• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making a Difficult Decision: Re-Signing with Pampered Chef

In summary, Reactiving is a difficult decision but it is looking like I'll be re-signing this month. I have loyalty to both my old director and my new friend, but I don't want to disappoint either one. Which one should I sign up with?
leftymac
So, I've been completely inactive since September. Yet, I still read and post to this site regularly, and still talk to all my PC friends about upcoming specials, incentives, new products, etc. It's no wonder that I knew I'd be re-signing one day. Combine that with needing additional income, and it's a no-brainer.

I'll be doing that this month, but I told myself I would make some changes upon doing this the second time around. When I signed the first time, I signed up because I was excited and then raced around to get shows within my first 30 days. I did well, but then business fizzled out.

This time around, I refused to sign up unless I had some shows booked in advance. And, I do. My partner's cousin is hosting one show for me on March 13, and possible ANOTHER on March 19 for her coworkers. I have a coworker who is going to host a show for me (I am confirming the date this weekend), and a friend from high school that is going to do a catalog show for me. Plus, I have other options at work and some other places for a catalog show of my own. I can't host a show at my place right now but that's another story. And, I have two friends with confirmed show dates in April, and another friend that is still considering it.

So, it's looking to be on the bright side, for sure. I'm excited about re-signing, because I'll take what I learned from the first time and make my business even better than before.

Now, I have a dilemma. I moved to NJ from VA, where I was active, and have still maintained good contact with my old director. She calls me regularly and we talk about PC and friend stuff in general. I had quite a large PC "family" in that cluster". So, I could sign up under her. Then, I have a close friend (she's on this board too and knows my dilemma) and she's working towards becoming a director. She and I have also talked about me re-signing and she's been a great help and a great friend also. So, I could sign up under her.

So, what's a boy to do? I have loyalty to both people, and both are aware of the situation. I don't want to disappoint anyone or make anyone upset (both have said they will not be upset), and it's a very hard decision. Both would provide great support in helping me reach my goals. Neither are local, and either way I'd need to get a hospitality director. My former director has already located someone for me to provide hospitality.

Help, advice, encouragement, congratulations, insight, etc are all welcomed. :)

Re: Reactiving
leftymac said:
So, I've been completely inactive since September. Yet, I still read and post to this site regularly, and still talk to all my PC friends about upcoming specials, incentives, new products, etc. It's no wonder that I knew I'd be re-signing one day. Combine that with needing additional income, and it's a no-brainer.

I'll be doing that this month, but I told myself I would make some changes upon doing this the second time around. When I signed the first time, I signed up because I was excited and then raced around to get shows within my first 30 days. I did well, but then business fizzled out.

This time around, I refused to sign up unless I had some shows booked in advance. And, I do. My partner's cousin is hosting one show for me on March 13, and possible ANOTHER on March 19 for her coworkers. I have a coworker who is going to host a show for me (I am confirming the date this weekend), and a friend from high school that is going to do a catalog show for me. Plus, I have other options at work and some other places for a catalog show of my own. I can't host a show at my place right now but that's another story. And, I have two friends with confirmed show dates in April, and another friend that is still considering it.

So, it's looking to be on the bright side, for sure. I'm excited about re-signing, because I'll take what I learned from the first time and make my business even better than before.

Now, I have a dilemma. I moved to NJ from VA, where I was active, and have still maintained good contact with my old director. She calls me regularly and we talk about PC and friend stuff in general. I had quite a large PC "family" in that cluster". So, I could sign up under her. Then, I have a close friend (she's on this board too and knows my dilemma) and she's working towards becoming a director. She and I have also talked about me re-signing and she's been a great help and a great friend also. So, I could sign up under her.

So, what's a boy to do? I have loyalty to both people, and both are aware of the situation. I don't want to disappoint anyone or make anyone upset (both have said they will not be upset), and it's a very hard decision. Both would provide great support in helping me reach my goals. Neither are local, and either way I'd need to get a hospitality director. My former director has already located someone for me to provide hospitality.

Help, advice, encouragement, congratulations, insight, etc are all welcomed. :)

That says alot to me.

Re: ReactivingI can provide the congratulations and encouragement. Woo hoo! Congratulations! It will be great to have you back on board. I know you'll do great! No advice or insight, though. Sounds like you'll be blessed either way you decide to go.

Re: ReactivingIf you want to be totally neutral to both of them, you can sign under me! lol :D

Good luck!

Re: ReactivingKeith, welcome back to the family!

Do you have to sign a new contract? I thought you had to be out for a whole year before you did.

A major factor I would consider is how long you'll be in your new location. If you are moving back to your old area, I'd sign under your previous director and get hospitality from the other nearby consultant. If you plan to stay there for a while, however, I'd go with the local consultant. I know I would change directors now if I could.

Di_Can_Cook said:
Keith, welcome back to the family!

Do you have to sign a new contract? I thought you had to be out for a whole year before you did.

A major factor I would consider is how long you'll be in your new location. If you are moving back to your old area, I'd sign under your previous director and get hospitality from the other nearby consultant. If you plan to stay there for a while, however, I'd go with the local consultant. I know I would change directors now if I could.

I do have to re-sign and purchase a new kit. I'm ok with that because of the 50% rebate. I plan to stay here for at least another year. My friend isn't local, however, so that doesn't factor into my decision. :)

Re: ReactivingI agree with Becky :) It says alot to me that your previous director has already arranged hospitality for you. However, if it's really going to bother you no matter which one you choose, why not choose someone local (interview/meet a few first) and then you're not having to choose.

Either way, congratulations and welcome back!! :D Not that I noticed you were gone in the first place ;)

Re: ReactivingGeez Keith what a dilemma! Glad to have you back though! I have to say this. Get it out of your mind. Maybe if you do not think on it too much, you will find the answer. Sorry I can not be of more help. I too am leaning toward the old director. It sounds as if she has invested in you as a friend as well as a consultant. She never stopped looking out for you. Just my opinion.

Re: ReactivingForget both of them and sign under me! If you had a great relationship with your old director i would probably sign under her. Or talk to her about it. Maybe she's fine with you signing to help out your other friend.

Re: ReactivingIt sounds like you have a great relationship with the old Director, so what you might want to do is talk to her! Tell her that you feel loyalty toward her, but you really want to help your friend promote! See what she says.

On another note, how well is the friend doing in her own business? Is she going to make a good Director? Is she going to keep moving forward so you don't feel pressured to submit to keep her Directorship, etc. Just some thoughts!

Ultimately, you have to do what is going to be best for you and only you can make that decision!

WELCOME BACK, BTW :)

Re: ReactivingI've talked to both about it. My former director would be sad that I wasn't back on her team, because everyone in the cluster always asks about me at their meetings (guess I was popular!) and she says it'd be weird knowing I wasn't under her. She did spend 4 months recruiting me the first time.My friend is doing well in her business and will make a great director, with or without me. I wouldn't make or break her team.

Re: ReactivingGo with your heart! If you were unhappy with your previous relationship, then it would be a much easier decision to go with someone new. In this case, you would be happy with either one, so I'd stick with the original one. She was the one who recruited you last time & is still showing an interest in having you on her team. If she had given up on you or been a horrible motivator then I could see you choosing someone new. ;)

Unless of course the other person is offering something that your old recruiter is not offering. I'm offering incentives to my recruits to stay active all year long, so if the 2nd person is offering something like this, then I can see your desire to move to a different person! ;)
Level 1 – If you are active 10 of the 12 months: You’ll earn a $100 Visa Gift Card from me.
Level 2 – If you are active 12 of the 12 months: You’ll earn a $125 Visa Gift Card(s) from me.
Level 3 – If you earn 15,000 points*: You’ll earn a $150 Visa Gift Card(s) from me.
Level 4 – If you earn 20,000 points*: You’ll earn a $200 Visa Gift Card(s) from me.
Level 5 – If you earn 30,000 points*: You’ll earn a $300 Visa Gift Card(s) from me.
Level 6 – If you earn 40,000 points*: You’ll earn a $400 Visa Gift Card(s) from me.
Level 7 – If you earn 50,000 points* or more, but didn’t qualify for a trip: You’ll earn a $500 Visa Gift Card(s) from me.
Bronze Level – If you earn 52,000 points with 4 recruits: In addition to the trip to Toronto offered by Pampered Chef, you’ll earn a $500 Visa Gift Card(s) from me.
Silver Level – If you earn 80,000 points with 6 recruits: In addition to the trip to Maui offered by Pampered Chef, you’ll earn a $750 Visa Gift Card(s) from me.
Gold Level – If you earn 110,000 points with 8 recruits –or– 120,000 points with 0 recruits: In addition to the trip to Maui offered by Pampered Chef, you’ll earn a $1,000 Visa Gift Card(s) from me.

Re: ReactivingI guess I should have said welcome back, too! But with the wonder of FB, I've been in touch with you, so although I knew you weren't doing alot w/ PC, I guess I didn't realize that you were ready to inactive!

Re: ReactivingHonestly, I'd sign w/ your old director since she's been there for you and you've maintained contact and she's helping you get back into it. I'm sure your friend will understand, esp if it won't make or break her as a leader!

Sheila said:
Go with your heart! If you were unhappy with your previous relationship, then it would be a much easier decision to go with someone new. In this case, you would be happy with either one, so I'd stick with the original one. She was the one who recruited you last time & is still showing an interest in having you on her team. If she had given up on you or been a horrible motivator then I could see you choosing someone new. ;)

Unless of course the other person is offering something that your old recruiter is not offering. I'm offering incentives to my recruits to stay active all year long, so if the 2nd person is offering something like this, then I can see your desire to move to a different person! ;)

Oh my gosh...no nothing is being offered like that. But dang, with an offer like that, I should just sign up under you! ;)

Re: ReactivingRock, paper, scissors? Just kidding... best of luck, I don't have any good advice. :)

Re: ReactivingThat is a tough one, Keith. Definitely go with your gut - good luck with your decision! I'm not sure what I would do if I were in your shoes, so I really don't have any advice to offer. Just want to welcome you back and wish you the best!!

Re: ReactivingI'd say whichever one would put you at NC with us, but we're all together this year :)

So yup, go with your gut. Or just go with Shiela.:D

Duplicate products are kinda nice sometimes ...kit rebate, and you get an extra bar pan, updated garlic press and new measuring spoons ... plus an extra knife and cutting board. The rest you can sell at fairs if you want.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I'd say whichever one would put you at NC with us, but we're all together this year :)

So yup, go with your gut. Or just go with Shiela.:D

Duplicate products are kinda nice sometimes ...kit rebate, and you get an extra bar pan, updated garlic press and new measuring spoons ... plus an extra knife and cutting board. The rest you can sell at fairs if you want.

Haha it'd be my 3rd bar pan, 3rd garlic press (2nd updated one), 3rd medium cutting board, and 2nd utility knife, and 2nd set of new measuring spoons. I bought a bunch of stuff at my very first show, and then my director/show consultant recruited me the first time, so I got the kit. I think I'll just leave all the kit stuff packed in the tote so I never have to worry about packing my kitchen, etc, when it's time for shows. I've never done any fairs at all.

leftymac said:
Oh my gosh...no nothing is being offered like that. But dang, with an offer like that, I should just sign up under you! ;)

I'd love to have you but I don't want to steal you out from under someone else either! ;)

Re: ReactivingI can see that this isn't an easy decision for you and it does have to be yours. My thought is that your former director helped you get into the business and has remained a friend. Since the other person isn't local to you new either I would lean toward the one you've worked with in the past.

Whatever you decide will work for you. Good luck! You can soar if you open your wings!

Re: ReactivingHow fun that you're going to reactivate!!! If it's not a deal maker or breaker for your friend, I would re-sign under your former director, especially since she's already found you a hospitality director.

Welcome back!

1. How do I decide if re-signing with Pampered Chef is the right choice for me?

Making a difficult decision can be tough, especially when it comes to your career. To help you decide if re-signing with Pampered Chef is the right choice for you, we recommend reflecting on your personal and professional goals, considering your current job satisfaction, and weighing the benefits and opportunities that come with staying with our company.

2. What are the benefits of re-signing with Pampered Chef?

Re-signing with Pampered Chef offers numerous benefits, including a supportive and inclusive work culture, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and the ability to make a positive impact on the lives of others through our high-quality kitchen products and community involvement. Additionally, our consultants have the potential to earn a competitive income and enjoy flexible work schedules.

3. Can I negotiate my contract when re-signing with Pampered Chef?

Yes, we are always open to discussing contract terms and negotiating with our consultants. We value our team members and want to ensure that everyone is satisfied with their contract and the opportunities it provides.

4. How does re-signing with Pampered Chef impact my current team and customers?

Re-signing with Pampered Chef does not have a direct impact on your current team or customers. However, we encourage open communication with your team and customers to ensure a smooth transition and maintain positive relationships.

5. What support is available for consultants who choose to re-sign with Pampered Chef?

We offer a variety of support for our consultants, including ongoing training and development opportunities, a supportive and collaborative team environment, and access to resources and tools to help you succeed in your business. Additionally, our leadership team is always available to offer guidance and support as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
Admin Greg