• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring the Uses of SRB: A Comprehensive Guide

400 degrees for about 20 minutes.What temperature do you set the oven for when you cook just the bacon? How long?I usually do it at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
pkd09
Silver Member
Has anyone put anything together on uses for SRB?

I was just looking for the same thing!

Personally I think the picture in the catalog says it all. Bacon, bacon, bacon! You can add meatloaf and ham to your list, but 6 minutes to perfect, crispy, not soaked in grease bacon. What more do you need?!

If you haven't tried it, you need to. Your personal experience will give you the enthusiasm to sell the SRB. It really appeals to men too, cuz men and bacon...
My husband says it is hands down the best product PC has ever come out with, ever. And our house has 20+ years of PC products in it.

Is that 6 minutes on high in the microwave? That is great. (I personally don't have a microwave -- it's a hubby thing -- but this will be a great selling point.) Thank-you.
I did do the meatballs in the microwave at a party - - came out great.

The bacon aspect of it is great, I agree, but I like to offer additional uses for things because a lot of people are looking for things that have multiple uses. Otherwise it feels like a gadget that's a one-trick pony. KWIM? ;)I tell people it's great when you are cooking things that give off juices and you don't want your food sitting in it. Like meatballs, meatloaf, even chicken.

I made the best baked chicken in my SRB last night! I mixed bread crumbs and grated parm (sorry - eyeballed it, no measurements) dipped the chicken breast in egg whites and then into the bread crumb mixtures. Spritzed them with some olive oil and baked them in my SRB. SO good, and so easy! The breading actually stayed on the WHOLE chicken breast because the bottom wasn't sitting in the juices.

My only complaint - I could only bake 2 breasts. I'm really hoping that since the description of this one reads "Small" that there's a "Large" one in our future!!

Bacon is the big seller with me. I also like how it bakes apples for apple pie. I've never had that result in my oven. A friend of mine uses it in her toaster oven for steak. I think it would be really good for bacon wrapped little smokies!

Apples for apple pie in the SRB? Do you bake your apples before you put them in a pie crust? Curious....:confused:

I actually make the Mile High Apple Pie, (I know, not really apple pie) but they come out amazing! I bet it would be great fr actual apple pie, and better than the canned filling

I took a package of crackers, crushed them with the food chopper, mixed in some Lemon Pepper rub, coated my chicken & baked it in the ridged baker. It was soooooo good. Tried it again a few nights later with the Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic ... not as good. Stick with the Lemon Pepper Rub! LOLETA: Both of my children have an egg allergy, so I dipped in melted "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter", then the crumb mix, then the butter, then the crumb mix. Got a good thick coat on there that way.

I think we add bacon to almost every recipe we make it hope. The other night it was panini's, tonight it was chipolte shrimp....and everything had BACON in it. It's dangerous to be able to make bacon in just a few minutes.

What temperature do you set the oven for when you cook just the bacon? How long?

5 minutes in the microwave. Add 30 seconds if necessary.

dini2550 said:
What temperature do you set the oven for when you cook just the bacon? How long?

For bacon in the oven, I usually do 400 for 20 minutes. But I haven't done it in the ridged baker, so I don't know if you'd do it the same time.

Thanks for some new suggestions guys! I earned the SRB last summer with my new fall products, and because I haven't really found anything else besides bacon and apples to cook in it, I haven't used it a whole lot. My family is still small enough (hubby, me, and 21-month-old son) that we could easily do breaded chicken in it. I also have a recipe for Pepper-Jack cheese stuffed Southwestern Meatballs that could possibly do really well in there. They sort of fell apart in the skillet the last time I made them...

Great! Am using these and a couple of others to make a flyer!

Anyone have times for the chicken breasts listed above?

byrd1956 said:
Anyone have times for the chicken breasts listed above?

I haven't done it in the SRB but I always do my chicken breast on my bar pan, I usually have perfect chicken at 350 for 35 - 40 minutes.

Can anyone suggest a cleaning method for the SRB other than the typical hot water and scraper? If you do meatloaf in it, those ridges aren't the easiest to clean out. Anyone try the handle of the grill pan scraper? I have a customer that just ordered it and said she spent 30 minutes trying to "clean" it. I told her that you don't need to get ever mark or spot off it, but her OCD husband was standing over her expecting that!!!

I use mine regularly and clean it with warm water and a dish clothe. Once it's pretty well clean, I put some baking soda on it, scrub around with the dish clothe and it comes out great. Compared to all my other stones (except the muffin pan stone) it takes longer, but this method is actually fairly quick and easy. The muffin pan is the most time consuming!

yankfan24 said:
Can anyone suggest a cleaning method for the SRB other than the typical hot water and scraper? If you do meatloaf in it, those ridges aren't the easiest to clean out. Anyone try the handle of the grill pan scraper? I have a customer that just ordered it and said she spent 30 minutes trying to "clean" it. I told her that you don't need to get ever mark or spot off it, but her OCD husband was standing over her expecting that!!!

Mine looks like new and I use it a lot. I use one of those green scotch scrubbies and it works like a charm. I don't suggest using it on a brand new stone though as it will leave green marks before the stone is started to season but after using the stone a couple times this is the fastest and easiest thing I have found.

yankfan24 said:

For stuff like that, I usually let it sit for a bit with hot water in it to loosen things up. I have a scrubby-pad just for my stones (no soap on it), so I can use that to get in there.

And yes- not every spot will come off....stones will season and get that way. I'd be sure to tell her. Hopefully next time she washes dishes, her DH isn't anywhere near. :D

yankfan24 said:

Tell her that he can clean it? ;)

yankfan24 said:

I use our scrub brush...It cleans that and the DCB SOOOO EASILY!!! That would be a great add on item during checouts too

Just wanted to add that my husband just made some brats and sausages in my SRB over the weekend, they were fantastic and no sitting in grease!

I wonder how the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush would work to clean it. I love using that on my stones.

chefheidi2003 said:
I wonder how the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush would work to clean it. I love using that on my stones.

That is what I use, and it works perfectly. I also use it in the DCS and bar pans b/c it gets into the ridges and edges so much better

JennyJennJen said:
That is what I use, and it works perfectly. I also use it in the DCS and bar pans b/c it gets into the ridges and edges so much better

Funny thing is. I have been selling for 8 years..and never had the cleaning brush until I started dating my husband. about 3 years ago. Now I laugh because it is the easiest way to clean them in my opinion.

Easy Clean Kitchen Brush!

KateInTheKitchen said:
Tell her that he can clean it? ;)

HAHAHA...it's actually my BOSS, so I didn't want to say...well, I use the kitchen brush to clean all my stones and her think that I'm trying to sell her MORE. But she's never owned a stone before and was just trying to follow the care & use guide. She's just afraid she'd going to "hurt" it!!

Thanks to all that have given suggestions.

reneeg18 said:
Thanks for some new suggestions guys! I earned the SRB last summer with my new fall products, and because I haven't really found anything else besides bacon and apples to cook in it, I haven't used it a whole lot. My family is still small enough (hubby, me, and 21-month-old son) that we could easily do breaded chicken in it. I also have a recipe for Pepper-Jack cheese stuffed Southwestern Meatballs that could possibly do really well in there. They sort of fell apart in the skillet the last time I made them...

Yummy! can you share the meatball recipe?

Is there a meatloaf recipe for the SRB? For some reason, I have it in my head that there is. But I can't find it. I was thinking of making meatloaf tonight to go with french fries (I just got my french fry slicer). Can anyone point me in the right direction? I guess I could do it in the DCB but I hardly ever use the SRB so I thought finding a new recipe for it would help me love it and promo it more. Thanks.

You can use any meatloaf recipe but if you're going to make meatloaf, make the best one ever- SOUTHWESTERN MEATLOAF! You can download it from CC since it's from an old S/B. Just shape it and put it in the srb. YOu could tent it with foil to keep it from splashing.

yankfan24 said:
HAHAHA...it's actually my BOSS, so I didn't want to say...well, I use the kitchen brush to clean all my stones and her think that I'm trying to sell her MORE. But she's never owned a stone before and was just trying to follow the care & use guide. She's just afraid she'd going to "hurt" it!!

Thanks to all that have given suggestions.

I'd be honest with her and say, "Honestly, what I love to use the most and works really well is our Kitchen Brush. It has a long handle that helps keep my hands out of the hot water, and it does a super job. Another thing I've heard other stoneware users will use is a scrubbie sponge--just dedicated to scrubbing their stones (so it won't be soapy)." This way you're letting her know your preference and that we do have something perfect for the job, but then are mentioning an inexpensive option that isn't a sale for you.

BethCooks4U said:
Mine looks like new and I use it a lot. I use one of those green scotch scrubbies and it works like a charm. I don't suggest using it on a brand new stone though as it will leave green marks before the stone is started to season but after using the stone a couple times this is the fastest and easiest thing I have found.

Beth I understand what you mean about leaving marks. I did come across scotch scrubby pads that are the same color as the stoneware. Those might be perfect if you can find some. I bought mine at Walmart I believe.

Tracy99 said:
Is there a meatloaf recipe for the SRB? For some reason, I have it in my head that there is. But I can't find it. I was thinking of making meatloaf tonight to go with french fries (I just got my french fry slicer). Can anyone point me in the right direction? I guess I could do it in the DCB but I hardly ever use the SRB so I thought finding a new recipe for it would help me love it and promo it more. Thanks.

I tried a meatloaf in the SRB and we found it hard to remove from the pan because of the ridges. Now,I admit that we sliced it in the pan so I'm thinking if we took it out of the pan with a large spatula before cutting it we might like it better...

I make sausage balls in my SRB

Are those like meatballs but you use sausage instead of ground meat?

I love my SRB, even if I am on number 3 (oh well, love the guarantee!). I use the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush to clean it with hot water. Comes out great with minimal elbow "grease". We have cooked chicken breasts, a small prime rib, an eye of the round roast and breakfast sausage (in the oven) too. We always do bacon in a frying pan, but now I am going to have to try doing this in the microwave... I am also thinking that roasting asparagus would be great in it... Asparagus will be in season here in Ontario soon so I will have to try it now :)

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Tean94