• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated with Hostesses: When Common Courtesy Fails

In summary, the speaker is frustrated with hostesses who are not closing their shows in a timely manner. They have been trying to get two catalog shows to close for several months, but the hostesses keep making excuses. The speaker is also struggling to close two shows for the November sellathon. They are disappointed that people are not being honest or considerate in their communication and actions.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I know everyone is probably tired of complaints, but I just needed to get this out in the universe. What is the deal with hostesses??? I can't get anyone to close. I have asked, begged and practically stalked them to get them to close. I have 2 catalog shows out, and I can't get them to close. One has had hers out since Sept., she always had a legit excuse so that is why I have let it drag out so long. She also knows that I am trying to make a goal and keeps saying...I left the papers at work. The other one I see on a regular basis. She always looks at me in horror and says oh, I forgot to bring it again. I offered to stop by her house and pick it up, but there is never a good time for her. I am just getting so frustrated. The last host, I even told her that I need to close quickly because I have 2 outside orders to add to her show to help her get to the next level. I just don't know why people don't give us common courtesy to tell us the truth or to do things in a timely manner. This blows my incentive I was working towards and I was so hoping to make it. Thanks for listening.
Leslie

Remember we still have til Tuesday to close our shows for the November sellathon. I'm glad too because I have 2 catty show hosts that started at the beginning of November and still... I called them Monday. They said to call them Thursday to close. So I called them today and they both want til Monday. So I told them we HAVE to close then because they have been open a month now. The flakyness drives me nuts too...

I completely understand your frustration, Leslie. It can be incredibly frustrating when you have worked hard to book and hold shows, only to have your hostesses not follow through on their commitments. It's important to remember that everyone has busy lives and things come up, but it's also important for hostesses to communicate with their consultants and follow through on their responsibilities.Have you tried reaching out to your hostesses through different methods, such as text messaging or social media? Sometimes people are more responsive through those channels. You could also try setting a specific date and time for them to close their show, and remind them a few days beforehand.In the future, you could also consider implementing a hostess agreement or contract that outlines the responsibilities and expectations for both you and the hostess. This can help avoid these situations in the future.Overall, it's important to communicate openly and honestly with your hostesses and let them know how their actions (or lack thereof) are affecting your business. Hopefully, they will understand and make an effort to close their shows in a timely manner. Hang in there and keep working towards your goals!

1. What should I do if my hostess is not responding to my attempts to schedule a party?

If your hostess is not responding to your attempts to schedule a party, try reaching out to her through a different method of communication. For example, if you have been emailing her, try calling or texting her instead. You can also ask if she prefers to communicate through a specific platform, such as social media or a messaging app. If you still do not receive a response, it may be best to politely move on to other potential hostesses.

2. My hostess keeps canceling and rescheduling our party. What should I do?

If your hostess keeps canceling and rescheduling the party, it is important to have a conversation with her about the importance of sticking to a set date and time. Explain that this not only affects your business, but it can also be frustrating for guests who have already RSVP'd. If the hostess continues to cancel or reschedule, it may be necessary to find a new hostess.

3. My hostess is not following through with her commitments for the party. How should I handle this?

If your hostess is not following through with her commitments for the party, such as inviting guests or providing necessary information, it is important to have an open and honest conversation with her. Let her know that her lack of follow-through is impacting your business and ask if there is anything you can do to help. If she continues to not fulfill her commitments, it may be necessary to find a new hostess.

4. What can I do if my hostess is not meeting the minimum party sales requirement?

If your hostess is not meeting the minimum party sales requirement, it is important to remind her of the importance of reaching this goal. You can also offer suggestions for ways she can increase sales, such as inviting more guests or adding on to her order. If the hostess is still unable to reach the minimum requirement, you can offer to combine her party with another hostess or suggest she become a personal shopper for her own order.

5. My hostess is not showing common courtesy, such as not thanking guests or letting them know their orders have arrived. What should I do?

If your hostess is not showing common courtesy, it is important to address this issue directly with her. Let her know that these small gestures can make a big impact on guest satisfaction and future party bookings. You can also offer to send a thank-you message or order updates on her behalf. If the hostess continues to not show common courtesy, it may be necessary to find a new hostess.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • chef131doreen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • ElizabethPurvis