• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Missing Items: When to Refund and When to Believe

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant who received a show order and personally sorted it. There were 2 missing items which were already adjusted for, but now the host claims a large bamboo bowl is missing as well. The consultant is frustrated and unsure of what to do, as she remembers seeing the bowl. The host is known to be difficult and the consultant is worried about losing her as a customer. They discuss possible solutions and ultimately decide to put in the adjustment for the missing bowl. The consultant is still annoyed but decides to let it go.
jnsr96
I am so aggravated right now! I got a show order shipped to me and personally sorted it. There were 2 garlic presses missing from the order that I already put in an adjustment for. Everything else was there!!! I dropped off the sorted order, and the host just left a message that a large bamboo bowl is missing from her order... What do I do? I definitely remember seeing it, but do I tell a customer that she is a liar? I guess I will wind up puttingthe adjustment in for it, but it kills me knowing it was there!

Thanks for letting me vent!

jnsr96 said:
I am so aggravated right now! I got a show order shipped to me and personally sorted it. There were 2 garlic presses missing from the order that I already put in an adjustment for. Everything else was there!!! I dropped off the sorted order, and the host just left a message that a large bamboo bowl is missing from her order... What do I do? I definitely remember seeing it, but do I tell a customer that she is a liar? I guess I will wind up puttingthe adjustment in for it, but it kills me knowing it was there!

Thanks for letting me vent!

I would tell that host you double and TRIPLE checked the orders, since you sorted it, and everything was accounted for when it left your hands (except for the garlic presses which I assumed you let her know that at the time of delivery). Also, do you have the itemized packing slips that lists that it was included in the shipment?

did it fall out of the bag in your car?

No, I boxed it...The itemized lists had them as well as the garlic presses though. She is an annoying host to begin with though...Thought she was getting the host speacial for FREE instead of 60% off. Didn't understand why she didn'te receive anything other than a calendar at her show (I paid for all ingredients for 2 recipes instead of giving her another product- which I thought was more than generous!!) Not to mention the fact that she got $173 in free products!

Did I mention that she called HO when I didn't return her call after about 12 hours.

But then again, she is not the type to lie... so I don't know!

Perhaps she placed it somewhere in her home that she forgot about? I wouldn't back down on this one...especially since you are 100% sure it was accounted for and delivered. Or, did she take that up w/ HO when she called them?

Was it going to the Host or a customer? You don't think she would have taken it herself would she? (Since she thought she should have gotten it for Free...maybe she decided she would?)My first thought- if she said it was a Large Bowl...was it the Host special item- which was a Medium Bowl? Maybe she thought it was something else she should be getting?

I should have clarified... She called before her show when I did not return her phone call. She ordered 2 large and 2 medium bamboo bowls for herself. When I sorted the order, everything was accounted for. I emailed her (since it was too late to call last night) and simply said that the order was there when I sorted it. I also flipped it and said "I noticed you ordered 2 bowls, did you mean to order 3?"

Again, she is not the type to lie, but I do get the feeling that she is the type to "always be right" if you know what I mean!

Now I'm 2nd guessing myself here thinking maybe I did mistake it... but I specifically remember the 2 large bowls...:grumpy: frustrating really....

She also wants another show in March and her daughter also booked a show with me in March... I really can't afford to lose them as customers!

Then just take her word for it and do the adjustment.

If she comes back and says no there is no 2nd bowl and I really wanted 2 not 3 I would just suck it up and put in the adjustment. I feel like you've done all you can do short of driving to her house and ransacking the place!

That's what I was thinking... It stil annoys me though!!!

I completely understand, I would be annoyed and upset too, feeling like she's trying to screw the company, but you gotta bless and release- you've done all you can do! Rest easy knowing that.

kdangel518 said:
I completely understand, I would be annoyed and upset too, feeling like she's trying to screw the company, but you gotta bless and release- you've done all you can do! Rest easy knowing that.

Thank you... You put it into perspective for me :)

Just want to let you know that host emailed me today and apologized that large bamboo bowl was in her daughter's possession :) I knew I was right! Glad she knows it now!

jnsr96 said:
Just want to let you know that host emailed me today and apologized that large bamboo bowl was in her daughter's possession :) I knew I was right! Glad she knows it now!

But had you done the adjustment on it yet? Inquiring minds want to know ;)

Glad she fessed up to having it! :D

Of course I did the adjustment... I take customer service seriously :) But I did have it sent to me, just in case!!

jnsr96 said:
Of course I did the adjustment... I take customer service seriously :) But I did have it sent to me, just in case!!

Good for you! You help make our name what it should be, honest and hard working!

1. When should I offer a refund for a missing item?

If a customer reports a missing item in their order, it is important to investigate the issue and determine if the mistake was on our end or if the item was lost or damaged during shipping. If it is determined that the missing item is our error, we should offer a refund or replacement to the customer.

2. What if the customer claims an item is missing but it shows as delivered?

In this situation, it is best to ask the customer for more details about the delivery. They may have accidentally overlooked the item or it could have been delivered to the wrong address. If the item is still missing after further investigation, we should offer a refund or replacement to the customer.

3. How long should I wait before offering a refund for a missing item?

If a customer reports a missing item, we should aim to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. If we can confirm the item was not delivered, we should offer a refund or replacement to the customer within 24-48 hours.

4. What should I do if the missing item is out of stock?

If the item is out of stock and cannot be replaced, we should offer a refund to the customer for the missing item. We can also offer a discount on a future purchase as a gesture of goodwill.

5. How can I prevent missing items from happening in the future?

To prevent missing items, it is important to have a thorough quality control process in place before shipping orders. This includes double-checking all items in the order and properly packaging them for shipping. It is also important to have open communication with the shipping company to ensure all items are delivered accurately and on time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• christinaspc
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
christinaspc
  • slj1229
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cvaccaro
  • Bren706