• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Follow-Up Call Tips: How to Engage with Recruit Leads from Trade Shows

In summary, the conversation revolves around the best approach to follow up with recruit leads who have taken a "Come Join Us" booklet home from a show. The suggested approach is to avoid asking if they have read the booklet and instead ask about their interest in the business and what they find interesting about it. The speaker also emphasizes the importance of not being pushy and understanding that the business opportunity is not for everyone. They stress the importance of having a genuine interest in the business and being willing to coach and answer questions for potential recruits. The "stick of gum" theory is mentioned as a guide for recruiting and the speaker acknowledges that not every person they encounter will be interested in joining the business.
NooraK
Gold Member
...when I call to follow up with the recruit lead who took a "Come Join Us" booklet home from a show?

I find that if I tell them I'm calling to follow up as I promised I would, and ask them if they had any questions, when they either say "I didn't have a chance to look at it," or "No, I don't have any questions," I'm at a loss for words.

Have you done the online training? That has some good wording.

Basically, if they say they haven't read it I make an appointment to call back. If they say they have no questions I ask where they are in their decision-making. Is it not for them? Are they ready to sign up? Do they need more information?

Instead of asking them if they have read it or not, ask them what did they find interesting about the business? What did they find interesting, or what about the business could they see themselves doing? Have they ever thought about doing something like Pampered Chef? Do they like to cook? Even if they did read it, you're the person who sells them the business opportunity, not the book. Good luck!

If they tell me they haven't read it yet I try to set up an in-person interview. That way we can go over the booklet together. I find that trying to call back just lends the same results as the last time. Or sometimes I ask "the questions" on the phone to get an idea of their hottness. Why do you think PC would be a good fit for you? Have you done other DS businesses in the past? What are you looking for from PC? Even though they may not have read the pamphlet I can still get a read on them about their interest.

I actually go over the booklet very quickly in person at the show (booth, etc.) and answer any questions that they might have right then. If they are interested enough to take the info home, I inform them that I am NOT pushy with the business opportunity! If they decide that it's right for them, I'll be more than happy to help them get started, but if they decide that it's not right for them (now or ever) that it's OKAY!!!" Said with a smile & sincerely, of course! When I follow up, I usually say something along the lines of "Did you have more time to think about it, and if so ... what do you think?" Then I shut up & let them go. If they tell me it's just not right for them, I do NOT get mad, upset or hold it against them. I'm very happy to have them as a customer too! If they have more questions, I answer them. If they are ready to sign, we start talking about how to start off with the best start possible to earn the most PC Dollars in their first 30/90 days. I have zero desire to push someone into signing. I want recruits who truly have an interest and a desire to work the business and achieve the goals that they have set for themselves. Because I believe in what I say, it seems to come very naturally to me. I didn't have any recruits for the first 17 months. In Aug, I had one drop in my lap unexpectedly. In 8 months, I went from 1 person in my downline to 12 in my downline. 10 of whom I coached & answered questions prior to them signing. #11 was recruited 100% by her recruiter (who I did coach on the side - I just didn't talk to the recruit) and #12 I helped a little, but not a whole lot.I like the "stick of gum" theory and use it as my guide. If I offer a stick of gum (the business opportunity) to them & they take it, great! If they think about it & say no or just flat out say no when I offer, it doesn't offend me in the least! (And it shouldn't!!!) Being a consultant is definitely not for everyone! Heck, if I recruited every single host & guest I came in contact with, I'd have no business! Literally!!! I still need happy hosts & customers too. I don't expect to recruit 100% of the people I mention the business opportunity to, nor would I want to! ;)My advice would be to just think of it like teaching them about what you love. If they end up signing, great. If not, don't let it be a personal thing or hurt your feelings. As long as you are laid back & relaxed ... having a conversation ... they will be too. If you make it a sales pitch, you are likely to scare them away unintentionally. ;)

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I have taken the online course, but it's been a while, so I will find some time to go over it again.

1. What is the best way to follow up with recruit leads from trade shows?

The best way to follow up with recruit leads from trade shows is to do so in a timely manner. It's important to reach out within a week or two after the trade show to keep your brand fresh in their minds. Additionally, make sure to personalize your follow-up and mention something specific from your conversation at the trade show.

2. How can I engage with recruit leads during a follow-up call?

To engage with recruit leads during a follow-up call, ask open-ended questions to encourage conversation and listen attentively to their responses. Show genuine interest in their needs and goals and be prepared to provide information or resources that can help them. Additionally, be sure to share your own personal story and why you are passionate about working with Pampered Chef.

3. Is it better to follow up with recruit leads via email or phone call?

It's always best to follow up with recruit leads via phone call rather than email. This allows for a more personal and direct conversation, which can help build a stronger connection and increase the chances of a successful recruitment. However, if the lead has specifically requested to be contacted via email, then it's important to respect their preference.

4. What should I include in my follow-up call with recruit leads?

When following up with recruit leads, be sure to include a brief reminder of who you are and where you met, as well as a personalized message highlighting something you discussed during the trade show. You should also share more details about the Pampered Chef opportunity and how it can benefit the recruit. Lastly, make sure to set up a specific date and time for a follow-up call or meeting.

5. How many times should I follow up with recruit leads before moving on?

It's important to follow up with recruit leads more than once, as it can take multiple touchpoints to convert a lead into a recruit. However, it's also important to respect the lead's wishes and not be too persistent. A good rule of thumb is to follow up three times within a reasonable timeframe, and if there is no response, move on to other leads.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • kaceyleigh2
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefrebecca
  • Kathytnt