• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated with Host! Booked Show but Can't Reach Them - Need Advice!

In Summary, the host of the party has not contacted me to reschedule or confirm the show and I am worried her party will not happen.
stacieka
I had 3 show bookings off of my show at the beginning of the month. One of them wanted the April host specials but could only do March 31 (tomorrow) for her party. I said that was fine and told her I would submit as an april show. I called her again and talked to her about a week later about her show and told her I was sending her Host packet out in the mail. I have called now every other day (sometimes 2-3 times a day) and get no answer. This is the only number I have and there is no answering machine.

Finally last thursday I got a hold of someone and told them who I was why I was calling and for them to please give her the message. Well now a week later after calling and calling I still have not talked with the host about a recipe or her party or anything! The show is tomorrow and is about 30 min from my house, my husband will have to take off early to come and stay with the boys so I can get over there before all of the traffic.

I even called and emailed the host she booked off of and have not heard from her! I know they live in the same area but dont really know how to get to her house. I am going to try calling agian today but if I dont talk to her do I go out there or no?? I hate for her to have all of these people show and there be no consulant but also would have to show and there be no party!:mad:

That's a tough one. If you haven't had any contact with her, it's my guess that she's blown you off and doesn't want to talk to you and admit it. I doubt she's even sent out invitations. Try calling again. If you get someone else and have to give another message, just state that you will assume the show is cancelled if the woman doesn't get back with you. If that doesn't get her to call you back, nothing will. I too would hate to make the 30 minute trip to her house, especially if you don't know how to get to her house. Good luck!

It's amazing that hosts sometimes have no clue - you definitely hate to not go and then all these people show up and you get badmouthed. But if you don't have a recipe decided on or # of people of coming, that's hard too. Maybe you will luck out and somehow get a hold of her - maybe you could do a recipe with ingredients you bring (something your family would eat in case it's a bust and she's not there). Keep trying to contact her and her friend - (maybe they are somewhere for spring break?) and leave messages with the friend through the phone and emails and tell her you really need directions as you can't get a hold of the host. If you could at least talk to the friend she booked from, you would think she would know whether she was doing the show. I take it you don't have the host's email address otherwise I would bombard that as well. I've had some hosts who prefer to do everything email cause they hate to talk on the phone! Good luck - hope it works out for you!

Gina Miller
Pampered Chef Consultant
[email protected]

Nope I dont have an email address. Just a phone that rings and rings.... Ughhh

Stacie, I see you live in Hawaii that must be beautiful:cool:. If you call and get no answer I would not go and if she does plan on the show happening I am sure you will hear from her around the time of the show to start. Then I would just tell her you had to assume the show was a no go, since you could not get a hold of her and try to re-book. Good luck, keep us updated.

Me too...I started my shows in March, gunho....I had one booked for the 5th, the 10th and the 12th, did the 5th and the 12th, but the 10th told me to change it to the 17th, Told her it was St. Pattys day....she said it would be GREAT then....so I redid the invites, got them to her, and called to confirm a week prior...nothing....left voice mails...at LEAST 1 every other day.....so FINALLY she sent me an email the 16, the day prior to her party date, said she only had 4 attending...I told her that would be fine, I have had 5 and had a 300 show....she backed out....said she wasn't going to clean her house for 4 people.:mad: ..I was soooo flipping mad...:eek: .SO...she did alot of e-invites....I am taking all those email addresses and am going to send a great invite for them to host their own show.....

I wouldn't waste your night preparing for it....if she hasn't called you back then she was just not brought up with manners that is for sure.

I'm so sorry she did that to you....and now I have a better appreciation for home parties...went to a party lites monday night....the host was THRILLED....so where the attendees when the consultant found out I was Pampered Chef and then THEY all knew....:D I passed out at least 12 cards....LOL....

Chin up....and if she did e-invites, send out personal emails to all those folks and see if you can't recoup by getting a booking or two.
:p

AND I would cook up a special treat for the DH and kiddies....you can do a fun show for them....that's even better :D

Finally heard from her after badgering the host she booked off of. Party is still on. Thank goodness !

Good!!! Hopefully this isn't any indication of how well the show will go!:rolleyes: I hope it's a good one! At least you know it's on!

Phew! I'm sure you're relieved. Hope it's a good one!

Let us know how it goes! Best of luck to you!

Don't feel bad, I had that kind of experience several times and I just take it as no. Wish they were more considerate and have the courtesy to at east return the call. I had many host at the very last minute changed the date due to illness, not enough guests coming and so on... I had one changed from March to April and then now to May. I sure hope she sticks to the date. When they keep changing the date, the guest off will be different for each month, so as the host special. Well, I have learned a lesson and if they don't returnmy call, I just cancel their show and give the date to someone else. Wish you luck!

an ideaI understand how frustrated you are, and I have an idea if you are brave enough to do it! Call the potential host and leave a message on her machine stating that you will be arriving at ___pm and that you are bringing several stones in order to be ready to prepare the recipe YOU have choosen-she doesn't need to know you don't know where she lives or that you really aren't coming....unless you want to go one step further and actually show up! This could easily backfire as she may just igonre you again, but it has happened to my Direcotr in the past and she used this technique and got a phone call from the host about 15 minutes later!
One more thing-after the second, maybe third, time you couldn't get in touch with her, I would have re-booked that date and moved on. In the off-chance that she would call you back to talk about the show, you could have stated that it was your obligation to your family to make sure your calendar was full and that she could reschedule her show. Harsh??? We have to try to remember that we are professionals, like doctor's that charge a fee if you don't keep your appointment!
OK-off soapbox now! Good luck

1. Why am I so frustrated with my host?

There could be a variety of reasons why you may be feeling frustrated with your host. Some common issues may include lack of communication, disorganization, or not meeting expectations. It's important to address these concerns with your host and try to find a solution together.

2. How can I improve my experience with a difficult host?

Dealing with a difficult host can be challenging, but there are a few things you can try to improve your experience. First, try to communicate openly and clearly with your host about your expectations. Additionally, setting boundaries and sticking to them can also help. If the issues persist, reach out to your supervisor for support.

3. My host keeps changing the date and time of the party. What should I do?

If your host keeps changing the date and time of the party, it's important to have a conversation with them about the impact it has on your business. Explain how last-minute changes can affect your planning and ask if there is a specific reason for the changes. If the issue continues, consider setting a firm deadline for finalizing the party details.

4. What should I do if my host cancels the party?

If your host cancels the party, it's important to stay calm and professional. Reach out to them to understand the reason for the cancellation and see if there is a possibility to reschedule. If not, focus on finding another party or event to fill that time slot.

5. How can I prevent frustration with my host in the future?

To prevent frustration with your host in the future, it's important to establish clear expectations and boundaries from the beginning. Communicate openly and regularly with your host to ensure everyone is on the same page. Also, try to build a good relationship with your host to create a positive and enjoyable experience for both of you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tsm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • PamperedchefDaly