• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sodium Content of Citrus Basil & Peppercorn Garlic Rubs

In summary, the Citrus Basil Rub and the Crushed Peppercorn and Garlic Rub have 120 mg of sodium per serving, while the Thai Red Curry Rub has 300 mg of sodium per serving. The serving sizes for the rubs are different, with some saying it's per 1/4 t., while others are 3/4 t. The nutritional information for all of the rubs can be found on pamperedchef.com, where it says that the sodium content for the Thai Red Curry Rub is too high for a sodium restricted husband.
AmyDare
Does anyone know the sodium content for the Citrus Basil Rub and the Crushed Peppercorn and Garlic Rub?

I just looked on my bottle and it said for nutritional information visit us at pamperedchef.com

Thanks! (now, why didn't I think of that?) ;-)

see attached. maybe someone can update this?

Attachments

• Pampered Pantry Ingredient Info.doc
    51 KB · Views: 695
I couldn't find it on the "public" pamperedchef.com, but I logged into CC and typed in the names of the various rubs and up comes the nutritional info for all of them! I saved the image as a .gif and emailed it to the gal who was wanting to know.

I was very excited about the Thai Red Curry rub because we love curry in our house, but at 120 mg of sodium per serving, that's too much sodium for my sodium restricted husband. *sigh* I actually end up making most of my own seasonings these days.

Last edited:
I noticed that the "serving sizes" were different on the different rubs. Some say it's per 1/4t., which is the normal size for a rub, while others are 3/4 t. So...if 1/4 t. is the norm, then you're really looking at 30mg., which isn't nearly as bad.

That was just for that specific rub and it was the serving size. Added to that is that we like to use a LOT of seasoning to add flavor (required when giving up salt) so I typically use 2-3 times the serving amount on seasoning and rubs, which puts the sodium well out of range.Sodium is so bad for you... my husband is only to have less than 1000 mg per day, and that is a challenge, but a normal healthy person should only have 2000 mg per day and unless you are watching your sodium intake carefully, no one hits that number because sodium naturally occurs in many foods so it really NEVER needs to be added to any seasoning... but of course it is. It does make it hard for me to be excited about our pampered pantry products when I know they really aren't good for you.

Rubs always have salt. It's part of what makes them a rub instead of a seasoning.

scottcooks said:
see attached. maybe someone can update this?

by chance has anyone updated this..thought I would ask before I try..

I have but please send me an email with your consultant number and the name of the person who recruited you. I won't forward to any other than consultants.It is 7 pages long.

It's too bad they don't use un-refined sea salt in the seasonings, that is the only kind of salt that is necessary and good for your body. The commercial table salt is what is bad for you and I found it pretty interesting that your body views it as a toxin and fights it off. They should just use the Himelayan sea salt we sell then they would be much better for you. Plus it just tastes 100x better, I can't stand table salt anymore!!!

Does anybody have an updated list of ingredients in the seasonings, rubs, and sauces, including dessert sauces to reflect new f/w 2011 catalog? Thanks for your response!

What is the sodium content of the Citrus Basil rub?

The sodium content of the Citrus Basil rub is 120mg per 1/4 tsp serving.

How much sodium is in the Peppercorn Garlic rub?

The Peppercorn Garlic rub contains 130mg of sodium per 1/4 tsp serving.

Are the sodium levels in the Citrus Basil and Peppercorn Garlic rubs considered high?

The sodium levels in both rubs are considered moderate and are in line with other seasoning blends. However, individuals on a low-sodium diet may want to use these rubs in moderation.

Do the Citrus Basil and Peppercorn Garlic rubs contain any added MSG?

No, both rubs do not contain any added MSG.

Can I use the Citrus Basil and Peppercorn Garlic rubs on any type of meat?

Yes, these rubs are versatile and can be used on any type of meat such as chicken, pork, beef, and fish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• spoiledchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
JenBlake
  • jenniferlynne
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • chefheidi2003