1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sobering photos of Chernobyl area

1. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Interesting photos to see. I was just a young teen when this happened- so didn't really sink in at the time, but I can't even imagine.

GRcade :: View topic - BLH's tour of Chernobyl. Hello Digg/Reddit/world!!

I'm not sure which is more disturbing - that some company actually gives TOURS of the place and charges money for it or that people actually PAY money to go see it! But, it could be a good way for people to 'never forget'...we hope.

Oct 29, 2009
  2. cmdtrgd

cmdtrgd Legacy Member Gold Member

Wow, it is amazing! I like that they give tours because it makes it real. I just wonder if they have to wear protective clothing or anything. And, the guide MUST wear protection to be there so many times!

Oct 29, 2009
  3. pampchefrhondab

pampchefrhondab Senior Member

Wow, these are very sad! I could never go there in person!

4. The_Kitchen_Guy

The_Kitchen_Guy Legend Member Silver Member

5. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Thanks KG! I figured you had posted it somewhere, but hadn't had a chance to go search for it. Interesting.. "What would happen if.." - too scary!

Oct 29, 2009
  6. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

Wow. Very interesting. I was once offered a job not too far from there. I, uh, declined.

Nov 2, 2009
  7. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

We were told by our friends in Germany (previous West G.) that shipments of the produce from Chernobyl were sent to the E. Germans to buy. Very sad. Hopefully it was only done because they didn't know any better.

Nov 2, 2009
Have something to add?