1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Small kitchen

1. pampchef.angel

pampchef.angel Member

I have a show in May and the host's kitchen is VERY small and the layout of the home will not be show friendly to cook. Can anyone suggest a couple of good spring/summer recipes that we can do that don't require heat ;)

2. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

You can do a desert that is assembly only. The Tropical Torte with Pineapple in the Season's best is a no-bake one.

3. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Either of the two new dessert do not require heat. They are no bake recipes.

Apr 3, 2009
  4. Jules711

Jules711 Veteran Member Silver Member

Avocado Salsa is really good too. I sold a ton of Mix n Masher last time I did that. We mashed instead of diced. It's supposed to go in tortilla cups you make, but I just use tortilla chips. One cutting board and one mixing bowl. Then I put in in a SA bowl or cup.

Apr 3, 2009
  5. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

Anything in the Trifle Bowl and an old fav of mine is the Clubhouse Chicken Squares and I bake the crust at my house the night before and just take the hosts' crescent rolls home to replenish mine.

Apr 4, 2009
  6. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

Be sure to say, at the show, how versital your business is. Being able to work is such a cute home, making the most of your space with all of our product being so easy to find a home for, etc.
    I have found that by talking up the small kitchen/house I am complimenting the Host and showing the guests that I can work anywhere, in any enviroment and with this business they can too.
    Good luck!!

PS If there isn't a lot of room to display things I pass stuff around during the show.

7. CathyP

CathyP Member Gold Member

Good point!

I have an extremely small, galley kitchen. I am not joking when I say you can stand in the middle and touch the refrigerator, stove, microwave, sink and dishwasher without taking a step!

That beng said, I think at any show you do, space is at a premium. It's nearly impossible to have an ideal layout/setup where everything you do and all the guests will fit in the same room. I almost always have food cook in one place while I'm in another room continuing the show with the guests. I have the host help shuttle items back and forth between the demo area and the kitchen. I do try to keep it simple, though.

Two favorites, that are really simple and require a minimum amout of shuttling are the Beef Enchilada Casserole from 29 min. to Dinner, which features the DCB and the Sausage & Pepper Biscuit Frittata from the F/W 2008 SBRC, using the 12 in. Executive Skillet. And of course, I think you can never go wrong with one of the 12 min. micro cakes in the Stoneware Fluted Pan. It's very quick, easy and big on the WOW factor!

Apr 5, 2009
  8. pampchef.angel

pampchef.angel Member

Thanks so much to all of you!!! Great ideas!

Have something to add?