• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Ugly Taupe Stoneware - A Tale of Regret

It's definitely worth a try. In summary, the speaker earned 3 pieces of stoneware as part of a promotion and chose the taupe color, which they now regret as it is much darker in person. They called to see if they could exchange it, but were told they could not due to it being part of a promotion. They mention their favorite color is cranberry and express disappointment in being stuck with the "ugly" taupe pieces. They also mention the possibility of selling the pieces or trading with someone else. Another speaker suggests keeping track of the receipt or shipping contents page in case of a warranty issue, and also recommends hosting shows to get discounts on desired pieces. They also suggest calling HO again to see if a
vhadley
I earned the 3 pieces of stoneware for signing up last month (yay!!) but sadly I chose the taupe stoneware. Let's just say it's very ugly! It's so much darker in person than in the picture. I called to see if they have an exchange of some sorts if it's not used or anything and they can't exchange it because it was part of a promotion. Funny thing is burgandy/cranberry is my favorite color but I was drawn to the light brown color and now I'm just stuck with 3 stones that I think are soooo ugly! :cry:

what three pieces did you get? Perhaps someone would like to trade?

sorry, I accidentally posted in the wrong area

the deep covered baker, rectangular baker and square

You can always sell them at retail and then order the ones you want...or sell them to another consultant at your discount. I love the cranberry too.

If I sell them to a customer, how would they get the warranty on them?

because you order the cranberry in their name and give them the taupe. If there is ever a warranty issue, I don't think HO will make a big deal out of the color difference.

lt1jane said:
because you order the cranberry in their name and give them the taupe. If there is ever a warranty issue, I don't think HO will make a big deal out of the color difference.

Actually the guarantee does not transfer and HO will notice the difference - for one thing the item numbers are different. I have however given stones that I earned away as a gift and one of them broke in my DIL's oven and they did replace it and send the new one to her home. You could sell it (I recommend at a discount) but if the guarantee is needed you'd have to remember how you got it and you would have to do the return for her. Most stones do not break so you may not have a problem anyway. You can get your cranberry on shows that you host. You can get two of them for 60% off in October and the DCB for 60% off in Nov just by having $150 catalog parties.

Yes...definately keep up with the receipt...or the shipping contents page...so you can return it if you have a problem. I personally have never had a problem with a stone breaking...some of mine are years old. But, it does happen from time to time. Just make sure they know that you will have to return it for them.

I think it's odd that they won't let you exchange it. I understand that it's a promotion, but it's one that involves our products and I would think it could be taken care of. I think I'd call HO again...because fortunately/unfortunately not all CS reps give the same answer. ;)

vhadley said:
I earned the 3 pieces of stoneware for signing up last month (yay!!) but sadly I chose the taupe stoneware. Let's just say it's very ugly! It's so much darker in person than in the picture. I called to see if they have an exchange of some sorts if it's not used or anything and they can't exchange it because it was part of a promotion. Funny thing is burgandy/cranberry is my favorite color but I was drawn to the light brown color and now I'm just stuck with 3 stones that I think are soooo ugly! :cry:
You can ask the next person who orders the taupe if they would exchange with you since it's not been used.

I agree with Amanda--call HO again and hopefully you'll get a different answer from a different rep.

1. Why is my taupe stoneware considered ugly?

The taupe stoneware is considered ugly because of its unappealing color and design. It may not match well with other kitchenware or fit into a specific aesthetic.

2. Can I exchange my ugly taupe stoneware for a different color or design?

Unfortunately, we do not offer exchanges for the taupe stoneware. However, you can reach out to our customer service team for assistance with finding a different product that better suits your needs.

3. Can I return my ugly taupe stoneware for a refund?

Yes, we offer a 30-day satisfaction guarantee for all of our products. You can return your ugly taupe stoneware for a full refund within 30 days of purchase.

4. Is the taupe stoneware still functional despite its appearance?

Yes, the taupe stoneware is still fully functional and can be used for cooking and baking just like our other stoneware products. Its appearance does not affect its performance.

5. Are there any tips for making my ugly taupe stoneware look more appealing?

You can try decorating or painting the stoneware to give it a new look. Another option is to use it for serving dishes or as a decorative piece rather than for cooking. You can also mix and match it with other stoneware to create a unique and eclectic look.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
kristenlee
Replies
Views
gailz2
Replies
Views
Admin Greg