• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sobering Photos of Chernobyl Area

In summary, the "Sobering Photos of Chernobyl Area" serve as a reminder of the devastating nuclear disaster that occurred in Chernobyl in 1986. The photos were taken by various photographers over the years, including Gerd Ludwig, Igor Kostin, and Elena Filatova. They are safe to view from a distance. It is possible to visit the Chernobyl area, but it is important to follow safety precautions and guidelines. Supporting organizations and local businesses, as well as raising awareness and advocating for better resources, can help those affected by the disaster.
esavvymom
Staff member
Interesting photos to see. I was just a young teen when this happened- so didn't really sink in at the time, but I can't even imagine.GRcade :: View topic - BLH's tour of Chernobyl. Hello Digg/Reddit/world!!I'm not sure which is more disturbing - that some company actually gives TOURS of the place and charges money for it or that people actually PAY money to go see it! But, it could be a good way for people to 'never forget'...we hope.

Wow, it is amazing! I like that they give tours because it makes it real. I just wonder if they have to wear protective clothing or anything. And, the guide MUST wear protection to be there so many times!

Wow, these are very sad! I could never go there in person!

Thanks KG! I figured you had posted it somewhere, but hadn't had a chance to go search for it. Interesting.. "What would happen if.." - too scary!

Wow. Very interesting. I was once offered a job not too far from there. I, uh, declined.

We were told by our friends in Germany (previous West G.) that shipments of the produce from Chernobyl were sent to the E. Germans to buy. Very sad. Hopefully it was only done because they didn't know any better.

1. What is the significance of the "Sobering Photos of Chernobyl Area"?

The photos serve as a reminder of the devastating nuclear disaster that occurred in Chernobyl on April 26, 1986. They show the long-lasting effects of the disaster on the environment and the people who were affected by it.

2. Who took these photos?

The photos were taken by various photographers who have visited the Chernobyl area over the years. Some of the most well-known photographers include Gerd Ludwig, Igor Kostin, and Elena Filatova.

3. Are these photos safe to view?

Yes, these photos are safe to view. While the Chernobyl area is still considered a high radiation zone, the photos have been taken from a safe distance and do not pose any harm to viewers.

4. Can I visit the Chernobyl area to see these locations in person?

Yes, it is possible to visit the Chernobyl area, but it is important to follow strict safety precautions and guidelines. It is recommended to visit with a licensed tour guide who can ensure your safety and provide accurate information about the area.

5. How can I support those affected by the Chernobyl disaster?

There are various organizations and charities that provide support and aid to those affected by the Chernobyl disaster. You can also support local businesses and communities in the area by purchasing products made by them. Additionally, raising awareness about the ongoing effects of the disaster and advocating for better support and resources for those affected can also make a difference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies