• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soI Don't Have to Search...gillian Needs a Kick in the Butt...

In summary, Gillian is down about not being a director anymore and doesn't know what to do. She is considering leaving PC, but is worried about losing her spot.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Anyone have Jana's e-mail phone in Alaska so I can e-mail/call her and tell her to give Gillian a big motivational kick in the butt????

Gillian said she can't say no to her and she needs to get her motivation back and didn't attend conference to get it...

Gillian - just think - you've made it this far fast! Keep it up and GREAT things will continue to happen for you and your family and you can have FUN doing PC!

I don't know the number but I will join in the "butt kicking"!:D

Me, too!

Especially after talking to her last week.... get off your butt, Gilly! You can do it!

Is that Jana Arkell? If so, she and Tara Woodward taught a workshop at conference (Recruiting: From Maybe to Yes) and it was the BEST one I had all three days! I'd love to know how to get in touch with Tara if anyone knows her contact info.....she is amazing!

Answer that phone when she calls!!!!

Pick up the phone and call!!!!

Get offline, out of the house and have some fun!!!!

OOOHHH Gillian, I spoke to your director about you!! I asked her if she knew you since you both lived in Alaska and she said yes that she's your director. I told her that you were a friend of mine and she said that she hasn't talked to you in over a month! :eek: She's really worried about you and didn't know if you had the baby and I said yes, her name is Baylor! I felt bad about spilling the beans. Shes genuinely conerned about you Gillian!!!

PampMomof3 said:
OOOHHH Gillian, I spoke to your director about you!! I asked her if she knew you since you both lived in Alaska and she said yes that she's your director. I told her that you were a friend of mine and she said that she hasn't talked to you in over a month! :eek: She's really worried about you and didn't know if you had the baby and I said yes, her name is Baylor! I felt bad about spilling the beans. Shes genuinely conerned about you Gillian!!!
Tattletale http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/tongue0020.gif LOL!

I haven't talked to her in longer than that, but my whole downline knows what is going on with me and they attend her meeting, so I figured she would get the scoop from them. Guess not...

I know!! I'm so sorry!!

She taught one of my classes, Recruiting from maybe to yes!

Alrighty count me in for the butt kicking !!!

I just don't want to talk to her because I don't know what to say... I haven't decided if I want to stay with PC or not, and she just doesn't understand why I would want to leave after making director. I just can't explain it so I am taking the low road and avoiding her. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/ashamed0005.gif

gilliandanielle said:
I just don't want to talk to her because I don't know what to say... I haven't decided if I want to stay with PC or not, and she just doesn't understand why I would want to leave after making director. I just can't explain it so I am taking the low road and avoiding her. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/ashamed0005.gif

Don't avoid her Gillian - get back in and give it a try...if you are working the business and truly not happy in a few months, you know what decision to make.

If you sit back and do nothing then decide PC is for you it is too late.

This business is what you make it - give it a try while you can! You don't realize how hard it is for some people to make director or lose it then get it back. You have it - now work it - then decide.

(Now do I need to trek up to Alaska yet to kick you in the butt for real???)

I guess I should just come out and say that I am done being a director. I don't know how I got to this point, but this is not what I want at all. I love PC because I could do as much or as little as I wanted. As a director you have to care for your team, even if you do nothing. I just can't handle one more "hat" in my life, KWIM?

I think that is why I am so wishy-washy about PC in general... I could care less if I lose my directorship, but think I still want to be a consultant. Jana is trying to make Executive, and needs me as one of her directors to get there and she is so close. I just don't have the balls to tell her that she is one less director to her goal than she thought she was. I know how hard we ALL work to promote and how much it means to us, so I just have a hard time taking that away from her.

gilliandanielle said:
I guess I should just come out and say that I am done being a director. I don't know how I got to this point, but this is not what I want at all. I love PC because I could do as much or as little as I wanted. As a director you have to care for your team, even if you do nothing. I just can't handle one more "hat" in my life, KWIM?

I think that is why I am so wishy-washy about PC in general... I could care less if I lose my directorship, but think I still want to be a consultant. Jana is trying to make Executive, and needs me as one of her directors to get there and she is so close. I just don't have the balls to tell her that she is one less director to her goal than she thought she was. I know how hard we ALL work to promote and how much it means to us, so I just have a hard time taking that away from her.

My upline had this to say about a similar situation in our cluster...
Your goal with PC should NOT be to promote. Your goal should be to share the great opportunity available with PC with as many people as you can and help those along the way who want to work with you. Then as a REWARD for your time and dedication, PC showers you with extras (including promotion) as "thank yous".

I would probably feel the same way as you do if I was going to tell my director the same thing, but remember... it is YOUR life YOUR way, not
"your life, her way"... As a director, yes, she has the right to be sad that she is a bit further from her next promotion. HOWEVER, as your director, you should be able to EXPECT support from her in deciding what is best for your family. She might not understand, but that doesn't mean she can't be supportive. I don't completely understand what is going on, but I can honestly say that I am behind you 100% if this is what is best for you and your family at this time in your life.

O.k.... now back off my soapbox and (in theory) back to work!

Not to be a changer of subject..
gilliandanielle said:

Wow Gillian your new avatar photo looks sooooooooo different from your last one!! Like 2 completely different people!! LOL So you all can continue just had to say that!! :eek:)

Well, Gillian I think you should do whatever is best for you. I understand your wanting to continue helping someone else out though but you have to do what it best for you.

I guess since you are not going to another company you will not be in trouble with PC :D :eek: or anyone on here:eek: :D

Gillian,

I think you should just come out and tell her. If your heart is not in it then you aren't doing the best for your team and in turn they may get frusterated and leave PC. If you pass them on to her then they 'might' get the support they need and just maybe one or more of them will promote to director and they could be the director/s that she needs to make her promotion.....make sense? I'm not telling you what you should or shouldn't do, but whatever you do you need to do it for you.....not because someone else wants you to. If being a consultant is what you want then so be it!

Gillian, I totally understand where you are coming from. I know that you don't want to disappoint her but you have heard it more than once. This is about YOU not her. I would contact her though and spell it out for her just as a courtesy. We all have had those hosts that won't return a phone call and it drives us insane. Please just do what you gotta do, spell it out to her just like you did here, stay strong and YOU will be the better person for it.

Jana seems like a really understanding person. She's got a big heart it seems. I think she would be understanding, but also out of respect is deserving of the conversation. It certainly sounds like she cares about you a lot.

Do what's right for you -- but avoiding her will not avoid the issue. Keep your ties tight so that if you later decide you want to kick it up a notch there is no burned bridges in the way of support.

yummy4tummy said:
Gillian, I totally understand where you are coming from. I know that you don't want to disappoint her but you have heard it more than once. This is about YOU not her. I would contact her though and spell it out for her just as a courtesy. We all have had those hosts that won't return a phone call and it drives us insane. Please just do what you gotta do, spell it out to her just like you did here, stay strong and YOU will be the better person for it.
I wasn't exactly sure how I felt until I just started typing it. I just didn't want to tell her that I don't want to be a director anymore unless I was sure. Just typing the words made me feel so much better and I can be a tiny bit more confident about telling Jana.

She does have a huge heart but she is a problem solver. It is in her nature and why she is so successful. I just worry that when I tell her that I don't want to be a director she will want to find out why and solve it, not just accept it.

smarteez2 said:
Wow Gillian your new avatar photo looks sooooooooo different from your last one!! Like 2 completely different people!! LOL So you all can continue just had to say that!! :eek:)

Thanks Cynthia- I didn't realize that everyone thought I had a weird nose until I changed it...

No pinnochio here, just a funny pic... :D

Here is the bigger version- http://www.chefsuccess.com/showpost.php?p=252827&postcount=347

Gillian do what your heart tells you. You have to do what is best for you and your family not other people.

Gillian this is something you have to work out in your own mind. You need to do the right thing for you. Don't worry about what others think. It isn't about them. I wish you the best with whatever you decide to do and I just hope you won't leave your cheffers.

I would never leave the cheffers & I really still want to be a consultant. I want the freedom to not panic about going inactive, not panicking about losing my team, and my $15000 career sales raise. I just want to submit a show now and then without worrying about anything.

Then submit away!! Be confident in the fact that it is your decision and it is OK!!! (((Hugs)))

chefkristin said:
Then submit away!! Be confident in the fact that it is your decision and it is OK!!! (((Hugs)))

I agree do it your way & keep your love not struggle & start to hate it. Follow your passion & your heart.

Ok, first off, Here you go Janet, I found this one just for you, lol.

gilliandanielle said:
I would never leave the cheffers & I really still want to be a consultant. I want the freedom to not panic about going inactive, not panicking about losing my team, and my $15000 career sales raise. I just want to submit a show now and then without worrying about anything.
But here Gill, I know what you mean, that is why I haven't ever really tried hard to actively recruit anyone. The way I am going right now I absolutely don't have time to do any shows, I am just not wanting to lose any of my sales so that when I do have time, maybe when my children are old enough to do all their homework on their own and I don't have to be right there with them all the time, I can really get into it, you know. Now that I did start it a few years ago, I thought I might have gotten a lot further than I have, but things change, and so do we. Don't be ashamed just be yourself! I am getting a little bolder about telling my feelings lately after being stepped on all my life, and I am loving it, lol.

BTW, Gill I think you look so much more like a teenager in this new pic, lol. No wonder your hosts wonder where your mom is, just had to get that in there, now I will duck and hide for cover, ROFLMAO

Dang, I wanted to find a smiley hiding or ducking for cover, lol, but it is past my bedtime, so I digress.

Gillian, I agree with all the above. Do it your way! If your director is disappointed, she may need to be reminded that the best thing about PC is doing as much or as little as you want.

Make it work for you so its fun. Do enough to remain active until kiddies are older.

Hugs!

Gillian - I'm all for doing what level you feel best with.

However, I am all for striving for excellence in what you do. If you want to be a consultant - do it to the best of your ability.

So, I'm still giving you a virtual "kick in the butt".

Find a way to do PC well and ENJOY it. :) If the recruiting happens, you can still do that and NOT take on the responsibilities of directorship.

Someone is sure looking out for me... last night, after finally making my decision to not worry about going inactive I got an e-mail from a friend of my DH's aunt. I sent her a few catalogs in MAY and every month sent her the link to the OOF so she could print them off. I wrote her off because she never collected orders. Well- guess who is ready to submit a show?? She is going to e-mail me the names and item numbers today so I still don't know the show total, but it is a lot closer to my $200 that I need this month than I was yesterday :)

See- you weren't meant to go inactive, honey! Even if you do decide to give up Directorship (and it's not for everyone or every time), you can still stay active.

Hey you go girlie!See what happens when you just relax and DSTSS? (don't sweat the small stuff)
Hopefully that will snowball for you (if that's what you want).
Congrats to you...now I just wish that my good karma would peek it's head my way. FM today, keep your fingers crossed that I have a huge crowd just waiting for my arrival (hey I can dream can't I?)

gilliandanielle said:
Someone is sure looking out for me... last night, after finally making my decision to not worry about going inactive I got an e-mail from a friend of my DH's aunt. I sent her a few catalogs in MAY and every month sent her the link to the OOF so she could print them off. I wrote her off because she never collected orders. Well- guess who is ready to submit a show?? She is going to e-mail me the names and item numbers today so I still don't know the show total, but it is a lot closer to my $200 that I need this month than I was yesterday :)

LOL Valky~ I heard they are already forming a line waiting for you...

YIPPEE... I just hope they brought money with them. LOL

There's a gal crossline in my cluster who swears that every time she has nothing on the books and she announces that she's quitting, she has several customers call to book, and she ends up with fantastic months. I think it's fate's way of telling us that we're supposed to be doing this, even if it's only part-time.

Gill,
You are a great consultant!!!
Keep your chin up!

Alright- back to the baby steps...

Today I e-mailed my downline individually to offer support to each situation (kit nappers, one show then quit, qualified then went inactive, active) and I am about to send out my sad recognition.

I think I will also e-mail Jana today too about my situation. I would rather tell her now though e-mail and be able to get my thoughts down first than call her and just ramble.

Baby steps... baby steps...

Its a start Gillian.... something that I learned in a Recuriting class is " Sell the Dream not the deal" and keep their dream infront of you........ or here is the one that I have been told lately it's not about us it's about them!! Hope that helps!!

Okay- I e-mailed Jana and poured my heart out- now we just wait for a response... YIKES!

Onto recognition... I think I had 3 consultants that had shows last month. This won't take long, LMAO!!

Gillian - so proud of you on the baby steps...you're getting back in the saddle...

I hope Jana is as wise as she sounds and helps you with your desires/dreams.

It is one of my favorites... how I feel most days with the 3 kiddos runnin' wild!

Okay- 10pm where I am and I haven't gotten a response from ANY of my 11 recruits. I even teased the inactives to contact me for a list of new products.Jana wrote me back and was very kind. She said that she doesn't care about the directorship and was honestly concerned about me. I know it is b*tchy, but how can she not care about the directorship?? And Kristi told her that I had Baylor but she acted like she didn't know anything about it and said she thought that something had gone horribly wrong...I am about to tally up that catty show- please pray it is $200+!!

hmm... have you called your recruits???? or just emailed them???? You can do it even if it is baby steps!!!

gilliandanielle said:
Okay- 10pm where I am and I haven't gotten a response from ANY of my 11 recruits. I even teased the inactives to contact me for a list of new products.

Jana wrote me back and was very kind. She said that she doesn't care about the directorship and was honestly concerned about me. I know it is b*tchy, but how can she not care about the directorship?? And Kristi told her that I had Baylor but she acted like she didn't know anything about it and said she thought that something had gone horribly wrong...

I am about to tally up that catty show- please pray it is $200+!!

gilliandanielle said:

Gillian,

I "TOTALLY" understand and don't have to say another word... BUT - of course I will.

Do it for you ~ make sure it is what you want ~ don't worry about anybody elses promotion ~ they should not depend (right?) on anyone elses achievments to promote themselves. We all understand.

YES ~ we all need a kick in the but at times for motivation, but you know yourself better than any of us do.

I support you in whatever decision you make and know we are her to be a sounding board for you.;)

So, Gill... what's that catalog show at?

Thanks Gina- that means a lot to me. I just totalled the show- $500!! Holy crap! A catalog show in a tiny tiny town in Alaska that I never thought would happen!! I am TOTALLY rebooking her for Fall!

Congrats Gill! Fate is intervening... in more than 1 way! a) this catalog show to keep you active b) your downline not returning an email... not to say your downline doesn't love you, as who couldn't, but maybe this is fate's way of telling you that you are making an okay choice. Whatever happens, we (well, at least I) will stand by and love you :)

<h2>1. What does "So I Don't Have to Search...gillian Needs a Kick in the Butt" mean?</h2><p>"So I Don't Have to Search...gillian Needs a Kick in the Butt" is a phrase used by Pampered Chef consultants to motivate and encourage each other to stay focused and driven in their business. It means that instead of constantly searching for motivation or inspiration, someone (in this case Gillian) needs a tough love approach to get back on track and reach their goals.</p><h2>2. How can I contact Jana in Alaska to get Gillian's email or phone number?</h2><p>Unfortunately, we are not able to share personal contact information of our consultants. However, you can reach out to Gillian directly through her Pampered Chef website or social media pages.</p><h2>3. Why does Gillian need a big motivational kick in the butt?</h2><p>Gillian may be feeling unmotivated or overwhelmed in her business and needs a strong push to get back on track and regain her drive. As a fellow consultant, it's important to support and encourage each other when facing challenges.</p><h2>4. How can attending a conference help Gillian regain her motivation?</h2><p>Pampered Chef conferences are a great way for consultants to reconnect with their passion for the business and gain new insights and inspiration. By attending a conference, Gillian can surround herself with like-minded individuals, learn new skills, and get re-energized to continue growing her business.</p><h2>5. What advice would you give to Gillian to stay motivated and have fun with her Pampered Chef business?</h2><p>My advice to Gillian would be to remember why she joined Pampered Chef in the first place and focus on her goals and the positive impact her business has on her and her family. She should also stay connected with other consultants and take advantage of the resources and support available to her through Pampered Chef. Most importantly, she should have fun and enjoy the journey of building her business!</p>

1. What does "So I Don't Have to Search...gillian Needs a Kick in the Butt" mean?

"So I Don't Have to Search...gillian Needs a Kick in the Butt" is a phrase used by Pampered Chef consultants to motivate and encourage each other to stay focused and driven in their business. It means that instead of constantly searching for motivation or inspiration, someone (in this case Gillian) needs a tough love approach to get back on track and reach their goals.

2. How can I contact Jana in Alaska to get Gillian's email or phone number?

Unfortunately, we are not able to share personal contact information of our consultants. However, you can reach out to Gillian directly through her Pampered Chef website or social media pages.

3. Why does Gillian need a big motivational kick in the butt?

Gillian may be feeling unmotivated or overwhelmed in her business and needs a strong push to get back on track and regain her drive. As a fellow consultant, it's important to support and encourage each other when facing challenges.

4. How can attending a conference help Gillian regain her motivation?

Pampered Chef conferences are a great way for consultants to reconnect with their passion for the business and gain new insights and inspiration. By attending a conference, Gillian can surround herself with like-minded individuals, learn new skills, and get re-energized to continue growing her business.

5. What advice would you give to Gillian to stay motivated and have fun with her Pampered Chef business?

My advice to Gillian would be to remember why she joined Pampered Chef in the first place and focus on her goals and the positive impact her business has on her and her family. She should also stay connected with other consultants and take advantage of the resources and support available to her through Pampered Chef. Most importantly, she should have fun and enjoy the journey of building her business!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • wadesgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • babywings76