• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soWho Here Is Going to Leadership?

R
RachelNguyen
I decided to go, since I am a future director. Anyone else?

I'm goin and walkin as a new Director!!! And, I get to see my family in Dallas who I haven't seen in a few years!

I would love to go but my sister is pregnant and lives in Vegas. I need to go there instead!!!:D

I'll be there! Can't wait!:D

Me Too! Maybe!I just made FD a couple of weeks ago! :D Yeah!
I really want to go to Leadership! :rolleyes:
Problem - my DH already has tickets for Vegas, computer show, the dates overlap with Leadership! :(
Our families do not live in the same town (about 2 hours away), what do we do:
a) kids have an early Spring Break at grandma's and aunt's.
b) kids separate and stay with friends.
c) I stay home w/ kids, again!
HELP! :eek:

I would go with choice A! It will show them that your job is fun, too.

I really, really, really want to go to Leadership BUT I need money!!:( I wish that it was not so close after the holidays!!

I'm going. I have already registered, reserved a room and bought an airline ticket.

I have never gone to leadership because I never had enough recruits to go. Then I go and promote to Director between February and July of this year. I am very excited about it. I have heard great things!

Lisa

I am going, I have registered and bought airline tickets, someone else in our cluster is in charge of rooms so I am not sure about that.

Well have fun guys! I can't wait to hear all about it. I'm hoping to walk as DIRECTOR at National!:D

I had been planning on it, but then had a baby, lost my recruits (one was a kitnapper, one went inactive). I'm hoping to go to National Conference, but I'm not sure how the whole baby-breastfeeding thing is going to work. Anybody done this?

I'm hoping to get a new recruit tonight. She was a lead from about 6 months ago. I've been talking to her every few months and tonight she has a show and said she is ready to sign!!! I'm not getting too excited until she has actually submitted her agreement though...

rebeccastt said:
I had been planning on it, but then had a baby, lost my recruits (one was a kitnapper, one went inactive). I'm hoping to go to National Conference, but I'm not sure how the whole baby-breastfeeding thing is going to work. Anybody done this?

I'm hoping to get a new recruit tonight. She was a lead from about 6 months ago. I've been talking to her every few months and tonight she has a show and said she is ready to sign!!! I'm not getting too excited until she has actually submitted her agreement though...

I hear ya there! My 2nd recruit came out of the blue and was a blessing in disguise. I can't wait to see how she does!:D

My director is pushing me to go, but with the way things are going right now I don't know if I will still be a FD by leadership!

I will !!!I wil be there, I can't wait. We should make plans to meet.

rebeccastt said:
I'm hoping to go to National Conference, but I'm not sure how the whole baby-breastfeeding thing is going to work. Anybody done this?.
Last year at conference (2005) my daughter was 10 months old and I was still breastfeeding. She took a bottle fine with what I pumped and she stayed home with my husband and my son. I did pump while I was at conference though and there's a special room for nursing moms. I say go for it! How old will your baby be by then? Probably at least the same age as my daughter was. I didn't want to miss conference and we weren't ready to wean at that time yet. Believe it or not, you'll see consultants there with newborns who nurse when they can in between sessions!!!

I am really really ready. I am walking across stage.

I went to Leadership in 2005 when it was at San Antonio and it was a blast. This year we were in the process of moving so I miss Atlanta. But, I AM READY FOR THIS YEAR. ;))

pamperedbecky said:
Last year at conference (2005) my daughter was 10 months old and I was still breastfeeding. She took a bottle fine with what I pumped and she stayed home with my husband and my son. I did pump while I was at conference though and there's a special room for nursing moms. I say go for it! How old will your baby be by then? Probably at least the same age as my daughter was. I didn't want to miss conference and we weren't ready to wean at that time yet. Believe it or not, you'll see consultants there with newborns who nurse when they can in between sessions!!!

How much did you have to pump to have enough for all of those days? <as she says while pumping> I thought about that, but I'd need a huge supply! He'll be around 11 months.

I'll be at Leadership!! Got my plane tix and room reserved already. My director and cluster-mates are all geeked to go. And we just figured that we'll all be in the same wave for Conference (one of our little group is a Hospitality consultant), so we'll room together again. There's another post in the Lounge about buttons for Leadership and Conference so we can all identify eachother. I've got some at home and can mail them out to you for $2 each (PayPal to ann (at) dannann.net, check to me or cash).

I'll be there! I did Conference Club so my registration was covered (that was nice!) and I got a plane ticket for ~$160! I'm rooming with my director, so I'm all set!

Oh wait....I still have to figure out childcare, but I have time for that. :)

I'll be there! All ready to hang with friend from Florida that I met on the cruise.

rebeccastt said:
How much did you have to pump to have enough for all of those days? <as she says while pumping> I thought about that, but I'd need a huge supply! He'll be around 11 months.
Gosh, I really don't remember. Obviously she wasn't nursing as much by then because she had started solids, so that's something to think about. I knew I'd be going, so I tried to stock up my frozen supply as much as I could. I can't remember exactly but I think every so often she'd have formula too and tolerated it well if the supply in the freezer was getting low. Soon after conference (when she was about 11 months) we actually started milk a little earlier than the 12 months we were "supposed to" wait until. So that's something to think about too (depending on how you feel about that). Just try to freeze as much as you can in the months leading up to conference. It's kind of a pain to go through all that, but it's SO worth it!! (both because you'll be coming to conference, but also for your baby to still be nursing by then!:D )

Leadership 2007I am planning on leadership. Yet none of my cluster is. My cluster is from the East Coast and I'm here on the West Coast. How did you all find roomies or does PC set it up for you? Laurel

PC doesn't set it up for you, but you can contact your upline or even set it up on here with another consultant.

I wish I could go, but my youngest daughter's birthday is a week before Christmas and my husband's family has decided that we are actually doing gifts this year for the big extended family party so I will be incredibly BROKE. I'm planning on going to National, though, since it's right here by me and hope to walk the stage as a Director by then. :D

Signing #3
jentapp said:
I wish I could go, but my youngest daughter's birthday is a week before Christmas and my husband's family has decided that we are actually doing gifts this year for the big extended family party so I will be incredibly BROKE. I'm planning on going to National, though, since it's right here by me and hope to walk the stage as a Director by then. :D

Fingers crossed on your number three and me too. I have shows Friday and Saturday who are potential's. Looking for the Kit Credit. Good Luck for BOTH of us.:eek: Laurel

I would like to go, but I'm not sure because of the cost. I just signed #3, so 2 more to go! I guess I gotta decide soon, if I want to pay the early bird registration!

My Director and I were planning on attending but all the rooms are booked. I e-mailed HO to inquire about adding additional rooms but have not heard back. Other hotels downtown are $200+ per night ... OUCH. So if anyone hears of additional rooms opening up, please let me know. Thank you, :(

I just booked my room at the Magnolia Hotel (4 1/2 stars) $139 for Sunday, and $179 for Monday and Tues- that is for 4 people (extra people, extra money) free breakfast, happy hour and cookies and milk at bedtime. We MAY have room for 1 more person, right now we have 3 and a maybe. the hotel is 6 blocks from the convention center.

I'd love to go, but due to a family problem that's cost me tons of money since Conference, I'm lucky to be paying for Christmas out of pocket. So, I'll be broke and our son's bday is Jan 30th and DH is Feb 7, and mine is Feb 21st, PLUS there's Valenties Day. So any extra cash will be going for ALL that.

I'll be walking across the stage at National Conference(fingers are crossed!) for New Director! I'm hoping my Director gets to walk as an Advanced (we are hoping this will happen at Leadership!) or (fingers crossed) a Senior Director. She's got 1 director and 4 trying to promote.

My DH was going to go with me to conference, but doesn't want to take the classes and I don't feel like paying for him to fly to Chicago and stay at the hotel so that he can fish the whole time. We are also taking a vacation to Cincy in May with the kids and his mom. Garfield Suites, King's Island, a Reds game, the zoo, and the aquarium just don't come cheap for 5 people. Especially when they all want to eat!! I'm really!! What's wrong with them?:D :p

OPPS, forgot! My director and our cluster got rooms at the Hampton Inn Dallas-West End-Convention Center which walking distance, 0.65 miles to the Dallas Convention Center and just 0.62 miles to Adam Mark Hotel. Thought you guys might like to know!

Rooms all booked?
pkd09 said:
My Director and I were planning on attending but all the rooms are booked. I e-mailed HO to inquire about adding additional rooms but have not heard back. Other hotels downtown are $200+ per night ... OUCH. So if anyone hears of additional rooms opening up, please let me know. Thank you, :(
Wow please let me know what HO says. I too have been thinking about it. I Really Want to Go. But No way with the Higher priced hotel rates. Yikes. Laurel

CAmomCookin4U said:
Wow please let me know what HO says. I too have been thinking about it. I Really Want to Go. But No way with the Higher priced hotel rates. Yikes. Laurel

My director got her room for $134 a night. So if you stay 2 nights and their are 4 people in your room it would only be $67/person PLUS TAX!! If you stayed 3 nights then it would be $100.50/person. Still a great deal!! Plus, you'd get to spend an extra night in Dallas!!!

I'm going (I live about 30 mins north of Dallas :D) and I'll be walkin'!

the entire 30 miles? (walkin I mean)

Pre-Seasoned Consultant
Pampered Laura said:
I'm going (I live about 30 mins north of Dallas :D) and I'll be walkin'!
Hi Laura, I just saw your tagline. Me TOO! I re-signed in Dec of 04. Looking at walking at National 07. Congrats on a Leadership walk. :D

hotel
DZmom said:
My director got her room for $134 a night. So if you stay 2 nights and their are 4 people in your room it would only be $67/person PLUS TAX!! If you stayed 3 nights then it would be $100.50/person. Still a great deal!! Plus, you'd get to spend an extra night in Dallas!!!
Donna is that a Conference Hotel? I heard that it was all booked up:confused: Laurel

CAmomCookin4U said:
Donna is that a Conference Hotel? I heard that it was all booked up:confused: Laurel

No, the only conference hotel is the Adam Mark and last I heard it was booked.

I'm going!OK!
I've made my decision to go! :) I earned my right to go, so I am! :D
I've just registered my workshops and paid my reg.

Now, I am looking for roomies!
Anyone else? :confused:

No-one else from my cluster is going -I'm on my own! :eek:

Roomies wanted
VeronicaW said:
OK!
I've made my decision to go! :) I earned my right to go, so I am! :D
I've just registered my workshops and paid my reg.

Now, I am looking for roomies!
Anyone else? :confused:

No-one else from my cluster is going -I'm on my own! :eek:

Hi Veronica, I'm in need of roomies too. I received the invite to go now I just need to do it. I'm looking forward to it just waiting a couple of weeks to get the flight. Which Hotel are you at or are you waiting for openings? Laurel

DZmom said:
My DH was going to go with me to conference, but doesn't want to take the classes and I don't feel like paying for him to fly to Chicago and stay at the hotel so that he can fish the whole time.

I could be wrong, but I believe only consultants are allowed to go to the classes. You can bring guests (you have to make arrangements before) to general sessions, though.

As for rooms, some should be available soon. Usually everyone who knows they are going reserves a room. Once they find roomies, not all the rooms are needed, so they are let go.

Rooms Available!Hey! I just checked on CC, the housing link for the conference hotel.
There are rooms available for $129/night!
If we can get 4/room, each person's total shouldn't be too bad!
I can reserve a room, if three of you will join me!
Or if someone else wants to reserve, I'll join you!

(My only two requests: NON-SMOKING & No Feather Pillows --ALLERGIES)

Congrats on the baby! The breastfeeding thing is awesome. I have three daughters and did it for all of them. They are now 5,7, 9 and I wouldn't have changed it for anything and I was one who was like NO WAY! I don't even want to try that! But I did obviously, and LOVED IT. Best bonding ever. Did you sign the new recruit? Congrat on that too. Leadership is awesome. I went last year for the first time. I just starter PC last September and went to Atlanta for Leadership in January. What a Rush. It was amazing. It was even better than National. I want to go to Dallas, I just need to make sure I can secure a sitter for my kids and I'm a bit nervous about flying alone. I flew last year with my director to Leadership and to National and she moved. So she won't be here to fly with me and I don't fly well. No one else on my team is going. I am trying to get one of my team member to promote to FD before then so she can go with me. Good luck! You'll get your team member back.

Im Interested in Rooming.
VeronicaW said:
Hey! I just checked on CC, the housing link for the conference hotel.
There are rooms available for $129/night!
If we can get 4/room, each person's total shouldn't be too bad!
I can reserve a room, if three of you will join me!
Or if someone else wants to reserve, I'll join you!

(My only two requests: NON-SMOKING & No Feather Pillows --ALLERGIES)
I too require a Non-Smoking room. I only need it for th 8th & 9th though. Laurel

Does anyone have room for me?I am still trying to find room in the Inn! :eek:
To save on expenses, I would like to share a room w/3 others! :)
My only preferences are Non-Smoking & No Feather Pillows! ;)
I would be there for the 3 nights too! :cool:

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Karen
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Leigh0725
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Leigh0725