• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Your Favorite Item from the TTA Simple Additions Collection?

a little disappointed with the knives. I was really hoping they would be better. I think I'm going to send them back. I also love the bowls with the dots. I think the green one is really pretty. I also love the oven mitt. I think the steak knives are really cool looking. I'm not sure about the measuring spoons, I'm going to have to test them out. Overall, I'm really happy with my purchase!
speedychef
I earned level 2, and I'm loving the new TTA. I am infatuated with Simple Additions, so I LOVE the bowl. The platter is okay. The knives surprised me, I thought they were all plastic! So that was nice...I really love it all, of course...I think my least favorite is the scoop/clip. I'm not a coffee girl, so I can't figure out what else I'd use it for, but I'm open to suggestions!

Loving the TTA and LOVE LOVE LOVE the Dots! I also earned level 2, so I must get me those dots cups somehow! I haven't checked out the samples yet, otherwise I'll buy them in March. :)

Mine just came this afternoon, so I didn't have much time to play. We'll see what emerges as I actually use them! :)

Oh, this artichoke Kitchen Brush is my first and I DEFINITELY am loving it!

I only earned Lvl 1 but I LOVE the new shears. DH thinks the new easy read measuring spoon is neat. I can't wait to get the other new products! Valky

I didn't earn sellathon so I ordered them, and they should be here next week! My trifle bowl will come tomorrow, but now I am scared because so many people have had them break!

I earned level 1, I like the TTA and LOVE the trifle bowl! I thought that the bowl with the dots are MUCH nicer in person, I really like them:) My husband thinks that the green knife is ugly:rolleyes:

I earned it all, and am loving most of it actually. I haven't had time to play with them; just opened to look. I love the black TTA, dots are cute, love the trifle bowl of course, LOVE the new oven mitt (though it is a bit big, I'm hoping it will shrink), love the new colors too.
All & all I'm pretty happy:)

I too haven't played yet. I am scared by the "fun" knives. I think they are dangerous - they don't look like real knives so I see lots of cuts.

Like the dots much more than I thought I would (but not the mugs) - the large bowl appears to be much bigger than I expected (don't know for sure - mine was in pieces - sorry I keep saying that but it is upsetting). The steak knives are awesome and the box they come in very impressive - a great wedding gift for someone special. You can have the dish towels and the avocado things - yech. All in all though I think we have some great new things!

Favorite? I'll get back to that once I've played.

Well....I LOVE it all because it's FREE :). I do like the dots more than the tiles. Love the large round platter. I'm featuring the turtle fudge skillet cake in February and it would look great displayed on that. Not so sure about the new measuring spoons and not a fan of the artichoke but I can't wait to play around with those salad choppers. They're pretty cool looking. I got level two so I don't have all of it but looking forward to earning a duplicate set when I promote! Got to keep working on that so I can get those steak knives :D.

I love the Trifle - although mine arrived chipped but I still love it and will get it replaced. I love the quality of the steak knives, love the new TTA and the big white round platter...I know the tomato knife will be a huge hit around here...um...what else...oh, the grilling planks are cool, too!

I love my trifle bowl. The only thing about that is when I set it on the pedistal (sp??) it kinda rocks back and forth. I think I need to call home office about that one. I don't think it should rock.
I haven't open the rest of my level 2. My sister is coming tonight and I am waiting to take everything out of package with her.

nicki25 said:
I love my trifle bowl. The only thing about that is when I set it on the pedistal (sp??) it kinda rocks back and forth. I think I need to call home office about that one. I don't think it should rock.
I haven't open the rest of my level 2. My sister is coming tonight and I am waiting to take everything out of package with her.
WOW! You have self-control!! Most of us tell the kids to get their own dinner when a package arrives!:p

Don't get me wrong. I did open it. I just didn't take anything but the trifle bowl out of the packages.

I LOVE the Trifle Bowl...I was so syked when I saw that I earned it!
Nicki... did you put the right side up on the pedistal? The U&C says put the PC logo side down on the counter. I don't know .. yours could be defective though?

My 12 yr.old daughter and husband liked the green...they thought it was a pretty color...OF course they weren't around for the 70's green...my husband was in Turkey, don't know if it was popular there then!! My daughter liked the green dot towel better than the purple one...She's my "in style'' girl, fashion, trends...she's up on it! Both my girls liked the polka dot stuff!

I liked the dots better in person too! The whole bowl feels like such nice quality! I just don't know what I'd use if for much except for serving side items? Maybe have a big salad for lunch? Candies to sit on a table... hmmm..things will come to me!
The measuring Spoon... TOO COOL!!

I DON"T like the Oven Mitt! I wrote Cust. Serv. about it today! The finger tips are WAY too long...My husband tried it on before I did, and he immediately said that. I put it up against my old cream color oven mitt...The new one is about 2 inches LONGER at the finger tips! That makes it hard to maneuver hot pans ... I thought the new one would be just like the old one, only in a color and maybe longer on the arm... It isn't much longer on the arm(maybe 1/2 inch), but much longer on the fingertips!! No one's fingers are that long!

I agree with the review on the oven mitt, it just doesn't fit quite right and it doesn't seem very managable to deal with hot things with it. I don't care for it.

I love the dots in person!! Definently have to take that to shows, they look much better than seeing them in the catalog. And the new kitchen shears, WOW, LOVE them!!!

Did anyone figure if the trifle bowl is the 10lb package?? Or is it the changeover kit? Thanks :)

I got my boxes yesterday and had everything strewn out across my living room floor last night. My husband was laughing at me saying I was "like a kid at Christmas", well duh, of course I was..lol! So far I'm loving the trifle bowl. Am I the only one intimidated by how HUGE the round platter is?? I'm dissapointed in the kitchen shears, they look like fabric scissors to me. I haven't actually used all the other things (level 2) but when I do I'll get back with a fav.

I love the trifle bowl. Different than i thought. I feel stupid now that i thought you could use the base as a cake plate. i guess you can for a mini bundt! Hate the oven mit. my dad has big hands and he said he couldnt grip anything. I only got my level 1 yesterday. I get my level 2 tomorrow! Did anyone elses come in two packages? I opened all my stuff and siad...where are the salad choppers? I didnt realize how much more I am going to get! I am excited. I LOVE the dots!!! I like the kitchen shears too. i never had the old ones. I am very skeptical about the measuring spoon. I couldnt figure it out! the whole thing kept popping appart! it was probably just user malfunction! i will let you know about the level 2 stuff! I am having my b-day party tomorrow night so i think i will make a chopped layered salad in the trifle dish with the choppers and put avacado or something in the dots bowl as a side topping!

Thanks for the tip. When I put it together right it is GREAT!! You saved me a phone call to HO.

I agree w/ the review on the oven mitt...very awkward - and I was really looking forward to it, so that was disappointing!
LOVE the dots, the trifle bowl, the round platter, and the TTA.....the tools I'll have to use first - oh and I think I'm going to really like all of the new spices!
I really like the polka dot towels - I think they are just fun!

The cake decorating kit.....hmmmm, I've never used (or even opened) the first one, so can't be really excited about this one either - can someone change my mind about it?

You can't use the base for a cake stand but wouldn't it be awesome if they released an additional plate to put on the top of the stand in the Fall to make it into a cake stand.

speedychef said:
I earned level 2, and I'm loving the new TTA. I am infatuated with Simple Additions, so I LOVE the bowl. The platter is okay. The knives surprised me, I thought they were all plastic! So that was nice...I really love it all, of course...I think my least favorite is the scoop/clip. I'm not a coffee girl, so I can't figure out what else I'd use it for, but I'm open to suggestions!

Haven't gotten mine, yet :( (sniff, sniff), but I can see using the scoop/clip for sugar (especially smaller containers, like raw sugar).

raebates said:
Haven't gotten mine, yet :( (sniff, sniff), but I can see using the scoop/clip for sugar (especially smaller containers, like raw sugar).
That was one of the uses mentioned at Leadership.

I want mine! Nothing has arrived yet and I feel left out. :(

mom2leelee said:
I got my boxes yesterday and had everything strewn out across my living room floor last night. My husband was laughing at me saying I was "like a kid at Christmas", well duh, of course I was..lol! So far I'm loving the trifle bowl. Am I the only one intimidated by how HUGE the round platter is?? I'm dissapointed in the kitchen shears, they look like fabric scissors to me. I haven't actually used all the other things (level 2) but when I do I'll get back with a fav.
I'm excited about the round platter to serve skillet cakes on!
I also think the oven mitt is awkward....and was really glad it came back:(

How does the round platter look on the trifle stand?? Is the platter about the size of the SA large square?

MicheleC said:
You can't use the base for a cake stand but wouldn't it be awesome if they released an additional plate to put on the top of the stand in the Fall to make it into a cake stand.

That would be great to see that! I'd love that.

I love that my dots SA bowl still matches this seasons towels. My kitchen is done based on those colors and I was afraid that none of the spring colors would work. I'm excited to use my mix and chop. I'm making Manwich tonight and I usually use my bamboo spatula to chop my ground beef but I want to see how this works.

and please report back!!

When do we get our training DVD? Does it always come with our first supply order, or is it in the changeover kit? You would think after almost two years I would know by now.

Yes that would be wondeful!!!

jenniferlynne said:
When do we get our training DVD? Does it always come with our first supply order, or is it in the changeover kit? You would think after almost two years I would know by now.
I just got a supply order today, and a "Spring Into Success" VIDEO (not dvd!) was included, along with a "Getting Started" Training DVD, and a new binder (with a place to hold DVD's & CD's - very cool!) and posters for the Trifle Bowl and SA collection.
I don't have my change over kit yet though, so maybe the DVD for this season will be in there?

jenniferknapp said:
How does the round platter look on the trifle stand?? Is the platter about the size of the SA large square?
Perfectly! And very stable! It is the same size as the large round stone or the large square if you cut off the corners.

BethCooks4U said:
Perfectly! And very stable! It is the same size as the large round stone or the large square if you cut off the corners.

And it is soooo cute sitting on top of the Dots SA Bowl!!! I love the new round platter - I actually took it with me to a show last night (unpacked it, washed it, and packed it in my kit and left!) for my SKillet Cake.....so so so happy to have it! Booked a Bridal Shower for March by talking about the new products and showing that one!

ChefBeckyD said:
And it is soooo cute sitting on top of the Dots SA Bowl!!! I love the new round platter - I actually took it with me to a show last night (unpacked it, washed it, and packed it in my kit and left!) for my SKillet Cake.....so so so happy to have it! Booked a Bridal Shower for March by talking about the new products and showing that one!
Oh yes! I forgot about putting it on the small bowl!

hmmm....thanks girls! I love my white SA....I think I need the large round for my collection :) ...and maybe the one little round dots bowl, even though I am not getting in to all of the colors and designs!!

MicheleC said:

Love that idea!

That's great that the round SA will fit on the Trifle base as a cake stand. :)

I had no idea I had earned any of the new products - so MUCH to my surprise came the Level 1 products. I'm thrilled that I earned them and didn't know it, but......not impressed with the adjustable spoon at all. I'm also not real impressed with the oven mitt. I have really small hands, so I guess it will be for display. The other things I'm happy with. The black tool turn about! My favorite! I have black countertops in my kitchen

While I didn't earn any level in sell a thon I cannot wait to order: new TTA, SA dots, love the new colors, HWC items and I am patiently awaiting my trifle bowl! Everything else is just a bonus and will have to see how I like them when I get my sample pack!

Just got this email from HO:
ChefBeckyD said:
I just got a supply order today, and a "Spring Into Success" VIDEO (not dvd!) was included, along with a "Getting Started" Training DVD, and a new binder (with a place to hold DVD's & CD's - very cool!) and posters for the Trifle Bowl and SA collection.
I don't have my change over kit yet though, so maybe the DVD for this season will be in there?

Just got this email to clarify why I received a VHS instead of DVD:

Dear Consultant,

You'll soon be receiving your supply order, which will include your free copy of the Spring into Success video.

Unfortunately, we inadvertently sent you a VHS version. Since we realize that many people prefer DVD format, please be assured that we will be sending you a DVD version shortly. Of course, in the meantime, you may keep the Spring into Success VHS with our compliments.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

The Pampered Chef

Well I used the mix~n~chop and I have to say I loved it. It chops it up REALLY finely if that's what you want so I'm impressed. I found that if you press it down and twist it does the best job. It was also good for stiring the manwich into the ground beef after browning.

mom2leelee said:
Well I used the mix~n~chop and I have to say I loved it. It chops it up REALLY finely if that's what you want so I'm impressed. I found that if you press it down and twist it does the best job. It was also good for stiring the manwich into the ground beef after browning.

That's great news! I'm excited to get mine...

I'm going to use the mix-n-chop for tacos tonight, but I have a question...call me dirty, but does that adjustable measuring spoon thing remind you of anything you might see when you go to the OB/GYN?

Now how on earth am I going to ever look at that adjustable measuring spoon and not having that thought??? lol

Tracie

speedychef said:
I'm going to use the mix-n-chop for tacos tonight, but I have a question...call me dirty, but does that adjustable measuring spoon thing remind you of anything you might see when you go to the OB/GYN?

You just made me laugh out loud - you are tooooo funny.

It's called a speculum.

I know what it's called, it just grosses me out! I feel like it's a dirty word! I giggle/cringe every time I look at it!

speedychef said:
...call me dirty, but does that adjustable measuring spoon thing remind you of anything you might see when you go to the OB/GYN?

Ewwwwww! (Giggle, giggle :p ) Nope. At least, not as much as the Serving Tongs.

What I love: New TTA, Salad Chopper, Round SA Bowl, Trifle Bowl, Large Round SA Platter, Strainer, Mix-N-Chopper :D

What I don't like:

Scissors--they don't cut plastic bags :mad: . This is what we use ours for a lot, to open cereal bags, frozen fruit bags, etc.

Oven mit--what kind of long-fingered alien was this designed for :eek: ? My DH even asked who was in charge of designing that.

I'm reserving judgment on the Adjustable Scoop, Adjustable Spoon, and the coated knives. I need to work with them a bit before I decide whether they meet my standards :p or not.

I put the oven mitt on and the long fingers didn't bother me too much. But I had on long sleeves and the mitt itself was so long that it started pushing up my sleeve. It'll be nice in the summer when I've got on a tshirt, but my blazer got in the way.

raebates said:
Oven mit--what kind of long-fingered alien was this designed for :eek: ? My DH even asked who was in charge of designing that.

I'm sure it will fit better once it's washed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennLizFran
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • kdangel518
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jen1409
  • KellyTheChef