• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeling Discouraged as a New PC Consultant?

In summary, starting a new PC consulting business can be challenging, but staying motivated is key. Set realistic goals, celebrate small victories, and surround yourself with a supportive network. If your first catalog show doesn't generate orders, don't be too hard on yourself and consider offering incentives for future orders. If a host flakes out on a scheduled show, politely remind them of their commitment and focus on finding more committed hosts. Slow sales during the holiday season are normal, so use this time to build your network and plan for future shows. To reach your super starter bonus, promote your upcoming show, offer incentives for guests, and follow up with them afterwards. With dedication and hard work, you can still achieve your goal.
jchesley
I am new to PC and I am on my 1st month. My sister was doing a catalog show, and she wasn't able to get ANY orders. (not even my mom ordered out of pity!)

Then I was supposed to have my first real cooking show tomorrow and the girl flaked out. I am so bummed. I know that it is hard with the holidays, but I thought since it was still pretty early in the month that people would want to order gifts.

I do have a definate show on Friday morning (brunch), and I am really looking forward to it. I am just discouraged because I am not going to get my super starter bonus. :(

Jessica

I am sure if you wanted you could see about changing your SS month to Jan instead of Dec good luck

Hang in there! Don't get too discouraged yet....it gets easier the more you do it;) Cooking shows are typically easier to get orders that catalog shows, I think. If you can't get your SS month changed, just call everyone you know to see if they need any Xmas presents & let them know you're working towards a goal. People like to help out if they know you're gettting freebies:)

Like someone said... go online or call PC and change your SS1 to Jan. It's no problem and that way, if you do a show this month it will just help you out in Jan.

Not sure you'll be able to get your SS month changed, but if you don't, do not fret. I started out really slow in my business, and only until recently, I had been on again, off again. Don't go into the brunch show with a negative attitude - think positive and show your excitement. If your not excited, chances are, you won't get a booking. Even if you only get 1 booking, that is still something on your calendar, and hopefully something outside of your 'circle' of people. One booking leads to more, and more, and that will lead to a more consistent calendar.

Another idea and what really got my business going recently was to host an Open House. This time of year is really good for them too. Make some cookies and have some warm drinks and invite some friends and their friends into your home and encourage them to do some one-stop holiday shopping and you could even consider offering gift wrap. You could have this by December 15, which would guarantee orders would arrive by Christmas. I had an open house in August, and it got me 1 cooking show, 1 fundraiser and 1 catalog show. I have been able to branch off the fundraiser with 2 additional shows, and the cooking show will be in February. ;) My director has a great saying that I think I should share.... "what you do with your business now, will pay off in 90 days". So, basically, if you want your business to eventually thrive, put the effort in now. It may be hard to be patient, but give it 90 days, and it will pay off. That August show, has been paying off for me, and even 180 days later, will continue to pay off.

If you don't get your SS 1, then try extra hard for month 2. I didn't earn any of them, but then again, I signed up and didn't do anything with my business until a few months after I signed. Don't think you can't have a successful Pampered Chef business if you don't earn the Super Starter months. It's just a little extra work.

And don't forget 'You get out of it, what you put into it'. Good luck!

You can most definetly change your SS month..just email a request on CC or call HO. You can change it to Jan. My SS month was Nov, but I didn't get enough orders with my shows...so I had it changed to Dec. I am half way through Dec and have now qualified for my SS month 1 bonus!!! and banked about 300 in the plus bonus! Good luck...call everyone you know...my best show was a cooking show (express) come and go shopping show...everyone loved that there was no 20 min demo..they were able to socialize and look through the catalog and place there orders. EVERYONE who came, ordered!! It was awesome! hang in there!! this site is wonderful for ideas and support. we're all here to help

What did you tell them your reson for changing your ss month? They told me to e-mail an explanation of why I want to change.

My brunch on Friday wasn't so hot either. My host had 11 people rsvp and 4 showed up. I am trying to round up some outside orders, but as of right now it's a $200 show. :(

Thanks for the advice!
Jessica

Hey Jessica.

My SS month 1 is this month. I had some dramatic stuff happen, but nothing you can't learn from. There are some poeple who are ALL for Pampered Chef during the holidays, then there are the people who are only buying for kids or something. Anyhow, it is going to be difficult. I am going to submit my last show tonight and qualify, but I am totally focusing on Jan and Feb. Those are getting booked right now. I am spending the last of Dec to get together themed shows, look up what kinds of discounts I would offer people, and what FUN games to play!

Words of encouragement. It will get better! Just stick to it and you are going to do just fine!!! If you ever need anything you can email me at: [email protected] :D Take Care!

1. How can I stay motivated and positive as a new PC consultant?

It's natural to feel discouraged when starting a new venture, especially when you don't see immediate success. However, it's important to remember that building a successful business takes time and effort. Stay motivated by setting realistic goals, celebrating small victories, and surrounding yourself with a supportive network of fellow consultants and customers.

2. What can I do if my first catalog show didn't generate any orders?

First of all, don't be too hard on yourself. It's not uncommon for a first show to not generate many orders, especially if it was a catalog show. Reach out to your sister and thank her for hosting the show, and ask for any feedback or suggestions she may have. Also, consider offering incentives or discounts for future orders to entice customers to place an order.

3. How can I handle a host who flakes out on a scheduled cooking show?

Unfortunately, there are times when hosts may cancel or reschedule a show. The best way to handle this situation is to politely remind them of their commitment and offer to help them find a new date that works for both of you. If they are unresponsive or continue to flake out, it may be best to focus on finding new hosts who are more committed to hosting a successful show.

4. Is it normal to have a slow start during the holiday season?

Yes, it's very common for sales to be slower during the holidays as people are busy with holiday preparations and may not have extra money to spend. Don't get discouraged; use this time to focus on building your network and planning for future shows. The new year often brings new opportunities for sales and bookings.

5. How can I make the most out of my upcoming show to reach my super starter bonus?

Congratulations on having a definite show scheduled! To make the most out of it, be sure to promote it and invite as many guests as possible. Consider offering a special gift or incentive for guests who bring a friend. During the show, be enthusiastic and highlight the benefits of the products. Follow up with guests after the show to thank them for attending and remind them of any upcoming promotions or specials. With dedication and hard work, you can still reach your super starter bonus goal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Dvhl77
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • 1995tucker
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jeffrey Miller