• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Overcoming Bounced Checks and Finding Joy in Hard Times

In summary, the speaker has had very few bounced checks in the past seven years, but recently had two checks from two shows bounce, causing financial stress. They are considering reaching out to HO to request a consultant credit card or the ability to use personal cards for payment. They also mention a previous incident where they had to hold a show for over a week due to a missing stamp on a check. The speaker also suggests intercepting the delivery of the products until payment is received. Ultimately, the issue was resolved after five days.
In 7 years I have had 2 maybe 3 bounced checks and always recovered my full amount plus fees. I just had 2 checks from 2 shows bounce!!:yuck::bugeye:
Which also bounced my account. To give the lady with the much smaller check credit she called me yesterday and left a message that there was going to be a problem, but the other check was $175 that covered a whole catalog show! and the show shipped yesterday.

To add to it Wednesday was my son's bday and Thurs was my other sons bday and I have literally been counting my account down to pennies trying to give them some kind of birthday. My PC income is still our only solid income and for their birthdays to hit right before payday puts me in a even tighter spot than we are usually in :(
Not wanting to complain just wanted to get this of my chest to a PC'er instead of to someone else:bawl:

I don't normally e-mail HO about policies, but I am going to ask them to bring back a consultant credit card or allow us to use our personal cards to cover cash and checks. I held a show for over a week waiting for an outside order check to arrive. The host had not put a stamp on the envelope. I did not wait for the check to clear but I at least wanted to have it in hand before submitting the show. I have been checking my end of month submissions to make sure those checks cleared before the debit was pulled. I am no longer keeping a float in my PC checking account to cover checks, ie. leaving my commission in there and submitting shows before getting the final checks from the host. I need to use that money. I like to submit shows quickly but this consultant debit card situation has slowed down my submissions. If they want us to avoid the end of month slam, a credit card option would help me and hopefully others. I was using a personal card to cover orders until I heard more than once of people getting audited and in trouble for this practice.

BIG (((hugs))) Chentelle! I think I'd be tempted to watch for the delivery date & intercept the boxes at her house until payment is made! LOL Is it theft if you've technically paid for it? ;)Oh, wait! Can't you have HO call Fedex & change the destination of the boxes?

Sheila said:
BIG (((hugs))) Oh, wait! Can't you have HO call Fedex & change the destination of the boxes?

Yes, i've had home office change the delivery address to MY HOUSE until I received the funds for the show.... i might be too late on this post, but i know you can do this.

It did get all taken care of today ( it took 5 days) I don't think I could have had HO change the shipping on this one, because it had already shipped. Luckily they were both very upset that it happened, I don't think it was intentional with either of them. Still to have 2 happen on the same day after so few in the last 7 years! Hope this means I am good for awhile :)

Glad you got the bad checks resolved! :D

Sorry you had the trouble cincychef. Happy to hear all is ok now :)

1. How can I stop my checks from bouncing?

One way to prevent bounced checks is to keep track of your bank account balance and make sure you have enough funds before writing a check. You can also set up overdraft protection or link your checking account to a savings account to cover any overdrafts. Another option is to use online banking or mobile apps to monitor your account in real-time.

2. What should I do if my check bounces?

If your check bounces, contact the person or business you wrote the check to and apologize for the inconvenience. Offer to cover any fees they may have incurred. Then, immediately deposit enough funds into your account to cover the bounced check. You may also want to consider setting up a payment plan with your bank to pay off any overdraft fees.

3. How can I find joy during difficult financial times?

Finding joy in hard times can be challenging, but it is possible. One way is to focus on the present and find things to be grateful for, such as your health, loved ones, or a sunny day. You can also practice self-care and engage in activities that bring you joy, whether it's reading, listening to music, or spending time outdoors.

4. What steps can I take to improve my financial situation?

To improve your financial situation, start by creating a budget and sticking to it. Look for ways to reduce your expenses, such as cutting back on unnecessary purchases or finding ways to save on bills. You can also consider finding ways to increase your income, whether it's through a side hustle or asking for a raise at your job. Additionally, seek out financial advice or resources to help you manage your money better.

5. How can I stay positive when facing financial struggles?

Staying positive during financial struggles can be difficult, but it's important to remember that your current situation is temporary. Remind yourself of your past successes and focus on the steps you are taking to improve your situation. Surround yourself with positive and supportive people, and don't be afraid to ask for help or seek out resources. Remember that you are capable of overcoming these challenges and finding joy even in difficult times.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jimgass
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cmcchef
  • adauw
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pamperedmom71
Replies