• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Important Reminder for Oct 7th Show | Avoid Confusion with Correct Date!

In summary, the caller's friend said that her and her husband will not be able to make the party because they have plans this Friday.
I am making reminder calls for my show on Friday because in my haste and trying to do too many things at once I sent them out saying Sept 7th instead of Oct 7th. :confused: Anyway, I called one # and asked for Lois, a man answered, I am assuming it was her husband. ( I hate getting spouses when I am trying to leave a message like this it is always so confusing:grumpy:) He asks me what this is regarding and I tell him I am calling for her friend Julie----, and just wanted to clarify that the party was this Friday Oct 7th not Sept 7th, He says in a very friendly tone, ok well she won't be able to make it because we have plans this Friday. I thank him, THEN he says.....in the same friendly tone. Oh and by the way she doesn't have any friend named Julie ---- I can't stand any of the ----'s and you make sure to tell them that. And I say ok:bugeye: he kind of chuckled and hung up, I have no idea if he was being serious or not or if his wife even has plans this Friday but I am sure my host wouldn't invite her if they are enemies, the guest list was relatively small to start with which usually means they are only inviting close friends. What the Heck?

I would be sure to call your host and ask her to personally remind her friend. It could be her husband is trying to throw salt in her game!! You coud just say you were not able to connect to the friend and she should try to speak with her personally.

OMG! That happened to me once... kind of! I had a guest at a show wanting to book and I called to follow up. Her husband did the same thing to me and chewed me a new one... "We don't need any more of your &#$*! Don't try to talk my wife into anything!" I was horrified!!!! I didn't tell the host until she called me and asked me why I never contacted her friend about her show... her friend had asked the host about it. So I told the host what happened and she was horrified that her husband did that and apologized profusely. We never had the show. And they are divorced now. :(

That's why I don't do reminder calls. Some people are psycho!

I've known a couple who for cough29cough years & the hubby went through one of those stages. He was so down on life that he took it out on everyone else. Anytime people (including friends/family) would call he'd rudely say "WHAT DO YOU WANT!?!?" as soon as you identified. I actually told her once that I wasn't ever going to call her house again because of how rude he is when he answers the phone. And this was AFTER I bought them an answering machine for Christmas with 4 mailboxes so I could leave her messages. He'd listen to messages, erase them & "forget" to relay that someone had called. It wasn't just me, he did it with EVERYONE they knew including family.She left him, they sold their house & moved into separate places before reality set in & he came to his senses. He joined a church again, found his happy place & they are happily back together now. But he came super close to being divorced over his poor attitude. Sometimes people just hate life so much that they can't see past that wall and realize that they can be happy or that others can be happy. :(

I don't let my husband answer the house phone because he comes off very gruff. He bitches when someone calls after 9 pm.. well you know what this business is like.. just call me I don't care what time it is. So I told her not to answer the phone ever!

What is "soHere Is a Good One!"?

"soHere Is a Good One!" is a phrase that is often used to introduce a joke or a funny story. It is a way to grab someone's attention and get them interested in what you are about to say.

Where did the phrase "soHere Is a Good One!" originate?

The exact origins of the phrase "soHere Is a Good One!" are unknown, but it is believed to have been popularized in the 20th century as a way to introduce a joke or a funny story in spoken conversation.

Can "soHere Is a Good One!" be used in other contexts besides telling a joke?

Yes, "soHere Is a Good One!" can be used in other contexts besides telling a joke. It can also be used to introduce a clever or interesting idea, or to emphasize something that is surprising or unexpected.

Is there a proper way to use "soHere Is a Good One!"?

There is no specific rule for using "soHere Is a Good One!", but it is typically used at the beginning of a sentence or as a standalone phrase. It is often followed by a pause to build anticipation before telling the punchline of a joke or sharing an interesting story.

Can "soHere Is a Good One!" be used in written communication?

Yes, "soHere Is a Good One!" can be used in written communication, but it is more commonly used in spoken conversation. It can be used in informal written communication, such as text messages or emails to friends, but may not be appropriate for more formal writing situations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
annew
  • cincychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • PCJenni