• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bummed After Smaller-Than-Expected Show Turnout

In summary, the host received 50 RSVPs, 15 of which showed up. The host had a show with 3 people show up. The host is bummed because they did not get any outside orders.
Princess
Okay I finally had a show outside my circle of friends...did my first call (GREAT)..emailed him to inquire about the invites..he ensured me 10 said yes and 10 maybes. Call him the second time and he was busy but told me the count was the same..except 10 but more might show. GREAT! So I called him the morning of the show to get directions. So I showed up at 11:40 for my 12:00 show, one person showed:mad: ..waited,,,waited 1:00 rolled around then another so they told me to start. I left with $344 in sales only cause a guest bought $219...I'm just bummed cause I thought it would have been a bigger success, & get some bookings.

I'm sorry you're frustrated. {{Hugs}} It happens. I had a host send me 50 names, then got the RSVP's and had about 15 coming--pretty good, then she had the show and 3 people showed. Turned out it was back to school night in her district. So, she got outside orders and it turned out to be a $700 show.

Encourage the host to get some outside orders before you close. $344 is a great start. At least he gets some host benefits. It would really stink if he didn't.

Well he was expecting people that afternoon for a BBQ..and said he was going to get some more orders..we'll see.
After I got to his house he tells me no one really replied to his email, he probably never called to follow up.

on the plus side... at least it does count as a show towards the cluster challenge

I know it's always frustrating when not many people show up, but hey, $344 in sales isn't such a bad start compared to some shows. I had a show recently where only 5 people showed and I ended up with a $400 show and my first recruit, so I was very happy. She also got 5 bookings from her show to get her started. In the end, I viewed the show as very worthwhile. I'd do it again just to get another recruit! Hang in there and be happy!

Jeanie

I have found ti to be incredibly effective to call my hosts 5 days before the show and remind them to call all their friends and say "I am so excited to see you on ____at my PC cooking show - and just wait til you try the (insert recipe here) - doesn't it sound delicious?? And hey - feel free to being a friend along with you, the more the merrier you know!"

What can I do if my show turnout is smaller than expected?

If your show turnout is smaller than expected, there are a few things you can do to still make the most of the event. First, focus on the guests who did attend and make sure they have a great experience. This can lead to future bookings and sales. Second, consider reaching out to those who RSVP'd but didn't attend and offer them a virtual or catalog show option. Lastly, don't be discouraged and remember that every show is an opportunity to learn and improve for future events.

How can I prevent a small show turnout in the future?

To prevent a small show turnout in the future, it's important to focus on promoting your show well in advance. Utilize social media, email invites, and word of mouth to spread the word about your event. Additionally, offer incentives for guests to attend such as a raffle or free gift. It's also helpful to have a backup plan in case some guests can't attend, such as offering a virtual or catalog show option.

What should I do if I don't meet my sales goals at a smaller show?

If you don't meet your sales goals at a smaller show, don't be too hard on yourself. Remember that any sales and bookings are a success. You can also consider offering a hostess incentive to encourage future bookings. Additionally, focus on building relationships with the guests who did attend and follow up with them after the show to see if they need any additional products.

How can I make the most of a small show turnout?

There are a few ways to make the most of a small show turnout. First, focus on providing excellent customer service to the guests who did attend. This can lead to future bookings and sales. Second, take the opportunity to try out new products or recipes with your guests. Lastly, don't be discouraged and use the experience as a learning opportunity for future events.

What can I do to boost attendance at my shows?

To boost attendance at your shows, it's important to have a strong marketing and promotional strategy. Utilize social media, email invites, and word of mouth to spread the word about your event. You can also offer incentives for guests to attend, such as a free gift or raffle. Additionally, make sure to follow up with guests who RSVP'd but didn't attend and offer them a virtual or catalog show option. Lastly, continuously work on building relationships with past and potential guests to encourage them to attend future shows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kasper2010
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Akamsthang
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • byrd1956