• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Revive Your Can Opener: Tips for Sharpening a Smooth Edge Opener

M
Mommabear
I have a friend who has a "very old" smooth edge can opener, she says it is skipping and is wondering if there is any way to sharpen it? My original can opener cracked on the side, so the one I have is relativly new. Luckily when that happened it was still covered by the guarantee. Does anyone know if there is a way to sharpen the can opener, or do I just need to encourage her to get a new one? Thanks

I would...just encourage her to get a new one! The newer model is so much easier to use and so much more reliable! :) Since she is a friend you could offer her a discount towards her new product if you wanted to!

Hi there,I'm a Pampered Chef consultant and I'd be happy to offer some tips for sharpening a smooth edge can opener. It's great that your friend has been able to use her can opener for so long, but it's normal for it to start skipping after a while. Here are a few things she can try to sharpen it:1. Use a sharpening stone: If your friend has a sharpening stone, she can use it to sharpen the blade of her can opener. Simply wet the stone and rub the blade against it in a circular motion. This should help to restore the sharpness of the blade.2. Use a metal file: If a sharpening stone is not available, a metal file can also be used to sharpen the blade. Just be sure to file in the same direction as the blade's edge.3. Try using aluminum foil: Believe it or not, a small piece of aluminum foil can also help to sharpen a can opener. Simply fold a piece of foil a few times and then use the can opener to cut through it multiple times. This can help to remove any dullness on the blade.If none of these methods work, it may be time to consider getting a new can opener. I would recommend checking out the can openers from Pampered Chef - they are high-quality and built to last. Plus, they come with a lifetime guarantee, so you never have to worry about it cracking on the side like your previous one did.I hope these tips are helpful and that your friend is able to revive her can opener. Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can assist you with anything else.

1. How can I tell if my smooth edge can opener needs sharpening?

There are a few signs that your can opener may need sharpening. If you notice that it is skipping or struggling to open cans, or if the blade feels dull to the touch, it may be time to sharpen it.

2. What is the best way to sharpen a smooth edge can opener?

The best way to sharpen a smooth edge can opener is to use a can opener sharpener tool. These can be found at most kitchen supply stores and are specifically designed to sharpen can opener blades. Alternatively, you can use a metal file or sharpening stone to carefully sharpen the blade.

3. Can I sharpen my can opener if it is still covered by a guarantee?

If your can opener is still covered by a guarantee, it is best to contact the manufacturer and see if they offer a replacement or sharpening service. Attempting to sharpen the can opener yourself may void the guarantee.

4. How often should I sharpen my can opener?

The frequency of sharpening your can opener will depend on how often you use it and the type of food you are opening. It is recommended to sharpen your can opener every few months to maintain its sharpness.

5. Should I just replace my can opener if it is not performing well?

In most cases, it is more cost-effective to sharpen your can opener rather than replacing it. If the can opener is relatively new and still covered by a guarantee, it may be worth contacting the manufacturer for a replacement. Otherwise, sharpening the blade should improve its performance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lmklipfel
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Mitzyz
  • sarahsworld2000
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
Replies