• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting Frustrations with Taste of Home Booth

In summary, the speaker is frustrated with the cost increase for the taste of home booth and the restrictions on putting items in the goody bag. They are also worried about the turnout and potential lack of leads. However, they plan to make the best of it and evaluate their results afterwards. Others have also expressed frustration with the event and its lack of value.
Jennie4PC
Sorry I just have to vent here. I am doing the taste of home booth again this yr and I am so frusterated with it. This is my 6th yr doing and and it seems a mess. First they wanted 500 for a booth which is 250 more then last yr. I told them I did it for 250 last yr so this yr I had to pay 350 and I get the booth/ an ad in the newspaper. The last 5 yrs they have asked for something to go in the goodie bag for advertising and this yr I was told that I cant put anything in the bag becuase I have the cheaper booth but if I get it to the lady I am working with she will put the goodie bag item (if I do it) in the room the day they are filling the bags. I have never really recieved business from those bags but I am frusterated. Here I am paying for a booth and I dont get to officially put anything in the goodie bag. If I had someone else to do this with me I would probably consider paying the 500, but I am doing it myself (no downline) whole different story.
I am also worried that I wont get many leads from this since last yr a lot of people left dissapointed. A different person took over TOH last yr and in the past they always had the asinos come in and bring food. Well last yr they had food for like the first 50 people, so I am aslo worried about the turn out. I need this to be good and I will call all the leads I get, but I need a good summer to help out with the finaces.

Focus on what you can control. The rest you can do nothing about. Have a great booth display, something of value to the guests, and a positive attitude and do the best you can.Consider it a learning experience for NEXT year- if you decide to do it next year. And if you DON'T do it, be sure to let them know why. Others may be frustrated as you are with the cost increases, probably as a result of the "changing of the guard" as far as who is in charge.I think it ironic and surprising that they don't have food samples of some sorts, and maybe why so many people were disappointed in the past. If I was going to a Taste of Home event (probably charges admission, yes?), I would DARN sure expect some food to taste! ;)But do what you can. I know it helps to rant, even though you know you can't do anything else....so rant away. :)

Thanks Bobbi, I do feel better after the rant and I will do my booth and definitly be happy about it. And yes the admission charge is $10.

Venting is part of what we're here for. Enjoy this year. After it's over evaluate your results. What were your sales? Recruit leads? How many shows did you schedule. What were the bookings and commissionable sales from those? What were the commissionable sales from the bookings?

Thats what me and my DH were talking about doing. I am going to see how much I make from leads from TOH and then we will decide what will happen next yr.

I do my fair share of venting! LOL I don't think I would be very happy with that event, myself. I think you have a good game plan for this year

I've been to a Taste of Home event and was definitely not impressed by any of it. I was just a paying customer and was glad that at least I got a goody bag with a couple Taste of Home mags, but I was really put off by the fact that I basically I paid for a commercial for Taste of home. No food, no good cooking tips, no real inspiration at all. I can't imagine why anyone would want to be a vendor if they can't get anything in the goody bag. The place was packed full of people and most people couldn't or didn't visit the vendors. It was pretty much a confusing mess.

Jennie4PC said:
Sorry I just have to vent here. I am doing the taste of home booth again this yr and I am so frusterated with it. This is my 6th yr doing and and it seems a mess. First they wanted 500 for a booth which is 250 more then last yr. I told them I did it for 250 last yr so this yr I had to pay 350 and I get the booth/ an ad in the newspaper. The last 5 yrs they have asked for something to go in the goodie bag for advertising and this yr I was told that I cant put anything in the bag becuase I have the cheaper booth but if I get it to the lady I am working with she will put the goodie bag item (if I do it) in the room the day they are filling the bags. I have never really recieved business from those bags but I am frusterated. Here I am paying for a booth and I dont get to officially put anything in the goodie bag. If I had someone else to do this with me I would probably consider paying the 500, but I am doing it myself (no downline) whole different story.
I am also worried that I wont get many leads from this since last yr a lot of people left dissapointed. A different person took over TOH last yr and in the past they always had the asinos come in and bring food. Well last yr they had food for like the first 50 people, so I am aslo worried about the turn out. I need this to be good and I will call all the leads I get, but I need a good summer to help out with the finaces.

I just did the TOH show this past weekend in my city... I paid $600 for the booth... had no advertising in the goodie bag... had no advertising on the radio or in the paper, was asked to provide a door prize, and a booth give away.

Here are my results... $150 in sales.... booked 1 firm show and 2 potential shows. Had a lot of people take my info and then had a lot of people just ask what my gieaway was.

Now that 1 booking could lead to me recouping my cost for the booth and potential business down the line and that is the way you have to look at it.

Dotty said:
I've been to a Taste of Home event and was definitely not impressed by any of it. I was just a paying customer and was glad that at least I got a goody bag with a couple Taste of Home mags, but I was really put off by the fact that I basically I paid for a commercial for Taste of home. No food, no good cooking tips, no real inspiration at all. I can't imagine why anyone would want to be a vendor if they can't get anything in the goody bag. The place was packed full of people and most people couldn't or didn't visit the vendors. It was pretty much a confusing mess.

I was so put off by the "chef" who did the event. He came to my table and told me I didn't have enough stuff on it and that our products were "ok". He said he would plug the mango wedger even though he was going to "teach" people the proper way to cut a mango. He was pretty arrogant if you ask me (which you didn't but you get what I'm saying) :)

vanscootin said:
I just did the TOH show this past weekend in my city... I paid $600 for the booth... had no advertising in the goodie bag... had no advertising on the radio or in the paper, was asked to provide a door prize, and a booth give away.

Here are my results... $150 in sales.... booked 1 firm show and 2 potential shows. Had a lot of people take my info and then had a lot of people just ask what my gieaway was.

Now that 1 booking could lead to me recouping my cost for the booth and potential business down the line and that is the way you have to look at it.

yikes i wouldnt be happy with that booth. I have usually had good sucess from this but last yr the newspaper took over and they are doing it again. So we will see.
I also always have a door prize drawing slip and I always call all my yes and maybe's on there. That always helps me get leads. I seem to never do any sales at these booths

vanscootin said:

Well, we can only hope!
Your current results would be good for a $50 booth - not $600. I wouldn't sign up for that event again. But, I know what you mean. You have to look down the road a few years and hope they have lots of friends who like ot cook and love PC quality.

I see it as an investment I guess... I'm no stranger to the big events. You win some you lose some, you write it off on you taxes.

vanscootin said:
I was so put off by the "chef" who did the event. He came to my table and told me I didn't have enough stuff on it and that our products were "ok". He said he would plug the mango wedger even though he was going to "teach" people the proper way to cut a mango.

I have known for years the "proper" way to slice a pineapple. That didn't stop me from being excited about our pineappple wedger when it came out and showing people how easy it is. The "proper" way to slice a pineapple is a pain in the A$& (IMHO). I preferred to buy my pineapple presliced, but it was so expensive I didn't do it much. Our pineapple makes things so easy, I buy a pineapple just about every time I go to the grocery store. Our pineapple slicer has long since paid for itself with the cost savings of buying a whole pineapple vs the store's presliced ones.

I see the mango wedger as being no different. Not a lot of mangos eaten in this house, but I'm getting it for peaches. Bet I start eating more peaches. I'm sure eating more oranges with my veggie wedger. It's either on the counter about to get used or in the dishwasher because it's been used. Haven't found a "home" for it yet in my kitchen. :D

lt1jane said:
I have known for years the "proper" way to slice a pineapple. That didn't stop me from being excited about our pineappple wedger when it came out and showing people how easy it is. The "proper" way to slice a pineapple is a pain in the A$& (IMHO). I preferred to buy my pineapple presliced, but it was so expensive I didn't do it much. Our pineapple makes things so easy, I buy a pineapple just about every time I go to the grocery store. Our pineapple slicer has long since paid for itself with the cost savings of buying a whole pineapple vs the store's presliced ones.

I see the mango wedger as being no different. Not a lot of mangos eaten in this house, but I'm getting it for peaches. Bet I start eating more peaches. I'm sure eating more oranges with my veggie wedger. It's either on the counter about to get used or in the dishwasher because it's been used. Haven't found a "home" for it yet in my kitchen. :D

Peaches? Can the mango wedger work on peaches? I'm questioning because of the unique shape of the mango pit...?? Have you tried this yet? It would be really great if this would work, giving us another use for it!! Please share!!:confused:

I read about peaches somewhere. I believe it was here on this forum.

lt1jane said:
I read about peaches somewhere. I believe it was here on this forum.

I read it somewhere once too, but now i can't find it. i thought it was in the PC info...but the online version of the PIG doesn't have any mention of it. I would think it might be possible, if you have it in the right direction to line up with the peach pit.....but I think you'd have a bit more flesh on the pit- so potential waste?

We won't know until we try. :) (just don't do it too fast, in case it doesn't work! Wouldn't want to ruin your wedger).

read the description in the catalog. I think it says peach in there. I am new and I was going over the catalog today. I could swear I saw other uses for the mango wedger and thought "I can use that in my shows"

I have the PIG that was sent with my spring paperwork. It says in there

"Can also be used on medium-sized peaches, plums, and nectarines"

I KNEW I saw it somewhere! :) As for waste, It's the same as the pineapple wedger. There is only as much waste as you want there to be. The right knife makes short work of any "waste" you don't want to actually be waste.

1. What is the purpose of the "Venting Frustrations with Taste of Home Booth" at Pampered Chef events?

The "Venting Frustrations with Taste of Home Booth" is a designated area for guests to voice any concerns or issues they may have with their experience at the event. It allows for open communication and the opportunity for us to address and resolve any frustrations.

2. Can anyone use the "Venting Frustrations with Taste of Home Booth"?

Yes, the booth is open to all guests attending the event. We encourage anyone who may have feedback or concerns to visit the booth and share their thoughts with us.

3. Will my feedback be taken into consideration?

Yes, we value all feedback from our guests and take it into consideration when making improvements to our events and services. Your input helps us provide the best experience possible for our customers.

4. Are there any specific guidelines for using the "Venting Frustrations with Taste of Home Booth"?

We ask that all guests respect each other and our staff when using the booth. Please refrain from using offensive language or making personal attacks. This is a safe space for honest and constructive feedback.

5. Can I remain anonymous when sharing my frustrations at the booth?

Yes, we understand that some guests may feel more comfortable sharing their feedback anonymously. You can choose to leave your name or remain anonymous when using the "Venting Frustrations with Taste of Home Booth".

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
noelskitchen
  • sburnside
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD
Replies