• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's Your Go-To Trifle Recipe for March?

I'm going to look for it right now...thanks for the tip!This is the recipe I took to a show 05/07/2010. I made the same recipe and just added an extra 7oz. of Cool Whip. The result was great!!! I was told that this would be a good dessert for an upcoming cookout. I will take a picture and post it in my blog.Thanks Kristine - I'll check there first, but I am not seeing either
kcjodih
Gold Member
has or is everyone making for March to show off the new bowl? Just the Lime/Berry one or a different one? I have to call my first March show tomorrow night and give her some choices and I'm soooo undecided. I'm also concerned - will they all fit perfectly or will the recipe be too much or not enough to fill the bowl all purty? :eek:

So which trifle are YOU making?

I haven't tried one at all yet..I am soo wondering what to do.

I've been doing the trifle recipe that comes with the bowl...I think it's called Cappucinno Mousse Trifel. It's EASY and absolutely delicious; a food-gasm!

I started bringing this to shows as soon as I got my trifle bowl. Usually people who book don't want me to make the exact same thing at their shows...but in this case, they're asking specifically that I make this again.

(Just make sure your host likes the flavor of coffee.)

Kris

I did a strawberry shortcake trifle that I posted on another thread...

Jilleysue said:
I haven't tried one at all yet..I am soo wondering what to do.

I just got those containers of already cut up melons in the produce dept at Publix...I got a container of honeydew, one of cantelope, one of watermelon, one thing of blueberries nad one of strawberries...and just layered them - SO easy adn really pretty!@

I am making my easy chocolatey one...with the layered brownies, pudding and heath bar pieces!!I did make a fruit one that ended up costing quite a bit of money, I won't be doing that one quite yet - maybe in a few months when the prices go down a bit.I would love to hear a good trifle that would go well at a brunch show...I am thinking along the lines of a coffee cake or something...not sure though.

jenniferknapp said:
I am making my easy chocolatey one...with the layered brownies, pudding and heath bar pieces!!

I did make a fruit one that ended up costing quite a bit of money, I won't be doing that one quite yet - maybe in a few months when the prices go down a bit.

I would love to hear a good trifle that would go well at a brunch show...I am thinking along the lines of a coffee cake or something...not sure though.

For my brunch show last Saturday - I did a Fruit and Yogurt parfait...(Think McD's) Layering Granola, Vanilla Yogurt, and Mixed Berries....9 in attendance, and they licked the bowl clean!

ChefBeckyD said:
For my brunch show last Saturday - I did a Fruit and Yogurt parfait...(Think McD's) Layering Granola, Vanilla Yogurt, and Mixed Berries....9 in attendance, and they licked the bowl clean!

That is exactly what I did at my last show, and it ended up costing quite a bit, and they didn't TOUCH it!!! So, I was thinking that maybe the yogurt threw them off??:confused:

As a second recipe tomorrow night I'm doing a banana cream one...yellow cake, banana cream pudding, fresh bananas, cool whip and strawberries cut in my egg slicer to put on the sides and top for color. You can also drizzle chocolate syrup on top for decoration or choc chips in the grater...

FOOD-GASM! hahahahaha That's too funny.

I've done the same one as Jennifer (The Double Chocolate Mocha Trifle), but have re-vamped it to fill the bowl better. One of my team members suggested making the brownies with the mini muffin pan and then we also decided to pipe in layers of plain cool whip with the Easy Accent Decorator. Here's a picture of the finished product:

Double Chocolate Mocha Trifle.jpg

Another tip I just recently heard was to use your Tool Turn About Tote to transport the Trifle Bowl to shows!

chefmary said:
I've done the same one as Jennifer (The Double Chocolate Mocha Trifle), but have re-vamped it to fill the bowl better. One of my team members suggested making the brownies with the mini muffin pan and then we also decided to pipe in layers of plain cool whip with the Easy Accent Decorator. Here's a picture of the finished product:

View attachment 5894

Another tip I just recently heard was to use your Tool Turn About Tote to transport the Trifle Bowl to shows!

I love the picture

Where is the recipe (just to lazy to take the time to look in all the cookbooks today)

I took the Black Forest Trifle in the TTA bag at our cluster meeting Feb 3 and they just thought that was a great idea.

~

whiteyteresa said:
I love the picture

Where is the recipe (just to lazy to take the time to look in all the cookbooks today)

I took the Black Forest Trifle in the TTA bag at our cluster meeting Feb 3 and they just thought that was a great idea.

~

That recipe should be in the booklet I uploaded here a week or two ago.

chefmary said:
I think that it was my idea if it was from here!!!:D ....By the way, my tote came in yesterday....can't wait to use it for my finished trifles!

I was wondering JK if you ever got your tta bag and now I know!

How strong is the coffee flavor in those recipes? I don't drink coffee, but I like coffee ice creams and milks and things of that sort, and I'm not sure if the coffee flavor would be too strong for me or not.

I am a coffee drinker, so I might not be the best judge. However, my husband on the other hand HATES coffee or anything coffee flavored. That said, the leftovers that I brought home from my Junior Women's Civic Club meeting were devoured (and not be me :D)!!! Apparently the coffee flavor was not strong enough to bother him!!!

You could probably cut down on the coffee granules, or cut it by mixing in some whipped cream if it is too strong for you.

I've been using the Black Forest Trifle from the Delightful Desserts cookbook. Big hit!!!

chefmary said:

View attachment 5894

Awesome picture Mary! Thanks so much! One question, was the picture with brownies made in stoneware or the mini muffin pan? Would it really matter? Does anyone know?

raebates said:
I've been using the Black Forest Trifle from the Delightful Desserts cookbook. Big hit!!!

Did this have to be adjusted (cool whip added etc) or did it fit perfectly (not too big that you couldn't use the lid, not too small that it looked silly)?

kcjodih said:
Awesome picture Mary! Thanks so much! One question, was the picture with brownies made in stoneware or the mini muffin pan? Would it really matter? Does anyone know?

I made 2 boxes of brownies (so that I would have enough) in the large bar pan, and then cut them in to bite sized pieces for my trifle. I did have about 1/4 of the sheet leftover (due to room)

raebates said:

Did this have to be adjusted (cool whip added etc) or did it fit perfectly (not too big that you couldn't use the lid, not too small that it looked silly)?

Trifle Bowl - Pink RecipeI am doing a pink fundraising show for breast cancer and wanted to bring a show stopper!!

I like the idea of the Lime/Berry Mousse but was thinking if there was a way I could revamp the recipe to eliminate the lime and make it "pink" with strawberry or rasperry mousse.

Anybody know of any good recipes that would definitely look pink. Not just strawberrys and whipped cream. To me that is red.

THANKS!!!

Let's see... I think that there are pink (strawberry or raspberry) cake mixes...so that could be your base. Then you can do a raspberry or strawberry mousse...and add some berries throughout?

My show Friday we're making the Strawberry Cheesecake trifle from Harriet's book:) Sunday's show we're making the Death by Chocolate trifle also from the same book! I'm planning on doing trifles at all my shows this month.

lacychef said:
My show Friday we're making the Strawberry Cheesecake trifle from Harriet's book:) Sunday's show we're making the Death by Chocolate trifle also from the same book! I'm planning on doing trifles at all my shows this month.

Me too, I just LOVE them... People loved the April special...hopefully it will help with bookings (I am trying to book before April 20 so that I can earn those mid-season products!!)

kcjodih said:

Thanks for the kind words, Jodi! I made this with the mini muffin pan brownies, but next time I would cut them in half so that they soak up some of the trifle mixture (double yum!).

Jennifer...I received the tip from a director in my cluster, but I'd be willing to bet it was your idea originally! I always am happy to find out the source!

Mary

kcjodih said:

It was like Baby Bear's stuff--just right. :)

I made the Cappuccino Mousse Trifle last night for a show and it was VERY tasty! I loved it!

pczd said:
I am doing a pink fundraising show for breast cancer and wanted to bring a show stopper!!

I like the idea of the Lime/Berry Mousse but was thinking if there was a way I could revamp the recipe to eliminate the lime and make it "pink" with strawberry or rasperry mousse.

Anybody know of any good recipes that would definitely look pink. Not just strawberrys and whipped cream. To me that is red.

THANKS!!!

I just made the Lime Berry Mousse Trifle using Strawberry Sorbet instead of lime sherbert. It made a big difference and added quite a bit of pink/red to the sponge cake. You could also put some food coloring in the cool whip/cream cheese mixture.

I was thinking the same thing, add food coloring to the cool whip, or buy the strawberry flavored cool whip, which is pink. Look for pink sprinkles, pink M&M's, or any other pink candies or garnishes you can use on top. Also, like Jennifer said, they have strawberry cake mixes you can buy most places.

pczd said:
I am doing a pink fundraising show for breast cancer and wanted to bring a show stopper!!

THANKS!!!

This idea should be put under the HWC forum

This would help a lot of people

~

I have a TTA tote that I've never used. I won it at a cluster meeting and now I will use it for the trifle. That's a great idea Jennifer! Thanks!

Turtle trifle

8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened (you can substitute an 8 ounce package of cream cheese here if you want)
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 lbs frozen pecan pie, thawed and cut into 1-inch cubes
1/3 cup chocolate fudge topping
1/3 cup caramel topping
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)

Beat mascarpone cheese, whipping cream, and vanilla extract in a large bowl at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer, using the whisk attachment, 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth and firm.
Place half of pie cubes in bottom of a 4-quart trifle dish or tall, clear 4-quart glass bowl.
Spread half of whipped cream mixture over pie cubes.
Drizzle with half each of chocolate fudge topping and caramel topping.
Sprinkle with half of chopped pecans.
Repeat layers.
Cover and chill at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
**Cook time does not include toasting the pecans, defrosting the pie, or refrigeration time.

Question....can you actually BUY frozen pecan pie? And 2 lb? What on earth? How many would that be and how expensive?

I finally got ahold of my first host for March and now I'm thinking she's EXTREMELY high maintenance! (She's a past consultant also who quit within the last 6 months) Anyway, I called saying I was doing trifles for March and said I'd like to make either the Mocha Trifle of the Black forest trifle and she doesn't like coffee or cherries. Then I suggest leaving out the coffee and she said then it would just be pudding, brownies and whipped cream - I already make a dessert like that. So I open Harriet's document and start reading them off and she doesn't like toffee, raisins, cherries, coffee, or marshmallows. And the fruit ones are too expensive this time of year. So I say how about we just do a dip or ring and skip the trifle? Nope, she likes the sound of the turtle one but what on earth is the pie thing? She's NOT buying 2 lbs of pie!

So anyone have a turtle trifle recipe? I have to call her tomorrow during the day....and already soooo want to be done with her! :mad:

how about a more healthy alternative?....i have plans to make a seven layer salad in mine for some upcoming shows.....if anyone is interested in the recipe, drop me an email ([email protected])

this is a trifle that my mom has made since i was really little.It is very colorful and oh soooo good
cool whip
angel food cake
strawberries
blueberries
pineapple, etc.

take angel food cake, chop into very small pieces, and make a bottom layer. then add layer of fruit, another layer of cake, whip cream, layer of fruit, layer of cake and so on. You can do whatever types of fruit that you like. My mother usually buys the pie fillings except for strawberry in which she always uses fresh ones.

This recipe is a real eye catcher and could easily be done for $6-$9 depending on what namebrands you use. HTH

kcjodih said:
Turtle trifle

8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened (you can substitute an 8 ounce package of cream cheese here if you want)
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 lbs frozen pecan pie, thawed and cut into 1-inch cubes
1/3 cup chocolate fudge topping
1/3 cup caramel topping
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)

Beat mascarpone cheese, whipping cream, and vanilla extract in a large bowl at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer, using the whisk attachment, 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth and firm.
Place half of pie cubes in bottom of a 4-quart trifle dish or tall, clear 4-quart glass bowl.
Spread half of whipped cream mixture over pie cubes.
Drizzle with half each of chocolate fudge topping and caramel topping.
Sprinkle with half of chopped pecans.
Repeat layers.
Cover and chill at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
**Cook time does not include toasting the pecans, defrosting the pie, or refrigeration time.

Question....can you actually BUY frozen pecan pie? And 2 lb? What on earth? How many would that be and how expensive?

I finally got ahold of my first host for March and now I'm thinking she's EXTREMELY high maintenance! (She's a past consultant also who quit within the last 6 months) Anyway, I called saying I was doing trifles for March and said I'd like to make either the Mocha Trifle of the Black forest trifle and she doesn't like coffee or cherries. Then I suggest leaving out the coffee and she said then it would just be pudding, brownies and whipped cream - I already make a dessert like that. So I open Harriet's document and start reading them off and she doesn't like toffee, raisins, cherries, coffee, or marshmallows. And the fruit ones are too expensive this time of year. So I say how about we just do a dip or ring and skip the trifle? Nope, she likes the sound of the turtle one but what on earth is the pie thing? She's NOT buying 2 lbs of pie!

So anyone have a turtle trifle recipe? I have to call her tomorrow during the day....and already soooo want to be done with her! :mad:

Not sure on buying 2 #'s worth of pecan pie- that would be costly. But just looking over the recipe is making my mouth water! Just this past year I learned how to make my own homemade Tiramisu using Mascarpone cheese and it is wonderful! I am trying to brainstorm how to change my recipe into a trifle Tiramisu!

Good luck with your pain in the rear host!

BTW, I second the 7 layer salad! (That is, if she likes veggies! LOL)
I made one as soon as I got my trifle bowl and it went over very well!

Oops, now that I re-read your post she WANTS a turtle trifle...
What about making the sweetend mascarpone cheese mixture and layering it with brownies or devils food cake....caramel topping....chopped pecans...and Cool Whip? Sounds like a winner to me!

Here is a healtier trifle that I just made tonight and was VERY good. I'm not sure how it would work at a show.2 boxs fat free/ sugar free Jello cheesecake pudding mix
3 cups milk
1 oz package low fat cream cheese
1/2 tub free coolwhip
2 bags frozen mixed berries (thawed) ~ one kept whole, one for compote
2tbsp lemon juice
water
3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp splenda
1 reduced fat grahm cracker crust crumbledTo make berry compote pour about 1/2 cup water in 8" skillet add honey and simmer for about 10 minutes to make a syrup. Add in lemon juice and berries. Simmer untill berries bust and it thickens. Add splenda. Pour into small stainless bowl in ice bath to cool quicklyPour cold milk in stainless bowl. Add pudding mixs. Whisk for a few minutes untill well blended. Ad softened cream cheese and beat till smooth. Fold in coolwhip.Layer pudding mix, grahm cracker crust crumbles, fresh berries and the compote

mom2leelee said:
Here is a healtier trifle that I just made tonight and was VERY good. I'm not sure how it would work at a show.

2 boxs fat free/ sugar free Jello cheesecake pudding mix
3 cups milk
1 oz package low fat cream cheese
1/2 tub free coolwhip
2 bags frozen mixed berries (thawed) ~ one kept whole, one for compote
2tbsp lemon juice
water
3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp splenda
1 reduced fat grahm cracker crust crumbled

To make berry compote pour about 1/2 cup water in 8" skillet add honey and simmer for about 10 minutes to make a syrup. Add in lemon juice and berries. Simmer untill berries bust and it thickens. Add splenda. Pour into small stainless bowl in ice bath to cool quickly

Pour cold milk in stainless bowl. Add pudding mixs. Whisk for a few minutes untill well blended. Ad softened cream cheese and beat till smooth. Fold in coolwhip.

Layer pudding mix, grahm cracker crust crumbles, fresh berries and the compote

That sounds good!!

This 7-layer salad you all are referring to...is is the 7 layer Southwestern Salad? If not, could you please post the recipe. TIA

spoiledchef said:
This 7-layer salad you all are referring to...is is the 7 layer Southwestern Salad? If not, could you please post the recipe. TIA
No, I made my own-
Including the dressing, it is 7 layers. I had a recipe, but not all of the ingredients, so I just substituted what I had/liked.

1. layer of iceburg thinly chopped (or buy the shredded iceburg in the bag)
2. about 1/2 large red pepper chopped
3. about 1/2 bag of frozen peas, thawed in the frig
4. about 1/2 c. chopped red onion
5. 1/2 pound bacon cooked, cooled and crumbled
6. 4 hard boiled eggs sliced or quartered
7. Then, make up the dressing- pour over salad once ready to serve. Dressing: 1 1/4 c. miricle whip salad dressing
2 T. white vinegar
2 T. sugar

It looks nice- I have made this about 4 x's now, every time it gets rave reviews!

Thanks for the recipe! I may have to try it! The 7-layer SW salad is yummy, too!

Here is my Strawberry Delight Triffle. I used "strawberry jello cake" layered with a pudding/coolwhip mixture and fresh strawberries.

Attachments

• strawberry triffle.jpg
    strawberry triffle.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 540
Looks great and yummy Ember! Can you send some to Chef Success?

I made for my show the other night an easy raspberry trifle (forgot to take a picture). It had angel food cake, sugar free raspberry jello, 2 bags of frozen raspberries thawed, and 3 6oz containers of raspberry yogurt. It was light and refreshing and went fast!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lisacb77
  • Morvin
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB