• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Smart Post--Do You Think They'll Return to Fed Ex??

In summary, Smart Post has been slow in the past, and it seems like it has gotten slower in the past few months.
gailz2
Gold Member
I have to say that I have never been a fan of Smart Post. Somehow my shipments from various companies not only take FOREVER, but I have had two different shipments get lost--one was never found from LL Bean, and the other took a month to get to me after a tracking was put on it from Connecting Threads.

I have two non-commission orders in, one is Kit Enhancement that I ordered 4/2 (including the new Mkt. Bag which I wanted to show this month), it was shipped 4/10, and is due to arrive 4/16--I'll believe it when I see it. The other is a Personal Order placed 4/9, shipped 4/10, due 4/17.

I dream for the days when our shipments will return to Fed Ex (the personal order even includes a QSP!).

I've never had an order from PC not arrive, even sent smartpost. Could it be an issue at your post office?

My kit enhancement I also ordered 4/2 and got it 4/11 and I only live 2 hrs from HO.
It seems like we will have to have more patience for shipments.

Well, if the Post Office goes under, then yes, they'll have to get rid of "Smart"Post. ;)

Like DebPC I too am only two hours from HO and Smart Posts always take about 7 or 8 days to get to me as well. BUT our neighborhood has always had problems with our post office. Our entire neighborhood did not get mail yesterday for example! No kidding - no one - not one of the 173 homes in a 6 block "block". We get whom ever shows up back at the post office first if it is before 3 p.m. so... So Patience is a virtue! If they only knew about Smart Post when that was written!

"Slow Post" (aka Smartpost) is a service of FedEx. I ordered a catty tote that shipped 3/30. It had shown an expected delivery date of 4/11. I finally received it this morning. It sat at a location 2 hours away for 6 days! (at least according to the tracking page). I had a Brownie Pan on my kit enhancement order (received the rest of the order on Wed) that shipped 4/10 and the expected delivery date is 4/18 (via smartpost), and I most likely won't get it til 4/19. Very frustrating.

Seems like it has gotten slower - I used to get slowpost deliveries in 7 days but you all are showing even longer times. Ugg.

Too bad they don't give you WI an IL consultants the option of picking things up yourself if you feel the cost of gas is worth getting things faster. lol

It seems to me that if they were trying to save costs, it would be better just to use the US Postal Service OUTRIGHT, vs FedEx's lame excuse for service. They can do the Flat-Rate shipping for what WE are paying for the shipping anyway! Anything that doesn't fit into those boxes, should go FedEx regular.Just my opinion- not that it would matter in this case. I get my SmartPost items just fine...but yes, it is slower.

1. What is Smart Post and how does it differ from regular shipping methods?

Smart Post is a shipping service that combines the efficiency of FedEx with the final delivery by the United States Postal Service. This allows for cost-effective shipping rates and faster delivery times.

2. Why did Smart Post switch from using FedEx to USPS for final delivery?

The decision to switch to USPS for final delivery was made in order to improve delivery times and reduce costs for our customers. This also allows for more flexibility in delivery locations, such as delivering to PO boxes and military addresses.

3. Will Smart Post ever return to using only FedEx for delivery?

At this time, we do not have any plans to return to using only FedEx for delivery. We are constantly evaluating our shipping methods to ensure the best possible service for our customers.

4. Is there a difference in tracking capabilities between Smart Post and regular FedEx shipments?

Yes, there is a difference in tracking capabilities. With Smart Post, tracking is available through both FedEx and USPS, while regular FedEx shipments can only be tracked through FedEx.

5. What should I do if I have an issue with my Smart Post delivery?

If you have any issues with your Smart Post delivery, please reach out to our customer service team. They will be able to assist you and help resolve any problems you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • mandydollie
  • General Chat