• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Leads Gone Cold: My Struggles with Signing Up for The Body Shop

In summary, the woman attempted to start a home-based business, but was unsuccessful. She approached an acquaintance and asked if she would be interested in hosting a show, and the acquaintance agreed. However, the acquaintance became interested in a different product and decided to go with that instead. The woman tried to get the acquaintance to change her mind, but the acquaintance was uninterested. The woman then tried to get other people to host a show for her, but was unsuccessful. She realized that the six bookings on her agreement were to have two backups in case one person cancelled, and she had already met that requirement. She is only "out" an afternoon of fun and a little cash for some yummy snacks.
pcjulie
I have to admit I don't know what happened...an acquaintance approached me and said she was interested in signing, we met to talk and she came to a show of mine but then decided to go with selling The Body Shop products. I felt like saying "Are you crazy!?", but she said she felt more passionate about that product.
I feel like I've had a number of leads in the last month or so, but none have panned out. My host from Sat. show e-mailed me today with her order and said she had considered signing but when it came to booking the first 6 shows she hit a dead end and decided against it (her own mother told her it was a bad idea!). I called her immediately and tried to get her excitement up again and told her to start asking anyone she talks to about the possibility of hosting a show and if she can get at least 4 she can book a catalog show and open house for herself. Any suggestions on how to help her? Also, she said she though she read somewhere that the 6 bookings had to be in the first 2 Super Starter months. Is she mistaken or have things changed since I signed?
Sorry for the venting, but I feel much better now!:D

I'm not 100% sure about the time restriction on having the 4 shows to qualify. I don't think there is a hard restriction on that, but I don't know. As for her feeling like she came to a dead end for starting bookings.. let her know that she can have a HUGE business grand opening show (or if she's not sure it'll be her business grand opening, have her throw a "PC SPRING FLING") -- tell her to invite EVERYONE she knows.. her family, friends, church members, hairdresser, doctor/dentist office personnel, her kids' teachers and their friends' parents. Encourage everyone invited to bring someone with them (give door prizes or chances to win products). Help her fill out her List of 100 and see where she ends up. Maybe she doesn't have any friends to host for her, but can they give her a referral of someone they think might be interested? Also if she has a grand opening show (at her home or say, at her church or a community location) some might see how much fun a show is and what they get out of hosting, and decide to host themselves! Work with her to do this show before she signs, and she'll get all the bookings from it, as well as the chance to get her kit credit. If she sees that people are wanting to book, she'll be really excited to start her business! Plus she'll see that you're supporting her, so she won't be alone in her business, and she'll be on her way with some bookings under her belt and a nice fat list of clientele.
When I started, I had my mom, sister, mother-in-law, two church members and myself lined up for my six shows.. My mother-in-law never had her show, but I had a friend that did! I think the 6 shows on the agreement is so that you have 2 backups (in case someone bails on their show) so you can attain the 4 shows/$1250 sales mark to qualify.
The bottom line is this: What is she out by trying PC? If she can ask favors of her friends & family (or even her hairdresser, church members or her kids' doctor office staff) to host a business-launching show for her and get the 6 needed to start up, then she's not out anything! With just 4 shows, she's already made back her investment.. so she's only "out" an afternoon of fun and a little cash for some yummy snacks!

pcjulie said:
I feel like I've had a number of leads in the last month or so, but none have panned out. My host from Sat. show e-mailed me today with her order and said she had considered signing but when it came to booking the first 6 shows she hit a dead end and decided against it (her own mother told her it was a bad idea!). I called her immediately and tried to get her excitement up again and told her to start asking anyone she talks to about the possibility of hosting a show and if she can get at least 4 she can book a catalog show and open house for herself. Any suggestions on how to help her? Also, she said she though she read somewhere that the 6 bookings had to be in the first 2 Super Starter months. Is she mistaken or have things changed since I signed?

pcjulie said:
Also, she said she though she read somewhere that the 6 bookings had to be in the first 2 Super Starter months. Is she mistaken or have things changed since I signed?
No, there's no restriction like that. If she doesn't qualify during her SS months, she just loses out on any of the bonuses she could get with $1250 in sales each of the three months. There's no rule about WHEN she has to qualify by, but if she goes inactive for a full year, then she'd have to re-sign to start up again (and pay the start up fee again). That's the only rule about that. She can take as long as she wants to qualify, but if she goes inactive, she loses the sales she's accumulated toward the $15,000 as well as points toward the incentive program. And if she should happen to recruit anybody and go inactive, she loses the recruits too. Hopefully none of that will happen!!:)

RestrictionsI agree with the previous post :) The only true "restriction" is she has to qualify within the first year. Other than that she will lose out on the recruiting special (rectangle platter, etc.) and her super starter stuff.

Did she get any leads from the show you hosted for her? Try calling the guests and asking if they would hold a show for HER, not you. They might want to host after all to help a friend out. When I signed I wanted to know worst case scenario. There is a flyer somewhere on here that showed the commision from the shows paying back the super starter kit money, so really she has nothing to lose!

If a consultant goes inactive before qualifying neither of you get trip points and you don't get the PC $50 (if you're not a director yet) and of course she wouldn't get the bonus kits as stated above.

Do the first six shows all have to be kitchen shows, or can some of them be catalog shows? And, does it count if I do one at my house?

I'm going to sign on next week and have my SS#1 be June. I'm starting off by having a "Mystery Hostess" kitchen show at my house. I have one other confirmed kitchen show booking and one catalog show booked. I have at least two more kitchen show "maybes" that I'm waiting to hear back from.

So, I'm just wondering if a catalog show counts toward the six shows as long as they are $200 in sales.

Thanks,

Beth in PA

Not six, only fourYou only have to do four shows or 1250 in sales to qualify. The agreement asks for six dates that you would like to do shows, but those are not set in stone. Those can be any sort of show, I qualified with a catalog fundraiser. Catalog shows don't have to be $200 to submit either, the just need to be $150 like any other show, it's just that the catalog host doesn't get any free stuff at that level, only the discount. HTH!:)

Are there any stipulations about consultants from other direct sales companies signing with PC?

1. Why are my leads suddenly gone cold?

There could be a few reasons why your leads have gone cold. It could be due to a change in the market, increased competition, or a shift in consumer preferences. It's important to regularly re-evaluate your approach and make adjustments to stay relevant in the industry.

2. How can I improve my lead generation for The Body Shop?

To improve your lead generation for The Body Shop, you could try different marketing strategies such as social media advertising, collaborating with influencers, hosting events, or offering promotions. You could also focus on building strong relationships with your existing customers to encourage them to refer their friends and family.

3. Should I continue to pursue cold leads?

It depends on your specific situation. If the leads have shown interest in The Body Shop in the past or fit your target demographic, it may be worth investing some time and effort into nurturing them. However, if the leads are unresponsive or have no interest, it may be best to focus on warmer leads.

4. How can I keep my leads from going cold in the future?

Consistent communication is key to keeping leads warm. Make sure to follow up with leads regularly and provide them with valuable information and updates about The Body Shop. You could also try diversifying your lead sources to avoid relying on just one channel.

5. Is it normal to experience struggles with signing up for The Body Shop?

Yes, it is not uncommon to experience challenges when signing up for The Body Shop. As with any business, there will be ups and downs, and it's important to stay persistent and adaptable. Reach out to your colleagues or mentors for support and advice, and don't be afraid to try new approaches if something isn't working.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • KarenMarie
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • PamperedK