• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Your Smooth Edge Can Opener: Warranty and Blade Sharpening Tips

B
bethelliot
I had potential customer ask me about the smooth edge can opener. She bought it 4 years ago so the warranty is up. She asked if there was any way to sharpen the blade. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Beth--I've never heard of it going dull. I would contact the HO about this question.

Funny this topic came up. At both of my last two shows (unrelated shows), I have had someone with problems with their can opener, now out of warranty. Both complaining of it not cutting all the way through.

You know my can opener hasn't been working as well for the past couple of weeks either. I just got it last year. So I was thinking of calling HO and seeing if I can get a new one. Customers love to see a demo of the can opener and I would be embarassed if it didn't work right.

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I am happy to assist you with your question about the smooth edge can opener. Unfortunately, once the warranty is up, we do not have the option to sharpen the blade. However, I would suggest looking into our new and improved smooth edge can opener, which has a self-sharpening blade that will last for years to come. Thank you for considering Pampered Chef products and please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. Happy cooking!

1. Can the smooth edge can opener be sharpened?

Unfortunately, the smooth edge can opener cannot be sharpened. The blades are designed to stay sharp for the lifetime of the product and cannot be resharpened.

2. Is the warranty still valid after 4 years?

No, the warranty for the smooth edge can opener is only valid for the first year after purchase. After that, any repairs or replacements will need to be paid for by the customer.

3. Can I purchase a replacement blade for my smooth edge can opener?

Yes, replacement blades are available for purchase from the manufacturer. However, keep in mind that the blades are designed to last for a long time and may not need to be replaced for several years.

4. How can I maintain the sharpness of the blade on my smooth edge can opener?

To keep your smooth edge can opener's blade sharp, make sure to clean it after each use and avoid using it on tough or hard-to-open cans. Also, avoid putting it in the dishwasher as this can dull the blade.

5. Is it safe to use a dull blade on my smooth edge can opener?

No, it is not safe to use a dull blade on your smooth edge can opener. Not only will it make it difficult to open cans, but it can also increase the risk of injury. It is important to replace the blade or purchase a new can opener if the blade becomes dull.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahsworld2000
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • Mommabear
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Tash
  • lmklipfel