• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal So... Anyone Else Forget to Call Dad on Fathers Day?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a misunderstanding between a daughter and her father on Father's Day. The daughter had forgotten to call her dad due to a busy weekend and left a quick note on his Facebook page. However, her dad publicly scolded her for not calling. The daughter felt hurt and frustrated, and others in the conversation showed support and understanding. Some also shared their views on greeting card holidays and the importance of showing appreciation for parents all year round. The daughter's relationship with her dad was described as generally good, and it was mentioned that the dad had actually called the daughter on Father's Day. Overall, the conversation ended with hugs and support for the daughter.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
Holidays on the weekend always mess me up. My DH works so it's usually not a big deal. He is not big on that stuff anyway. So, since it was no big deal arround here I totally forgot to call my Dad. Keep in mind I call them at least 1-2 times a month. He (or my step mom) NEVER call me except on my B-day. MOn & Tuesday it was hotter than heck here and we have been frantically trying to finish our bathroom remodel. FF tuesday I remembered and left a quick note on dads Facebook page. Last night he writes back and totally scolds me! For the whole world to see! I am so peeved!

Well I always have been the screw up and dissapointment in the family...

Yes there is alot more background here but I don't feel like writing a novel right now...

Thanks for listening...

Well, I didn't get any Fathers' Day calls at all.Which, come to think of it, is a good thing.

KG - you are the Father of Paiges threads, so HAPPY (late) FATHERS DAY!!!!

Paulette - I totally understand!!! I don't speak to my sperm-doner or the home-wrecker he married for the exact reasons you stated, and some others that should NOT be spoken out loud. Just breath in and out, you aren't a 'bad' daughter!

That stinks that he scolded you publicly. You can delete posts on your FB page, so I would just delete it. :D

Sounds like you already work hard to stay in touch with your dad. Missing a call on one specific greeting card holiday isn't a big deal. Delete the wall post and try to forget it.Disclaimer: I will admit that my views on many greeting card holidays are a little unorthodox. I think Mothers Day and Fathers Day are idiotic. If you can't appreciate your parents all the time, then what good is a single day going to do? People who freak out because they didn't get a call or card don't usually want to face the fact that if they were a better person, they'd receive tokens of appreciation all year. One's sense of personal worth shouldn't be tied to getting a call on the one day people are told they must call. And aren't those "gotta do it" sentiments as empty as the forced apologies from children, anyway?

chefann said:
Sounds like you already work hard to stay in touch with your dad. Missing a call on one specific greeting card holiday isn't a big deal. Delete the wall post and try to forget it.

Disclaimer: I will admit that my views on many greeting card holidays are a little unorthodox. I think Mothers Day and Fathers Day are idiotic. If you can't appreciate your parents all the time, then what good is a single day going to do? People who freak out because they didn't get a call or card don't usually want to face the fact that if they were a better person, they'd receive tokens of appreciation all year. One's sense of personal worth shouldn't be tied to getting a call on the one day people are told they must call. And aren't those "gotta do it" sentiments as empty as the forced apologies from children, anyway?

Thanks Ann and everyone, This is exactly how I feel.

I do have a pretty good relationship with my dad and sepmom. I Love them verry much and know they love me but this made me really mad.

My dad called ME on Father's Day! I think that's the way it should be -- they should be thankful they are fathers!! LOL..... Actually, I was going to call him, he just beat me to it! :)

etteluap70PC said:
Holidays on the weekend always mess me up. My DH works so it's usually not a big deal. He is not big on that stuff anyway. So, since it was no big deal arround here I totally forgot to call my Dad. Keep in mind I call them at least 1-2 times a month. He (or my step mom) NEVER call me except on my B-day. MOn & Tuesday it was hotter than heck here and we have been frantically trying to finish our bathroom remodel. FF tuesday I remembered and left a quick note on dads Facebook page. Last night he writes back and totally scolds me! For the whole world to see! I am so peeved!

Well I always have been the screw up and dissapointment in the family...

Yes there is alot more background here but I don't feel like writing a novel right now...

Thanks for listening...

I'm sorry that your dad publicly scolded you. Not cool in my book. You are not a screw up to me, hon!

Hugs!!! send me a PM so I know how to find you on facebook and I can add you to my friends list if you aren't already there. :)

Kitchen Diva said:
I'm sorry that your dad publicly scolded you. Not cool in my book. You are not a screw up to me, hon!

Hugs!!! send me a PM so I know how to find you on facebook and I can add you to my friends list if you aren't already there. :)

Found you first... ;)

chefann said:
Sounds like you already work hard to stay in touch with your dad. Missing a call on one specific greeting card holiday isn't a big deal. Delete the wall post and try to forget it.

Disclaimer: I will admit that my views on many greeting card holidays are a little unorthodox. I think Mothers Day and Fathers Day are idiotic. If you can't appreciate your parents all the time, then what good is a single day going to do? People who freak out because they didn't get a call or card don't usually want to face the fact that if they were a better person, they'd receive tokens of appreciation all year. One's sense of personal worth shouldn't be tied to getting a call on the one day people are told they must call. And aren't those "gotta do it" sentiments as empty as the forced apologies from children, anyway?

AMEN Chef Ann! Amen! Do we still have to deal with this 30 seconds between postings? You're killin' me Greg... I type UBER fast! ;)

I always seem to get stuck working the "Hallmark holidays."I did see my dad on Father's Day (and gave him a card with money) because he is my only living parent. But I didn't feel a bit of guilt for simply calling my stepmother on mother's day. She's not my mother, point blank, and should know this day is hard for me.

1. What can I do if I forgot to call my dad on Father's Day?

If you forgot to call your dad on Father's Day, don't worry! You can still make it up to him by sending a heartfelt apology and planning a special day to spend together.

2. Is it too late to send a gift or card to my dad for Father's Day?

It's never too late to show your dad some love! You can still send a gift or card after Father's Day to let him know you're thinking of him.

3. Do you have any last-minute gift ideas for Father's Day?

Yes, we have plenty of last-minute gift ideas for Father's Day! Check out our website for a wide selection of grilling tools, kitchen gadgets, and more that are perfect for any dad.

4. Can I use my Pampered Chef products to make a special Father's Day meal?

Absolutely! Our products are perfect for creating a delicious Father's Day meal. Check out our website for recipes and inspiration.

5. How can I make my dad feel appreciated on Father's Day?

There are many ways to make your dad feel appreciated on Father's Day. You can cook him a special meal, give him a thoughtful gift, or simply spend quality time together. Whatever you do, make sure to express your love and gratitude for all he does.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • lesliec
  • General Chat
Replies