• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has anyone else had a frustrating experience with UPS delivery?

In summary, Debbie's order from Sears was delayed by UPS, and she is now out of supplies for her upcoming show. She recommends calling HO first thing in the morning to straighten out any problems with the order, and contacting UPS to get their side of the story.
Debunny
:mad: I am ticked off at UPS bigtime. I ordered a supply order the beginning of last week that was due today and I stayed home all morning waiting for it. I even SAW the UPS truck drive by and the guy waved because I was out in my front yard cutting grass. I thought it was odd that he didnt stop since I was expecting him but thought that maybe there was a delay or something in my order. I JUST got around to checking my tracking number to see when it was going to be delivered and it says it WAS delivered at 9:30 this morning, around the time I saw the truck go by. There is NO WAY he delivered here so I suppose he delivered it to someone else.Tracking said it was left on their front porch. HO hours are over for the day so I cant call them til tomorrow. Have any of you had anything like this happen before? What did you do? I have a show Saturday and the supplies I ordered were for that! I am totally out of SB and door prizes and such; thats why I ordered 2 weeks BEFORE my next show. I am stressing so bad wondering if there is ANY way that my order will get here in time if it has to be replaced. Geez!, sorry guys, just needed to vent bigtime.
UGH!

Debbie

I understand big time! I ordered at Christmas time from Sears and they used UPS for shipping. Well, they delivered it (after waiting home all day knowing that I would be getting it) to the wrong address! It was a necklace for my mom and it was 10 days from Christmas! I was completely stressed and finally Sears had to clear it up with UPS. It was totally UPS's fault they delivered it a house on a different street and noone even lived there! I couldn't believe it! I would definitely call FIRST thing in the am and have it straightened out! Can you ask your recruiter to borrow some items? Good Luck!

Don't panic! I know, easier said than done. Call HO asap tomorrow. I'm sure whoever received your delivery is very confused, and doesn't need it. I am sure that between HO and UPS, it can be tracked down. You still have a few days to get it worked out...don't panic.

Sorry, So Aggravated!My husband and I had that or something similar happen TWICE in recent weeks and it's VERY inconvenient!! My husband has called UPS both times and spoken with supervisors to remedy the problem. Both times for us, it was on a Friday night delivery and once my husband had to meet a truck half way to pick up the package and the other time the supervisor agreed to put the package on a truck first thing Sat morning to get it to us. Ugh!

I would suggest that you raise a little sand, especially since you SAW the truck go by. UPS should make it right for you.

I am also upset with them because they lost a replacement PC product of mine weeks ago and I'm looking really bad to this particular host and her guest in the way of customer service. I am still waiting for UPS to locate the package or pay to replace it because they can't assure me that it was delivered. What's the deal with the big brown trucks lately anyways?? Good luck to ya!

Thanks everyoneI am so sorry I flipped out like I did. I had a stressfull day and have been up since 5 am to boot, so I think with me being tired and then getting aggravated when I saw it had been delivered, and I have an idea where it was delivered to and am pretty sure that they probably kept it. When I got to thinking after i typed I remembered that I saw UPS pull out of a neighbors drive down the street from me, well actually next door but I am rural so down the street :) But the thing of it is that the ppl who live there are kinda trashy, KWIM? REALLY dont think they are the type to return something . I guess I could be fooled but I just dont think so. But I AM going to call HO in the morning and let them know and see what can be done. I am also calling UPS and let them hear a piece of my mind. I already emailed them to let them read a pc of it ;) As for borrowing from my recruiter; so not able to happen right now.... I saw her today, in fact bought her minivan since her DH just got shipped to Germany, and she is moving this month and already has ALL of her PC stuff on the way to Germany. Day after tomorrow she is flying to Disney for the PC trip so I wont see her again, probably not for a very long time anyway. Ugh, what to do, what to do....I may have to just add door prizes on orders if HO cant help me..geez, what a mess.

Debbie

I JUST had a problem with UPS like this! I ordered some organic Egyptian cotton gifts for my nephew's first birthday (went all high end because I don't get to see him, being 1000 miles away!) and then waited...and waited...and waited...and my sister kept saying "no boxes came today". Shoot!

So I called the company (Under the Nile) multiple times, and left messages, but no one called back. Finally after it was two weeks late, I called the wholesale distributor and convinced her to call the owner (this is a really small company). So the owner called me and said she had just called UPS, and they said the item was delivered the week before.

I went on the UPS website and put in the trackign number, and it said very clearly that the item was NOT delivered, and that they were waiting for Under the Nile to get back with the correct name. Now, my sister and her family have an unusual, very Polish last name and they are the ONLY ones in that town with that last name. So it is not like they needed to distinguish them from all the other people with that name or something.

Anyway, so finally we get UPS to agree to let my sister go up to the office and pick up the box. They had: the name wrong, the house address wrong (8 instead of 83), the city wrong, AND the zip code wrong. Under the Nile read me the address THEY had, and it was correct, so it was completely whomever at UPS inputs the addresses!

My present was 16 days late for his birthday party :(

WowAnd here I thought my supply package being late was bad. Kathlynn that just bites that they delivered your nephews birthday gift so late; or rather held it til it was picked up. Geez! What is it with UPS? I am still a little miffed at them. But on a good note, I just called HO and they are resending my supplies. I was worried I was going to have to buy them again since in the system it says it was delivered to "my" address, even though it wasnt. The people around here just haphazardly number their mailboxes, but mine IS numbered and so is the house so I dont see how he didnt see that their number did not match. hmmmm sounds like someone just slacking on their job. Oh well, I am still in a good mind to call UPS and let them hear it. :p

Debbie

I had the same problem with UPS last year. The first time I checked the computer and saw that the package was delivered. It was late evening after dark, so I went outside and looked on both my porches, checked our cars, etc. I thought this was very odd because UPS delivers to my house all the time. The next day I called UPS and was told the package was delivered. I told them it wasn't delivered to me. The driver was new and my house is surrounded by trees and he delivered to what he thought was the last house on the street...nevermind that the house numbers didn't match. The lady in at that house is a friend of mine, but she was out of town and had been out of town for almost 3 months visiting her kids. I sent my husband to check her porch...no boxes. Come to find out, someone in her family drove by, saw a box on the porch, stopped and put the box inside, didn't look at the label. I finally found one of them to check and get the package for me over a week later.

The second time the package was delivered to her house again. A totally different driver. Now, I personally know the regular driver and she actually drops all packages to me at work in a completely different town. Her relief driver knows where I live and has always left my packages on my porch.

This is unfortunate, but it does happen. I had to speak to UPS 3 or 4 times and finally had to find the packages myself.

My suggestion is to just go to the neighbors house and tell them UPS left your package there and can you please have it. The driver knows where he left it, there is a record and UPS knows who the driver was.

Shawnna

I have had a lot of broken stones lately (posted on another thread) and now that I read all of this, I'm convinced that it is more than likely a problem with UPS, not PC. It's too bad, because I think it makes us look bad. :(

UPS problem even in canadaI also had a lot of problem with UPS as a host, and as a consultant I get some other problem too. I'm leaving in a appartement building and they wont let the order here wich is find but they wont deliver after 4 o'clock ether, and to go and pick up the order it's far and they are no help what so ever. I will prefer if PC will use Canada Post, they have a better service then UPS and very often when you have to go and pick up someting they are a lot closer from home and open later then 5 o'clock wich some of us have a full time day job we do finish around 5 o'clock right?

:D I have to say that I have had nothing but great experiences with UPS. They always deliver according to schedule and sometimes a day early. I have put the hostess name on the delivery and had it sent to my home and the UPS guy still gets it right. There is a joke in our house about the UPS man. My boys will announce to me when he pulls in our drive because they know how much I love getting packages. I tell them I love the UPS man all the time. I have had a few broken stones but HO is more than willing to take care of it very speedily. I am sorry all of you have had such troubles. My friend runs a business out of her home and her UPS man is fantastic. He gave her his cell phone number and she calls him if she knows a package is coming and will meet him in town to pick it up if she doesnt want to wait for it to come to her home. No, no affairs going on. Just a great represenative for his company. Hang in there. They are a huge company and do a amazing job getting what we need to our door.
Blessings,
Laura

opposite problemI've actually had the opposite problem my last 2 shows! UPS delivered on time, but to my hosts address!! EVERYTIME I submit a show, I have it delivered here to my house. I separate the orders, add their reciepts and thanks you cards that I make and a flyer about our host benefits. I know how to submit shows, etc but for some reason the last 2 have gone to my hosts address. I've called field services, tech support and order processing all of no help what so ever. One lady from PC even made me feel like I didn't know what I was doing :mad: . These weren't my first shows, these were actually my 15th and 16th! I even double check before I submit my shows to make sure the show is shipped to my home and not my hosts (unless it is a show long distance). This happened to another PC rep I know too and she didn't know why either. :confused: If you have ANY ideas why this might be happening I'd love to hear them! I'm almost afraid to submit my last 3 shows for this month!!

Did you make sure you had the hosts name and C/O your name and address on both places in Pampered Partner. In the host order screen where you put the hosts actual order in you have to put the address that you want it shipped to as well as in the host information area. If the hosts actual address in is either of those screens that is where the package will be shipped. But, when you submit the show a screen pops up that basically says "this is where this package is going to be shipped. Is the address correct". I have had to go back and change the address several times or put an address in the host order screen because I forgot to put it in. Anyway, hope you figure out what the problem is. It is frustrating when there are lost orders.

Shawnna

I have had several shows shipped to my house and I always put the hostess name and then C/O and my address. The only way it could be going to their home is if you have entered the hostess address. When you go to put in the hostess order make sure her address is not showing up on the shipping. It should be yours. You will have to go in after the show transmitted and put in her correct address so you can keep your contact information straight. Sorry it didn't work for you. Maybe this will help you out.

thank youHi ladies! Thanks for your advice. :D

I do put the host's name and then c/o my name along with my address. I even went to the extent of changing my last host's information in my contacts file before I submitted my last show! I am literally stumped!! :confused: I will be submitting a show in 2 days...lets cross our fingers it comes here!! HAHA!!

Last edited:
I am stumped too :confused: . How in the world could home office find out the address if you did not enter it in! That is crazy. Please post if you find the answer. It will keep me up tonite. haha.

Haha!!HAHA I know!!! Believe me!! :p

She has hosted a show for me before, so maybe that could be how??

It really could be something I have done, but I sware I've done this enough times to know what I am doing. HO really couldn't help me out, but they did tell me to print out my show information on PP BEFORE I submit the show because that is exactly what they recieve when we submit our shows to them. I guess I have to be more careful :confused: as I thought I was being before!! We'll see and I will post if I find out what happened!!

UPS Just Plain Sucks!When I worked for Gateway Computers as a CSR about 75% of my complaint calls were due to UPS. I had one guy call from NYC and the UPS guy delivered only 2 of his 4 boxes to him and just sat the other ones in the lobby. The guy bought this enormous system and had to carry the heaviest boxes up 6 flights of stairs. Ups isn't very reliable most of the time! :mad:

what to do?I am wondering what to do now. I told DH about what happened with UPS and how I thought maybe it was delivered to the ppl down the street. Well, he went to their house and asked them if it had been delivered. They said it had not so he went to their neighbors; which are very close to their house and it HAD been delivered there. At least it wasnt at the first persons house. They said they had been planning on seeing if they could find which house it belonged to today :eek: so now I feel like a dope. Their address was 270 and ours is 370 so obviously the UPS man looked at it wrong. Anyway... what do I do now that HO is resending my order out? Send it back or what? I guess I could call them and tell them what happened and see if they want me to just pay for the new order too, less than $20 worth of stuff so not like its a big amount of money. What a pain in the butt this turned into.

Debbie

When you send anything back to PC within the first 30 days (when something is damaged or an extra item, for example), they will pay to ship it back to them. I would think they would do this in this situation. Just call customer service and explain what happened. They'll likely send you a mailing label that you can stick right back on the box and I think they arrange for UPS to come pick it up. It won't be of any cost to you. Hopefully UPS won't screw THAT up!! :mad:

UPS has always worked good for me. Anytime I have ordered anything whether from PC or from JcPenny's it has always arrived on time and in good condition. Always the best thing to do if there is a problem with UPS is to call the local center or call 1-800-pickups. Trust me I know my husband works for UPS. I can not get on this if he is around or it would drive him crazy reading about things like this.

:D Like I have said before. I love ups. they do a great job. never had a complaint.
laura anglea

My experience has always been positive when dealing with UPS also :D . Like, krzymomof4, my husband also works for UPS and it disturbs him when he hears things like this but truly it is never done intentionally. These guys work really hard and sometimes in their career may make a few errors (their human) but you can always take this up with your local center (they are very accomodating). Just remember other delivery companies are not exempt from these same mishaps. I am sorry for your unfortunate situations and understand your frustration but I do have to come to the defense of UPS because they really are an outstanding company with wonderful drivers just like PC with wonderful consultants (we have our days too ;) ).

1. What is "SoAggravated!"?

"SoAggravated!" is a seasoning blend made by Pampered Chef that adds a rich, smoky flavor to your dishes. It is a combination of spices and herbs, including garlic, onion, paprika, and cayenne pepper.

2. How do I use "SoAggravated!"?

"SoAggravated!" can be used as a rub for meats, such as chicken or pork, before grilling or roasting. It can also be added to soups, stews, and sauces for an extra kick of flavor. You can even sprinkle it on popcorn or roasted vegetables for a tasty snack!

3. Is "SoAggravated!" spicy?

Yes, "SoAggravated!" does have a spicy kick to it. The cayenne pepper adds some heat, but it is not overly spicy. If you are sensitive to spice, you can always use a smaller amount or mix it with a milder seasoning.

4. Are there any allergens in "SoAggravated!"?

"SoAggravated!" does not contain any common allergens such as dairy, nuts, or gluten. However, it is always important to check the ingredient list for any potential allergens that may affect you or your guests.

5. How long does "SoAggravated!" last?

The shelf life of "SoAggravated!" is approximately 2 years from the manufacturing date. It is best to store it in a cool, dry place to maintain its flavor and quality. Once opened, it should be used within 6 months for optimal taste.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Flamingo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • cincychef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • pamperedpals