• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

So, what do I say...

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
...when I call to follow up with the recruit lead who took a "Come Join Us" booklet home from a show?

I find that if I tell them I'm calling to follow up as I promised I would, and ask them if they had any questions, when they either say "I didn't have a chance to look at it," or "No, I don't have any questions," I'm at a loss for words.

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
Have you done the online training? That has some good wording.

Basically, if they say they haven't read it I make an appointment to call back. If they say they have no questions I ask where they are in their decision-making. Is it not for them? Are they ready to sign up? Do they need more information?

Jinkies

Oct 7, 2008
Instead of asking them if they have read it or not, ask them what did they find interesting about the business? What did they find interesting, or what about the business could they see themselves doing? Have they ever thought about doing something like Pampered Chef? Do they like to cook? Even if they did read it, you're the person who sells them the business opportunity, not the book. Good luck!

Chef Kearns

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2005
If they tell me they haven't read it yet I try to set up an in-person interview. That way we can go over the booklet together. I find that trying to call back just lends the same results as the last time. Or sometimes I ask "the questions" on the phone to get an idea of their hottness. Why do you think PC would be a good fit for you? Have you done other DS businesses in the past? What are you looking for from PC? Even though they may not have read the pamphlet I can still get a read on them about their interest.

Sheila

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008
I actually go over the booklet very quickly in person at the show (booth, etc.) and answer any questions that they might have right then. If they are interested enough to take the info home, I inform them that I am NOT pushy with the business opportunity! If they decide that it's right for them, I'll be more than happy to help them get started, but if they decide that it's not right for them (now or ever) that it's OKAY!!!" Said with a smile & sincerely, of course! When I follow up, I usually say something along the lines of "Did you have more time to think about it, and if so ... what do you think?" Then I shut up & let them go. If they tell me it's just not right for them, I do NOT get mad, upset or hold it against them. I'm very happy to have them as a customer too! If they have more questions, I answer them. If they are ready to sign, we start talking about how to start off with the best start possible to earn the most PC Dollars in their first 30/90 days. I have zero desire to push someone into signing. I want recruits who truly have an interest and a desire to work the business and achieve the goals that they have set for themselves. Because I believe in what I say, it seems to come very naturally to me. I didn't have any recruits for the first 17 months. In Aug, I had one drop in my lap unexpectedly. In 8 months, I went from 1 person in my downline to 12 in my downline. 10 of whom I coached & answered questions prior to them signing. #11 was recruited 100% by her recruiter (who I did coach on the side - I just didn't talk to the recruit) and #12 I helped a little, but not a whole lot.

I like the "stick of gum" theory and use it as my guide. If I offer a stick of gum (the business opportunity) to them & they take it, great! If they think about it & say no or just flat out say no when I offer, it doesn't offend me in the least! (And it shouldn't!!!) Being a consultant is definitely not for everyone! Heck, if I recruited every single host & guest I came in contact with, I'd have no business! Literally!!! I still need happy hosts & customers too. I don't expect to recruit 100% of the people I mention the business opportunity to, nor would I want to! ;)

My advice would be to just think of it like teaching them about what you love. If they end up signing, great. If not, don't let it be a personal thing or hurt your feelings. As long as you are laid back & relaxed ... having a conversation ... they will be too. If you make it a sales pitch, you are likely to scare them away unintentionally. ;)

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
Thank you all for your suggestions.

I have taken the online course, but it's been a while, so I will find some time to go over it again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
s.cape
Replies
Views