1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: So Annoying!

1. jnsr96

jnsr96 Member

I am so aggravated right now! I got a show order shipped to me and personally sorted it. There were 2 garlic presses missing from the order that I already put in an adjustment for. Everything else was there!!! I dropped off the sorted order, and the host just left a message that a large bamboo bowl is missing from her order... What do I do? I definitely remember seeing it, but do I tell a customer that she is a liar? I guess I will wind up puttingthe adjustment in for it, but it kills me knowing it was there!

Thanks for letting me vent!

Jan 14, 2010
  2. Liquid Sky

Liquid Sky Advanced Member

I would tell that host you double and TRIPLE checked the orders, since you sorted it, and everything was accounted for when it left your hands (except for the garlic presses which I assumed you let her know that at the time of delivery). Also, do you have the itemized packing slips that lists that it was included in the shipment?

Jan 14, 2010
  3. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

did it fall out of the bag in your car?

Jan 14, 2010
  4. jnsr96

jnsr96 Member

No, I boxed it...The itemized lists had them as well as the garlic presses though. She is an annoying host to begin with though...Thought she was getting the host speacial for FREE instead of 60% off. Didn't understand why she didn'te receive anything other than a calendar at her show (I paid for all ingredients for 2 recipes instead of giving her another product- which I thought was more than generous!!) Not to mention the fact that she got $173 in free products!

Did I mention that she called HO when I didn't return her call after about 12 hours.

But then again, she is not the type to lie... so I don't know!

Jan 14, 2010
  5. Liquid Sky

Liquid Sky Advanced Member

Perhaps she placed it somewhere in her home that she forgot about? I wouldn't back down on this one...especially since you are 100% sure it was accounted for and delivered. Or, did she take that up w/ HO when she called them?

Jan 14, 2010
  6. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Was it going to the Host or a customer? You don't think she would have taken it herself would she? (Since she thought she should have gotten it for Free...maybe she decided she would?)

My first thought- if she said it was a Large Bowl...was it the Host special item- which was a Medium Bowl? Maybe she thought it was something else she should be getting?

Jan 14, 2010
  7. jnsr96

jnsr96 Member

I should have clarified... She called before her show when I did not return her phone call. She ordered 2 large and 2 medium bamboo bowls for herself. When I sorted the order, everything was accounted for. I emailed her (since it was too late to call last night) and simply said that the order was there when I sorted it. I also flipped it and said "I noticed you ordered 2 bowls, did you mean to order 3?"

Again, she is not the type to lie, but I do get the feeling that she is the type to "always be right" if you know what I mean!

Now I'm 2nd guessing myself here thinking maybe I did mistake it... but I specifically remember the 2 large bowls...:grumpy: frustrating really....

She also wants another show in March and her daughter also booked a show with me in March... I really can't afford to lose them as customers!

Jan 15, 2010
  8. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Then just take her word for it and do the adjustment.

Jan 15, 2010
  9. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

If she comes back and says no there is no 2nd bowl and I really wanted 2 not 3 I would just suck it up and put in the adjustment. I feel like you've done all you can do short of driving to her house and ransacking the place!

Jan 15, 2010
  10. jnsr96

jnsr96 Member

That's what I was thinking... It stil annoys me though!!!

Jan 15, 2010
  11. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

I completely understand, I would be annoyed and upset too, feeling like she's trying to screw the company, but you gotta bless and release- you've done all you can do! Rest easy knowing that.

Jan 15, 2010
  12. jnsr96

jnsr96 Member

Thank you... You put it into perspective for me :)

Jan 15, 2010
  13. jnsr96

jnsr96 Member

Just want to let you know that host emailed me today and apologized that large bamboo bowl was in her daughter's possession :) I knew I was right! Glad she knows it now!

Jan 17, 2010
  14. darlinclem

darlinclem Advanced Member Gold Member

But had you done the adjustment on it yet? Inquiring minds want to know ;)

Jan 17, 2010
  15. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

Glad she fessed up to having it! :D

Jan 17, 2010
  16. jnsr96

jnsr96 Member

Of course I did the adjustment... I take customer service seriously :) But I did have it sent to me, just in case!!

Jan 18, 2010
  17. lovescooking

lovescooking Member Gold Member

Proud of you for that one! :)

Jan 18, 2010
  18. darlinclem

darlinclem Advanced Member Gold Member

Good for you! You help make our name what it should be, honest and hard working!

Jan 18, 2010
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted