• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soI Had a Show Last Night That I Would Have Sold About $300 in

In summary, DuPont has pledged to eliminate emissions of perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) from its Teflon manufacturing facilities by 2015. Customers who use cookware with a Teflon coating can be confident that the products are safe.
bbauman07
Gold Member
So I had a show last night that I would have sold about $300 in cookware. But the "new thing" is Teflon is bad for you even if it doesn't come off the pan!!

I know that our telfon is sprayed on. Any suggestions on how I can close this sale?

Has anyone else had this problem?

I would even love to read your cookware pitch.

The whole thing about teflon is about the emissions it gives of as it's being manufactured, not in the actual cookware itself. At least not for our cookware. Here's a memo that went out a month or two ago....

EXECUFLASH
One Pampered Chef Lane, Addison, IL 60101-5630

Dear Executive Director,

I would like to address an issue that has appeared in the news recently regarding an agent used in the manufacture of Teflon®. The issue raised in the media relates to emissions from the manufacturing process at DuPont facilities, not to products with a Teflon® coating, like cookware.

Earlier this week Dupont pledged its commitment to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to eliminate the emissions of perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) from its Teflon® manufacturing facilities by 2015. Yesterday it was reported by the Chicago Tribune and other news agencies that both the EPA and Dupont agreed that consumers who use cookware with Teflon® coating can be confident that the products are safe to use.

On its website, Dupont reports that rigorous scientific testing has shown that PFOA is not released from Teflon® non-stick cookware even under some extreme cooking conditions. According to DuPont, studies show that even when cookware coated with Teflon® was scratched with a knife, no PFOA was detected under typical consumer use conditions.

We encourage you and your customers to continue using Pampered Chef Cookware with confidence. If you have any questions or would like more information, please refer to DuPont's Web site @ www.DuPont.com or www.Teflon.com.

Please feel free to share this with your downlines.

Thank you,

Rich Hlava

Senior Vice President, Operations

So, I'd be more worried if I lived close to one of these plants. Cooking with pans that may have a Teflon coating don't cause any harm, it's the manufacturing process, as was stated above. Any and all customers who may be concerned about this should visit www.dupont.com to read more.

People are paranoidOh I think people are paranoid! I mean come on! Teflon in pans will come off and become part of your food if you are buying cheap $9.99 pans or using pans that have been passed down from great great grandma.

It seems everything is unsafe for the world, for birds, for use in our daily lives. So let's all just live in a cave and wait for the world to end.
You know Teflon will probably destroy the ozone layer and then we are all gonners!!! LOL :rolleyes:
People spend way too much time making themselves afraid of everything!! Reading this report and that report...
I know when it's time to go God will be the one to take me home...
Not that I don't wear my seat belt but for heaven's sake, let's give our customers the facts and let them know our products are safe...
SO GET OVER IT!!! :D
DEBBIE

DebbieSAChef said:
Oh I think people are paranoid! I mean come on! Teflon in pans will come off and become part of your food if you are buying cheap $9.99 pans or using pans that have been passed down from great great grandma.

It seems everything is unsafe for the world, for birds, for use in our daily lives. So let's all just live in a cave and wait for the world to end.
You know Teflon will probably destroy the ozone layer and then we are all gonners!!! LOL :rolleyes:
People spend way too much time making themselves afraid of everything!! Reading this report and that report...
I know when it's time to go God will be the one to take me home...
Not that I don't wear my seat belt but for heaven's sake, let's give our customers the facts and let them know our products are safe...
SO GET OVER IT!!! :D
DEBBIE
Yeah, I wish some of our customers had the same point of view as you do! :) Sometimes I think they just want an easier way to talk themselves out of something. But, we do need to be ready to dispense accurate information if the concern comes up. And if we don't know, we should try to find it out for the customer, which is what the original poster is wanting to do. I'd love to include what you said in a response I may have to give a customer, but can you imagine how that would sound to them. Hee hee.:p It would be kinda funny to tell them that. Even though we tell them our products are safe, many don't take it at face value for whatever reason. Like I said, I think some are just wanting to have a "good" reason (in their eyes) to talk themselves out of it.:D

Yes talking themselves out of a purchaseDon't you just hate when one person at the show is a Pampered Chef skeptic. She is the person who starts to question the safety, the price, the quality, etc of our products.
I agree when we have info on hand to silence these types of people it's wonderful!!
I had a lady at a show last month ask why the cookware is so expensive. She just bought the same pan as ours for only $20 at Target.
I asked her if her pan had the features of ours and I went down the list, I also mentioned that in 10 years if she went back to Target because her pan was scratched or had something wrong with it, would they take it back and give her a brand new one?
She said no. She also said that she didn't like that her handle would get hot during cooking because of her kids. I told her our handles don't do that. I also told her that our pans go in the oven. Did hers? NO!!
So the skeptic bought a pan!! It was great!! :D I am at over 1200 points for Panorama and have two cookware sets on layaway. Plus my hostess with the biggest show ever is going to have another show for me in April and she wants the pans!! :D
Debbie

thank you Becky. This is just what I needed.

1. How can I increase sales at my Pampered Chef show?

To increase sales at your show, make sure to invite a diverse group of guests, offer special deals or discounts, and provide a fun and engaging experience for your guests. You can also encourage your guests to book future shows or host their own parties.

2. What are the best-selling products at Pampered Chef?

Our best-selling products include our classic Deep Covered Baker, the Quick Cooker, and the Quick Slice. Our guests also love our versatile stoneware and high-quality knives.

3. How can I earn free products as a host?

As a host, you can earn free products through our Host Rewards program. The more sales and bookings you generate at your show, the more free products you can earn. You can also earn additional rewards by hosting a show during our special promotions.

4. Can I still earn rewards if I have a virtual Pampered Chef show?

Yes, you can still earn rewards if you have a virtual show. Our Host Rewards program applies to both in-person and virtual shows. You can also receive additional virtual host benefits, such as exclusive discounts and free shipping on orders.

5. What is the return policy for Pampered Chef products?

We offer a satisfaction guarantee for all of our products. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for an exchange or refund. Some restrictions may apply, so be sure to check our return policy for more details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefannie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
RebelChef
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • RachelNguyen
  • Products and Tips
Replies