• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Fishy Smell from Stoneware Bar Pan

In summary, to remove the fishy smell from a stoneware bar pan, soak it in a mixture of warm water and white vinegar, then scrub with baking soda and water. Avoid using soap to clean the pan and instead use a mixture of baking soda and water or a paste of water and salt. Clean the pan after each use and use natural cleaning solutions such as white vinegar, baking soda, or lemon juice. To prevent lingering smells, thoroughly clean and dry the pan after use and consider rubbing it with a cut lemon or sprinkling it with baking soda before storing.
sedona
Here's a stumper!

I have a guest who baked salmon in her stoneware bar pan. She claims she's tried everything but soap to remove the fishy smell to no avail. I suggested rubbing pan with lemon, but she says she's tried that.

Any suggestions? Can she try a baking soda paste, or will that leave a bitter residue?

Janis Ferrante

Yes she can do the baking soda paste. HO says to do that but only once in a while. Hope that helps! :)

Also have her bake a couple batches of crescent rolls in there. See if that helps get the smell out. I've used my stones for salmon before and I've never had that problem.

1. How do I remove the fishy smell from my stoneware bar pan?

To remove the fishy smell from your stoneware bar pan, you can try soaking it in a mixture of warm water and white vinegar for about 30 minutes. Then, scrub the pan with a mixture of baking soda and water. Rinse well and dry completely.

2. Can I use soap to clean my stoneware bar pan?

No, we do not recommend using soap to clean your stoneware bar pan as it can leave a residue that can affect the taste of your food. Instead, use a mixture of baking soda and water or a paste of equal parts water and salt to scrub the pan clean.

3. How often should I clean my stoneware bar pan?

It is important to clean your stoneware bar pan after each use to prevent any lingering smells or flavors. If you notice a fishy smell after cleaning, you may need to repeat the cleaning process or try using a stronger solution such as a mixture of warm water and lemon juice.

4. Can I use bleach to clean my stoneware bar pan?

No, we do not recommend using bleach to clean your stoneware bar pan as it can damage the surface and affect the taste of your food. Stick to using natural cleaning solutions such as white vinegar, baking soda, or lemon juice.

5. How can I prevent the fishy smell from lingering on my stoneware bar pan?

To prevent the fishy smell from lingering on your stoneware bar pan, make sure to thoroughly clean and dry it after each use. You can also try rubbing the pan with a cut lemon or sprinkling it with baking soda before storing it to help absorb any remaining odors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Traci loves tocook
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • mrshamel3808
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • ChefKeender