• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spring/Summer Cooking In A Small Kitchen: No Heat Needed!

In summary, the small kitchen will not be conducive to cooking on the show. However, two recipes that do not require heat can be done. The Avocado Salsa and the Tropical Torte with Pineapple.
pampchef.angel
I have a show in May and the host's kitchen is VERY small and the layout of the home will not be show friendly to cook. Can anyone suggest a couple of good spring/summer recipes that we can do that don't require heat ;)

You can do a desert that is assembly only. The Tropical Torte with Pineapple in the Season's best is a no-bake one.

Either of the two new dessert do not require heat. They are no bake recipes.

Avocado Salsa is really good too. I sold a ton of Mix n Masher last time I did that. We mashed instead of diced. It's supposed to go in tortilla cups you make, but I just use tortilla chips. One cutting board and one mixing bowl. Then I put in in a SA bowl or cup.

Anything in the Trifle Bowl and an old fav of mine is the Clubhouse Chicken Squares and I bake the crust at my house the night before and just take the hosts' crescent rolls home to replenish mine.

Be sure to say, at the show, how versital your business is. Being able to work is such a cute home, making the most of your space with all of our product being so easy to find a home for, etc.
I have found that by talking up the small kitchen/house I am complimenting the Host and showing the guests that I can work anywhere, in any enviroment and with this business they can too.
Good luck!!

PS If there isn't a lot of room to display things I pass stuff around during the show.

Crystal Patton said:
Be sure to say, at the show, how versital your business is. Being able to work is such a cute home, making the most of your space with all of our product being so easy to find a home for, etc.
I have found that by talking up the small kitchen/house I am complimenting the Host and showing the guests that I can work anywhere, in any enviroment and with this business they can too.
Good luck!!

Good point!

I have an extremely small, galley kitchen. I am not joking when I say you can stand in the middle and touch the refrigerator, stove, microwave, sink and dishwasher without taking a step!

That beng said, I think at any show you do, space is at a premium. It's nearly impossible to have an ideal layout/setup where everything you do and all the guests will fit in the same room. I almost always have food cook in one place while I'm in another room continuing the show with the guests. I have the host help shuttle items back and forth between the demo area and the kitchen. I do try to keep it simple, though.

Two favorites, that are really simple and require a minimum amout of shuttling are the Beef Enchilada Casserole from 29 min. to Dinner, which features the DCB and the Sausage & Pepper Biscuit Frittata from the F/W 2008 SBRC, using the 12 in. Executive Skillet. And of course, I think you can never go wrong with one of the 12 min. micro cakes in the Stoneware Fluted Pan. It's very quick, easy and big on the WOW factor!

Thanks so much to all of you!!! Great ideas!

1. What are some easy, no-heat recipes for the spring and summer months?

Some popular no-heat recipes for the spring and summer include salads, sandwiches, and chilled soups. Other options include fruit and vegetable platters, wraps, and smoothies. These dishes are perfect for warm weather and require little to no cooking.

2. How can I make the most of a small kitchen during the spring and summer?

When cooking in a small kitchen, organization is key. Utilize vertical space by hanging pots, pans, and utensils. Use stackable storage containers for dry goods and invest in multi-functional tools like a food processor or immersion blender. Also, consider cooking outside on a grill or using small appliances like a slow cooker or toaster oven.

3. Are there any tips for incorporating fresh produce into my spring and summer meals?

Absolutely! Take advantage of seasonal fruits and vegetables by adding them to your meals. Use fresh herbs to add flavor and brightness to dishes. Try grilling or roasting produce for a delicious and healthy side dish. And don't forget to wash and store produce properly to keep it fresh longer.

4. Can you suggest some no-heat desserts for spring and summer?

Sure! No-heat desserts are perfect for warm weather. You can make a refreshing fruit salad, a parfait with layers of yogurt, fruit, and granola, or a no-bake cheesecake. Another option is to freeze fruit or yogurt for a cool and healthy treat. And don't forget about popsicles - you can make them with fresh fruit and juice for a delicious and guilt-free dessert.

5. How can I plan and prep meals for the week without using heat in my small kitchen?

Meal planning and prepping can save time and energy in a small kitchen. Start by choosing recipes that require little to no cooking. Make a grocery list and shop for ingredients that can be used in multiple dishes. Prep ingredients in advance, such as washing and chopping produce, to make cooking easier. And consider using a slow cooker or no-cook recipes for quick and easy meals throughout the week.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 2crazyboys
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jzramom
Replies
Views
Funkifolkart
  • AshleyAllison
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies