• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Soggy Fish Sticks on Stoneware?

In summary, the recruit's new friend said that her stone made her fish sticks soggy. The participant speculated that the issue could be due to freezer burn, lack of heat, or the stone not being a Pampered Chef product.
Bren706
Gold Member
My newest recruit got this message from one of her friends recently when she posted about our stoneware on her Facebook page:

"I was mentioning how you don't have to turn fries/chicken fingers/frozen foods when baking them and they get crispy all around, she said she made fish sticks on her round stone the other night and the liquid pooled around the sticks and made them soggy on the bottom. Her stone is VERY well seasoned...it's practically black. What might cause this? Can it be too seasoned and not absorb moisture?"

I don't think I have ever had this problem. Anybody have suggestions?

My first thought is that the fish sticks were freezer burnt or homemade and too damp when breaded.

Sounds odd to me. My bar pan is pretty well seasoned..and I know that sometimes the ice that is in the bag gets on my pan and I don't worry about it..because they still get very crispy.

Possibly they just weren't cooked long enough?

I was also thinking maybe freezer burn on them when she put them on the bar pan and/or she didn't cook them long enough. But Darlene has a good point if they were homemade. I've never had issues with stuff being soggy on my stones.

And also, could be that her oven wasn't hot enough.

The only other thing I can think of is if her stone is not a Pampered Chef stone? I have been at a show and had the host pull out her "stone" as I cringe and realize it isn't a Pampered Chef one :)

Weird, we made fish fingers quite often when my son was smaller and never had that issue.
I'm guessing the over wasn't hot enough. All the fish fingers I've cooked seem to want 425°.
Freezer burn, I'm not sure about. Does that add extra water to stuff? I thought it just made the color funny. Just curious.

1. Can I use stoneware to cook fish sticks?

Yes, stoneware is great for cooking fish sticks because it evenly distributes heat and helps to create a crispy texture. However, if the fish sticks are turning out soggy, there may be some other factors at play.

2. Why are my fish sticks coming out soggy on stoneware?

There are a few possible reasons for this. It could be because the stoneware was not preheated before cooking, the fish sticks were not spaced out evenly on the stoneware, or the stoneware was overcrowded with too many fish sticks. It could also be due to the type of fish sticks being used or the oven temperature being too low. We recommend experimenting with different cooking methods to find the best results.

3. Should I use oil or butter on the stoneware when cooking fish sticks?

No, oil or butter is not necessary when using stoneware to cook fish sticks. The stoneware is naturally non-stick and the fish sticks should not stick to it. Adding oil or butter can actually lead to the fish sticks becoming soggy.

4. Can I use stoneware to reheat leftover fish sticks?

Yes, stoneware is great for reheating leftover fish sticks. Preheat the stoneware in the oven, then place the leftover fish sticks on the stoneware and bake until heated through. This will help to maintain the crispy texture of the fish sticks.

5. How do I clean stoneware after cooking fish sticks?

Cleaning stoneware after cooking fish sticks is easy. Let the stoneware cool completely, then scrape off any excess food with a nylon scraper. You can also soak the stoneware in warm soapy water for a few minutes to loosen any stubborn bits. Avoid using metal utensils or harsh cleaners on stoneware as it can damage the surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gbakes27
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
c00p
  • PamperedDor
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • sfdavis918