• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

soI Am Putting Together an Outside Order Host Packet and a Few

In summary, the host should print out an official receipt for their guests when they receive their order from the online store. If the customer lives in the same area as the host, then the host should not include direct shipping costs in the packet.
emiscookin
So I am putting together an Outside Order Host packet and a few questions came to mind:
(Note: these questions apply to when my Host comes in direct contact with friends and they place orders right then and there)

After I receive the orders (placed on the Outside Order Form) from my Host how do I create a receipt for these customers that explains the warranty info, returns and all that other stuff? Cause I was told that customers need a REAL receipt if they have any issues with their products when contacting HO.

Also, the $4.25 S&H is what is on the Outside Order Forms. Of course that applies when the local customer chooses to have their order shipped to the Host. But what if a local customer wants it directly shipped to them? I should include the direct shipping rates in the Host Packet huh?

OR, so that I don't have to worry about any of the above should I just mail like 10 or 15 of the 3 ply order forms to my host and have him/her use those (so they can give the customer a receipt right then and there w/ the info!) and any they don't use they could send back to me? Hmm, in that case, I guess the outside order form is easier and cheaper huh? Gyah! I don't know what to do! :eek:

Would love ya'll's advice!
Hope these questions aren't confusing.
Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited:
Re: QuestionsYou will print an official receipt from P3. You'll need to order PP Receipts. They come in packs of 100.I tell my hosts that if their friends and family want items shipped directly to them to contact me for shipping. Though, most of the time those guests live fr away and use the website to order. The website figures it all for them.I don't like to give the host the 3-ply forms because they seem to get confused by them.

Re: QuestionsI use outside order forms in the host packet because, generally they are easier to figure out that the 3-ply forms I use at my shows.Once I've submitted the party, I mail the host receipts -- printed on the official Pampered Partner Plus Paper -- for the outside orders and for her order. This paper has the complete guarantee and return information on the back.I don't include direct shipping costs in the packet. If the customer has had enough contact with the host to place the order, there is generally no problem with them picking up their order from the host once it arrives.

Re: QuestionsHow do I print an official receipt on the P3 using that paper?

Re: QuestionsWhen you select a show in the lower left window of P3, an option to "Print Receipts" becomes available at the top of that window. Just click on that option. A window will appear listing shows. Choose the one you want. You'll then be able to choose which receipts to print.This is where making sure that you designate outside orders by checking the box when you input the order in P3 comes in handy. Orders designated as outside orders will be marked as such on the list.

Re: QuestionsThe OOF has the direct shipping rates on the back if you print both sides for them. But doesn't the tax rate change based on where it's getting shipped to? Alot of times tax rates are the same for entire counties but where I live, our tax rate is 1% higher than all the neighboring cities and then the county over is .5% less than that! So depending on whether you have that around you, it is probably best that they just contact you.

Re: Questions
mrshamel3808 said:
The OOF has the direct shipping rates on the back if you print both sides for them. But doesn't the tax rate change based on where it's getting shipped to? Alot of times tax rates are the same for entire counties but where I live, our tax rate is 1% higher than all the neighboring cities and then the county over is .5% less than that! So depending on whether you have that around you, it is probably best that they just contact you.

I looked up my Host's sales and food tax rate and told her what it was in her Host Packet. She lives in Topeka KS, and all the neighboring areas are the same %. I wondered about that too. ;)

THANK YOU, THANK YOU everyone who responded!! :D

I feel better now!

Re: QuestionsEmily- I had to chuckle when I read your last comment. You are ahead of the game. I had a catalog show last month (my first) with someone in another state - and completely forgot that our percentage rates would be different. Let's just say - in the end - it all worked out. Furthermore, I then passed out my adjusted OOFs to a group in my home town that had the out of town tax rate (which was quite a bit higher than here). Moral of the story- I wish I had thought to ask these questions BEFORE I started my sales last month.

Nep2nfly said:
Emily- I had to chuckle when I read your last comment. You are ahead of the game. I had a catalog show last month (my first) with someone in another state - and completely forgot that our percentage rates would be different. Let's just say - in the end - it all worked out. Furthermore, I then passed out my adjusted OOFs to a group in my home town that had the out of town tax rate (which was quite a bit higher than here). Moral of the story- I wish I had thought to ask these questions BEFORE I started my sales last month.

I'm glad it all worked out for you. Thanks for the compliment. ;)

emiscookin said:
I looked up my Host's sales and food tax rate and told her what it was in her Host Packet. She lives in Topeka KS, and all the neighboring areas are the same %. I wondered about that too. ;)

THANK YOU, THANK YOU everyone who responded!! :D

I feel better now!

See, that's nice that all the neighboring areas are the same %. Like I said, in my area, our city and one other are the only ones at 10.75%, the rest of LA County is 9.75%, then Orange County is 8.75-9.25%. I think San Bernadino County is 8.75-9%. So it's not if they're just in the same county (which would be easier to explain to hosts), ours change based on city.

What items are typically included in an outside order host packet?

In an outside order host packet, you can expect to find a catalog, order forms, host specials and rewards information, as well as a thank you note and contact information for the Pampered Chef consultant.

How do I place an outside order as a host?

To place an outside order as a host, simply fill out the order form included in your host packet and submit it to your Pampered Chef consultant. You can also place the order online using the provided link and host code.

Can I earn rewards for hosting an outside order?

Yes, hosts of outside orders can earn rewards just like hosts of in-person parties. The rewards will be based on the total sales from all orders submitted under your host code.

Can I invite guests to order from the outside order host packet?

Yes, you can invite guests to order from the outside order host packet. Simply share your host code and ordering information with your friends and family, and they can place their orders using the provided link or order form.

How long does it take for outside orders to be delivered?

The delivery time for outside orders may vary depending on your location and shipping method. Your Pampered Chef consultant will be able to provide you with an estimated delivery time for your specific order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Melissa78
Replies
Views
soonerchef
  • caritok
  • Pampered Chef Shows