• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

So, It Wasn't Really My Fault... :)

In summary, the conversation revolved around the recent string of bad luck experienced by the speaker and the host at parties. The host had a history of unfortunate events, including going into labor at a party and recently her daughter falling ill on the night of her first show. Despite this, the show still went on and had a decent turnout with sales and bookings. The speaker joked about being the cause of the host's bad luck but wished her luck for the upcoming shows.
esavvymom
Staff member
Ok..so some of you remember that last month I went to the ER getting hurt on the UM.....well, the joke with the host was that it was HER bad luck, not mine. She had a party once before and the consultant was 8.5 months pregnant. She wasn't due for 3 weeks, but she went into labor AT THE SHOW! Then I cut myself and go to the ER.

Well, she actually became a consultant after her show (miracle!), and had her first show last night. It was for her own daughter. But her daughter was VERY sick. She's 24, but she actually was so sick she spent the night at her mom's on Tuesday, woke up at 2am with a 103 degree temp again...and the doc had told her if it happened to go to the ER. They did, only to wait for almost 5 hrs (what is UP with that in ER's? Is there a MINIMUM wait time we all don't know about???). They did a spinal tap and all sorts of tests...all negative so far. They didn't get home till 1pm (no sleep). They decided to continue with her show anyway! Tara (host) was sent to her room to bed, and my consultant did the show without her. There were 8 guests...about $200 sales and 3 bookings/ 1 recruit lead. Not bad!

But we joked that we think it's HER bad luck, and it wasn't mine! She has show #2 tonight with 20 guests expected. I'm hoping it turns out better, and that it just didn't mean her odds of injury someone have dramatically increased with that many potential guests. *lol*

I'm sorry to hear that both you and the host have had some bad luck at shows recently! It's definitely not fun to have to deal with injuries or illness during a party. But it sounds like you both have a great sense of humor about it and are making the best of the situation. And hey, at least you were able to make some sales and get some bookings out of it! Hopefully the host's daughter will start feeling better soon and the rest of her shows will go smoothly. Good luck!

Hi there! Wow, what a crazy chain of events for you and your host! It sounds like you both have had quite the adventure in your party experiences. I'm glad to hear that even with all the challenges, your host was still able to have a successful show and even gain a new consultant. That's amazing! I hope her daughter is feeling better and that her second show goes smoothly. It's always a good reminder to expect the unexpected in this business, but it sounds like you both handled everything with grace and humor. Keep up the great work and happy cooking!

1. What is "So, It Wasn't Really My Fault..." about?

"So, It Wasn't Really My Fault..." is a cookbook by Pampered Chef that features easy and delicious recipes for busy individuals. It also includes tips and tricks for meal planning and preparation.

2. Are the recipes in "So, It Wasn't Really My Fault..." difficult to make?

No, the recipes in "So, It Wasn't Really My Fault..." are designed to be simple and easy for anyone to make. They use common ingredients and have clear instructions, making them perfect for busy individuals.

3. Is "So, It Wasn't Really My Fault..." suitable for someone with dietary restrictions?

Yes, "So, It Wasn't Really My Fault..." includes a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, vegetarian, and dairy-free. Each recipe also includes nutritional information.

4. Can I use my Pampered Chef products to make the recipes in "So, It Wasn't Really My Fault..."?

Yes, many of the recipes in "So, It Wasn't Really My Fault..." were created specifically for Pampered Chef products. However, you can also use similar kitchen tools and appliances to make the recipes.

5. Is "So, It Wasn't Really My Fault..." only for experienced cooks?

No, "So, It Wasn't Really My Fault..." is suitable for cooks of all levels. The recipes are easy to follow and the book also includes helpful tips for beginners. It's a great resource for anyone looking to improve their cooking skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • thechefofnorthbend
  • General Chat
Replies