• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the SodaStream Home Soda Maker worth the investment?

In summary, the SodaStream machine costs $100, but it's worth it because you can make your own soda for a fraction of the cost. The kosher colas are an extra cost, but they taste better than regular colas.
http://cdn.digisecrets.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Talking-Tom-2.png

uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh YUP! THAT'S IT!

We have had our SodaStream maker for 2.5 years now.
One thing I really like to make is seltzer water.
Sometimes DS mixes the grapefruit flavor and the orange mango flavor together. DH only likes the regular Fountain Mist.
Now that BBB carries them, we use our 20% off coupons when we need to get replacement canisters & syrups.

We really enjoy ours. We found several flavors that we really like, Diet Fountain Mist, Diet Root beer, Diet Grapefruit and the Cola Zero is not bad either. Pat loves the diet orange but we laughed when he read the Grape ingredients as they replace half the sugar with Splenda and there is absolutely no grape juice in it! Same with the Diet Orange. The Diet Ginger-ale is sorta OK but I have to add a smidge bit more of the syrup. I love the idea of the mixture of grapefruit and orange-mango though. Very tropical! I am glad we got it.

John, I would recommend when you can spending the $50 to buy the adaptor so you can use regular paintball CO2 tanks instead of refills. Refills of CO2 are under $10 when you have a tank and adaptor.

Careyann said:
It would be a great savings if my kids/husband would bother to use it!! I got mine in the recruiting promo last fall, they all thought it would be great and we used it for a month or so and now it sits in the closet and the syrups sit in the cupboard!! I don't drink soda at all, so I never initiate pulling it out!
They had no complaints about taste at least at the time!

we found a spot on the counter for ours. Also, I do the majority of the grocery shopping and I refuse to buy cans of water/soda any more.

I'm loving that I can carbonate a bottle, pour a smaller glass and flavor that for my son. I don't care if he doesn't drink a glass, but no more wasted cans or even the larger homemade bottles.

lt1jane said:
John, I would recommend when you can spending the $50 to buy the adaptor so you can use regular paintball CO2 tanks instead of refills. Refills of CO2 are under $10 when you have a tank and adaptor.

Just remember to leave out the paint balls, or you're liable to get some very interesting colors in your beverages.

I think I liked the names of these drinks more than the taste!!

pac11.jpg

He looks like a paint ball.

Oh my he sure does! Loud Mouth Lime! I remember that. Chinese Cherry, Goofy Grape, Injun' Orange, Rootin Tootin Raspberry, and name changes when it became not so politically correct, Choo Choo Cherry, Jolly Olly Orange, Freckle Face Strawberry and a ton of others. I am going to try something. I buy the packages of drink mixes from Aldi. Each packet makes 2 qts of lemonade or grape or tea or punch. I am going to try splitting the packs and adding that to sparkling water. I love fizzy lemonade when you add it to gingerale so I figured what the heck, add the powder to the carbonated water and see what happens. I may end up with an explosion of flavor but I will pour the powder in over the sink to be sure!

Attachments

• Funny Face Packs.pdf
    43.1 KB · Views: 716
Last edited:
pampered1224 said:
I am going to try splitting the packs and adding that to sparkling water. I love fizzy lemonade when you add it to gingerale so I figured what the heck, add the powder to the carbonated water and see what happens. I may end up with an explosion of flavor but I will pour the powder in over the sink to be sure!

Make sure to presweeten anything that is not sweetened. My husband has Gatorade packets. He liked his Gatorade experiment. A word of warning, don't put the powder in too fast or it will bubble over on you.

Sort of like pouring in the root beer syrup too fast! Now that was funny because it was Pat and not me who did it! Half the bottle went! I will watch it! And thankfully it is pre-sweetened with Splenda so no sour puss! (well at least not the soda!)

Love, love, love my Soda Stream!!!

Everyday I make 2 bottles worth,of water add 6-8 fresh strawberries and juice of 2 lemons. Drink it all day LOVE it Sunday i made tea and put fresh mangos in MFP and then added my carbonated water, it was the hit of my open house!

<h2>1. Is the SodaStream Home Soda Maker worth the investment?</h2><p>This is a common question for those considering purchasing a SodaStream machine. Ultimately, it depends on individual preferences and habits. However, many users find that the initial investment is worth it in the long run due to the cost savings on buying pre-made soda.</p><h2>2. What are the benefits of using a SodaStream machine?</h2><p>Some benefits of using a SodaStream include cost savings, customization of flavors and carbonation levels, and reduced environmental impact due to the elimination of single-use plastic bottles.</p><h2>3. Can you refill the CO2 canisters at home?</h2><p>While it is possible to refill the CO2 canisters at home, it may require additional equipment or adaptors. It is important to carefully follow instructions and safety precautions when attempting to refill the canisters.</p><h2>4. Are the SodaStream syrups made with high fructose corn syrup?</h2><p>No, the SodaStream syrups do not contain high fructose corn syrup. They use alternative sweeteners such as cane sugar and stevia.</p><h2>5. Is it easy to mix and create your own soda flavors with the SodaStream machine?</h2><p>Yes, many users enjoy the ability to mix and customize their own soda flavors using the SodaStream syrups. It can be a fun and creative activity for the whole family.</p>

1. Is the SodaStream Home Soda Maker worth the investment?

This is a common question for those considering purchasing a SodaStream machine. Ultimately, it depends on individual preferences and habits. However, many users find that the initial investment is worth it in the long run due to the cost savings on buying pre-made soda.

2. What are the benefits of using a SodaStream machine?

Some benefits of using a SodaStream include cost savings, customization of flavors and carbonation levels, and reduced environmental impact due to the elimination of single-use plastic bottles.

3. Can you refill the CO2 canisters at home?

While it is possible to refill the CO2 canisters at home, it may require additional equipment or adaptors. It is important to carefully follow instructions and safety precautions when attempting to refill the canisters.

4. Are the SodaStream syrups made with high fructose corn syrup?

No, the SodaStream syrups do not contain high fructose corn syrup. They use alternative sweeteners such as cane sugar and stevia.

5. Is it easy to mix and create your own soda flavors with the SodaStream machine?

Yes, many users enjoy the ability to mix and customize their own soda flavors using the SodaStream syrups. It can be a fun and creative activity for the whole family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heather9892
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • WLMcCoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
WLMcCoy
  • crystalscookingnow