this workshop is going to be a good fit for me," I sent an email to Judy Joel. I forwarded the last email between the other lady and me, and unfortunately for me I had also sent it to my director and vented a little, asking her for better word choices than what I was actually thinking, which was kind of mean at the time. I forgot to delete that part when I re-sent it to Judy Joel. OMG my face is sooo much redder than my hair right now.
But the part that I meant for her to see said

Hey Judy,
I am so sorry to be a pain. I really am very easy to get along with ( I swear!)
However, I have <unfortunately> felt my frustration level continue to elevate each time I receive any communication from ***** ( name of co-presenter) and I thought I'd share the most recent email. She indicated in earlier emails that she is still not even sure she is attending conference. This is my first experience being asked to teach at National Conference, and I was so looking forward to it ( and still am,) because I am a full-time teacher, mentor and coach at a public school here in Tennessee. Working with ***** has not brought me the experience I had hoped for. At this point, I'd like to ask that if you'd still like me to teach the class, I be assigned another partner.
Thanks so much for your time.

She replied and said she appreciated me letting her know my concerns and that she had a call into the other person.

I am mortified about what I sent to Kathy though... I really was venting because literally have just asked for 15-20 minutes and it is excuse after excuse. But still.. ay yi yi..

Smee again. So, I just owned it. It's what grownups do, right?
I sent another email apologizing for sending the wrong email to her. I told her I was ( and I am ) mortified because I was blowing off steam. Really, what else could I do?
Thoughts?
Thanks ya'll!

Becky I wouldn't worry about it. You know the principal who recently was reprimanded for sending the parents an e-mail along the lines of "Advise her to eat sh-- and die". Apparently, this principal is an excellent principal and meant to vent to a vice principal but accidentally hit reply to all.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/florida/fl-principal-obsenity-miami-20100513,0,7428630,full.story

Hoping this make you feel better about your situation!!

Ann- I so so so do heart you. We have to meet up at Conference.
Thank you!!!

You did the right thing!!!! Let us know what happens! :)

Thanks Colleen. I will. As soon as I crawl out from under my desk lol...

I'm sure Judy won't even notice, and if she does, I'm sure she's read plenty worse before!

You did not only the right thing but the upstanding, upright thing in pointing out your own goof up. It's all good... you're "REAL" and that's what I LOVE in the NC Presenters!

You guys are awesome. Thank ya'll soo much!

beckyjsmith said:
Ann- I so so so do heart you. We have to meet up at Conference.
Thank you!!!

Aww...thank you!:love0010: Like others have said, I bet they have heard worse and you have explained to Judy that it was not all meant to be forwarded on.

:devil:Becky....you didn't tell your director that you wanted your co-presenter that you hope she eats sh-- and dies, did you???:D Ha! I KNOW you didn't!!

I think it shows Judy how much you care that you have a great workshop for attendees and that speaks volumes. Hang in there!!

baychef said:
Aww...thank you!:love0010: Like others have said, I bet they have heard worse and you have explained to Judy that it was not all meant to be forwarded on.

:devil:Becky....you didn't tell your director that you wanted your co-presenter that you hope she eats sh-- and dies, did you???:D Ha! I KNOW you didn't!!

I think it shows Judy how much you care that you have a great workshop for attendees and that speaks volumes. Hang in there!!

Lol... no .. the words I used had more to do with whiny, self-important b****.. EEK!!! Terrible.

HA!! Ummm....all true!!!

Becky... this happened to me a few years ago. A girl I was friends with (*was* being the main word here) ended our friendship over something I didn't do. Still can't figure the whole thing out but ultimately she wanted an apology from me for what I didn't do, that she accused me of doing.I, of course, being the stubborn one that I am, refused to apologize because I didn't do what she had accused me of. In any case, we had this e-mail exchange going (because she refused to talk to me on the phone). I wrote a heated reply back but didn't plan on sending it because I thought better and decided it wasn't worth it. At the time I was reviewing what I wrote, our realtor called and asked to show our house asap. I went to hit Discard but hit Send instead by mistake. Oops.Needless to say, she didn't respond and we haven't spoken much since!

Yikes! Thanks Colleen and Ann. I know what I said was harsh and I really didn't mean it totally.. at least the b**** part. I haven't used that word in a long time so I feel even worse that someone else saw my vent. Kathy knows how quickly I get over things so I am sure she took it with a grain of salt. Oy!
Note to self... lesson of the day.... if you don't want someone who doesn't even know you to see it, don't put it in writing. Zoinks.
Did I mention you guys ROCK?!?!? Thanks so much!!

Becky, you are going to present an AMAZING workshop. You've been working so hard on this and it's completely understandable why you're frustrated. From what I've read in the other posts, you have tried so many different ways to "meet" with her. She should have made a decision LONG before.

It's unfortunate that the vent portion was sent by accident, but as the others have said, it happens. It's true, at least it shows you're real and that you care! ;D

I had a similar situation happen a while back. A recruit lead went crazy on me and we exchanged a flurry of emails. Because I was new, I was forwarding and commenting with my recruiter. I accidently sent it to the lead. Needless to say, it was mortifying and she was not happy. Yikes!

At least the ball will get rolling and you can focus on the workshop rather than the co presenter.

Still wish I could attend YOUR workshop! It's going to be SO GOOD!

finley1991 said:
Becky... this happened to me a few years ago. A girl I was friends with (*was* being the main word here) ended our friendship over something I didn't do. Still can't figure the whole thing out but ultimately she wanted an apology from me for what I didn't do, that she accused me of doing.

I, of course, being the stubborn one that I am, refused to apologize because I didn't do what she had accused me of.

In any case, we had this e-mail exchange going (because she refused to talk to me on the phone). I wrote a heated reply back but didn't plan on sending it because I thought better and decided it wasn't worth it. At the time I was reviewing what I wrote, our realtor called and asked to show our house asap. I went to hit Discard but hit Send instead by mistake. Oops.

Needless to say, she didn't respond and we haven't spoken much since!

Don't these situations just frost you? Maybe it was actually fate that held the key stroke and nothing else!!

baychef said:
Don't these situations just frost you? Maybe it was actually fate that held the key stroke and nothing else!!

You're so right!!!!! :)

You guys really really made me feel so much better about the whole thing. Thanks so so much again.
Ann- I think you may be right as well.
I received an email from my copresenter this morning asking if I could call her this afternoon. She said she spoke with Judy Joel this morning and wanted to touch base sometime today. hmmm... I am interested to see what she says.
I will definitely keep ya'll posted.

OMG! DEFINITELY keep us posted!!!!

Ok so wow. She is very nice in person. She talks more than me and faster than I do. I think it is going to be ok.
Thank you guys so so so so much!

Yay Becky! That's great news!!! :)

YAY! Becky I'm very happy for you!!! :D

Excellent!! She still needs to follow through and assist. Has she ever presented before? Maybe she feels that after doing it once before she doesn't need to prepare as much.

Yes- she has, something like 7 times. So that also makes me feel better. However, simply communicating that with me in the beginning would have been oh-so-helpful.
You guys are so so so the best. I can't thank ya'll enough!!

Oh good, I bet that is why she has been acting as she has been. To her, it is sort of old hat. You are welcome, Becky. Glad this is all working out for you!!

(((hugs))) Sorry you had to deal with problems at all, but I'm sure it was no fun when you realized you forwarded words that were not meant to be read by others! Yikes!!! Glad you are back on track & happy with the progress now. I wish I could come to conference & hear you speak! :(

1. What happened in this situation?

In this situation, the person accidentally sent a venting email to their director while trying to communicate with another person.

2. Why did the person send the email?

The person sent the email because they were frustrated with their co-presenter and wanted to express their concerns to their director.

3. What was the content of the email?

The email contained both the original communication with the co-presenter and a venting section expressing frustration and requesting a new partner for the workshop.

4. How did the director respond?

The director responded by thanking the person for bringing their concerns to their attention and stating that they would speak to the other person about the situation.

5. What was the person's reaction to the situation?

The person was extremely embarrassed and mortified about accidentally sending the venting email to their director.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Inomiamenda
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Inomiamenda
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef
  • imported_iteachurkid