• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Selling Nightmares: Struggles of a pp

In summary, the conversation is about a seller's frustration with Pampered Chef due to multiple issues with orders, missing items, and long wait times on the phone. The seller is considering quitting and going back to a full-time job, but is reminded by others to stay patient and not let a few problems ruin everything. They also discuss tips on how to get through to the customer service line more quickly.
tiffanypc05
Okay, So i've sold PC for a little over a year now and have never had a problem up until last month. Everything that could possibly go wrong definately has.

I had a recruit sign up a couple weeks ago and she turned in a catalog show. I did her show on my pampered partner, printed it out, and she mailed it in with the show total that pp said. Well she got a call last week saying that she didn't send enough money then the lady put her on hold and then the lady come back on the phone and said that she sent too much money and they were going to give her a comission adjustment for $16. Well then her show arrives, and guess what, TWO items are missing, no bags, and no packing slips. So, I told her to call HO and tell them and stressed that they were real easy to talk to and they would get the missing items sent out asap. Well the lady says the stuff was never ordered. I called today and got a hold of someone i couldn't understand but i did get out of her that the items were not ordered. What i don't understand is without the two items ordered PC would still owe her another $10.

Also, the last two shows have arrived w/o any bags, and stuff missing, or items broke.

I'm just so fed up with them that I'm to the point that I'd rather go get a full time public job and let my child go back to daycare and just stop selling pc all together. I mean I have recruited three people since the last week in jan. and I told everyone how easy and not so stressful it was but I feel like i've completely lied to them......

I'm so sorry that I wrote so much but I was going to bust if I didn't get it out!!!!!!

Last edited:
Oh Tiffany {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

First, try to smile and things might be a little easier.

Secondly, are the missing items in PP or did they not get put in? Could you/your recruit put in an idividual order to get the missing items and just eat the shipping?

I think that there is just so much going on at HO right now that they are having some issues. Send them an e-mail and let them know all of the issues you are having, at the very least you can vent to the people who are causing you a ton of stress.

Take care and hang in there!

...i know they got put in...i checked everything 3 times and see she's getting $16 back BUT if those two items were never ordered then pc would owe her over $10. Something just doesn't seem right.

Hang in there! I swear it's just a fluke. Think of how long things went smoothly before these mishaps. Don't throw in the towel yet. We're getting into a REALLY fun time of year where things pick up and you can do a lot more fun stuff with shows (outside, grilling, ice cream socials, etc). It'll get better!!:)

So, did you hear anything?

Not trying to be sarcastic. Do you really want to let a couple little problems ruin everything. would you really want to go back to working full time for someone else, long days and sending your child to a day care where you would not see him/her for hours, miss all that time with them, race in to fix supper in the evening, throw a load of clothes in the washing machine. Nope, I don't think so. Just hang in there. Mistakes happen, just try to be patient.:D

...Well, I don't want to go back to work, but if i have to keep forking out money to cover something pc has screwed up then i will be forced too. Everytime i call I get a two hour wait and i had church last night so i knew i wouldn't be home. I'm going to call back today.

Just FYI, when you call the HO and they tell you it's a ______ minute wait, it's likely MUCH shorter!!! I called a couple days ago and was told it was 45 minute wait :eek: or you could do that "virtual hold" where they'll call YOU back when your place in line comes up. Well, I decided to hold just for the heck of it. In TWO minutes, they answered. That hold time they give you is an estimate based on who all is calling in at that exact time. If some people hang up or choose to do the virtual hold, your hold time will not be as long.

I've never tried it, but I've been told the call back option is great! So maybe that's a better thing to try. I know it's all very frustrating. One optimistic way to look at it is our company is so strong, we have thousands of consultants. Those companies out there that have much smaller numbers aren't lucky enough to have the problems that come with such a strong sales force.:eek: Just another way to look at the situation.:eek:

...pamperedbecky, since you are a director you may could answer my question. Is there anything I could do that may would help this situation out? Soonerchef said to call and get them to call out everything that was on the packing list since they didn't send any.

I was going to do the callback thingy last night but i had to go to church so i am going to call back today.

From now on, I will print out two copies of the show, one for HO and one for my recruit....

I had an idea last night, you know how when you need to do an online adjustment all of the products (granted not the quantities) are listed? Maybe you could go there and look to see what they have listed and that would give you an idea of what was shipped.

Just a thought.

I love the call back feature its awesome!!!

I have done the call back instead of waiting on hold and it's great. They told me it was a 8-11 minute wait so I timed it with my clock/timer. It was only 3 minutes and they called me back. I loved it. So I always use this now.

Actually I'm waiting for a call back right now. It's so much easier to not have the phone to my ear when I'm reading Chef Success!!

I LOVE that feature too! It's a lot easier than waiting on hold when you could be making other phone calls!!:) Cheer up Tiffany, things will work out!

tiffanypc05 said:
pamperedbecky, since you are a director you may could answer my question. Is there anything I could do that may would help this situation out? Soonerchef said to call and get them to call out everything that was on the packing list since they didn't send any.

I was going to do the callback thingy last night but i had to go to church so i am going to call back today.

From now on, I will print out two copies of the show, one for HO and one for my recruit....
I've had to list off all products ordered from the Show Order Form over the phone when I've had discrepancies before. I think it's only happened once and it seemed due to a weird fluke with PP. I assume you've checked all of the individual order forms with the Show Order Form list? I guess I'm confused about why at first they said they owed HER money, then why they said it was the other way around. What was the reason they gave? Have you narrowed down which customer's order seemed to have the things missing that they say were never entered into PP? Did that customer pay for the two items?

If you're not happy with how the solution center person is answering your questions, you can always talk to a senior person or supervisor. Maybe they're not making it very clear where the mix up was.

As for the missing bags and packing list, that is something they should remedy and was their fault. Was it the packing list that lists each customer's order that was missing? I think this is one way they are trying to improve problems with missing products. I've never had them forget this in a box, but anything is possible.

I guess I don't know what else to suggest beyond cross checking everything to see where the mistake occurred. And talking to a senior person at PC to have them explain what happened. Sorry! :eek: Good luck.

...The money she sent to pc now is almost correct including the two items that were supposebly left off, BUT since they are sending her $16 back, something just isn't adding up. What happened to the rest of the money? I thought about it last night and the show was supposed to be about $230. Since those two items were some how deleted it moved the show down to $194. That means the host didn't get any free product so what she ordered free she would have to had paid for it. So, I'm guessing that's where they money went too. That's all i can think off. The packing slips that had the guests name on it didn't come

1. What are some common struggles that Pampered Chef sellers face?

Some common struggles that Pampered Chef sellers may face include difficulty booking parties, low sales, and challenges with recruiting new team members. Other common issues may include feeling overwhelmed by the amount of work and time required to be successful, competition from other direct sales companies, and finding new and creative ways to market products.

2. How can I improve my sales as a Pampered Chef seller?

There are several ways to improve sales as a Pampered Chef seller. Some tips include hosting virtual parties, offering specials or discounts, reaching out to past customers for repeat business, and actively promoting and sharing products on social media. Networking with other direct sales consultants and attending local events or fairs can also help increase sales.

3. How can I overcome my fear of rejection when selling Pampered Chef products?

Rejection is a common fear among direct sales consultants, but it's important to remember that it's not personal. One way to overcome this fear is to focus on the benefits and value of the products you are selling. Share your personal experience and enthusiasm for the products, and remember that not everyone will be interested or able to make a purchase. It's also helpful to have a positive mindset and not take rejection personally.

4. What are some strategies for successfully recruiting new team members?

One strategy for recruiting new team members is to share your own success story and the benefits of being a Pampered Chef consultant. Utilize social media and networking events to connect with potential recruits, and offer incentives for joining your team. Hosting a team information session or training event can also help attract new members. Additionally, be prepared to answer any questions and provide support and guidance to new team members.

5. How do I balance my Pampered Chef business with other responsibilities?

Balancing a Pampered Chef business with other responsibilities can be challenging, but it's important to prioritize and manage your time effectively. Set specific work hours for your business and stick to them, and delegate tasks to team members or family members when necessary. It's also important to take breaks and make time for self-care to avoid burnout. Utilizing organizational tools and systems can also help streamline tasks and make the most of your time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefashleigh
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Misty Shehan
  • krzymomof4
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
krzymomof4
  • wadesgirl