• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What recipes can I use with small batter bowls for a gift?

In summary, the small batter bowl can be used with any Cookie-in-a-Jar recipe that people use for mason jars.
babywings76
Gold Member
I am looking for any recipes you guys might have to go with the small batter bowl. I found the Celebrate Recipes for the batter bowl gifts flyer. But are there any other recipe variations out there?

Can I just use any Cookies in a Jar recipe that people use for mason jars? Or is the volume wrong and it won't fit or not fill it enough?

Yes- Cookie-in-a-Jar recipes will work too. The small batter bowl holds 1 qt just like a quart jar. So 'google' away on those recipes and you'll find more than you can dream of.http://www.christmas-cookies.com/recipes/giftsinjar.html

Great, that's what I was hoping would be the case. :) I'm asking my kids to find out what their teachers favorite cookies are. Then hopefully I'll put something together that they'll be excited about.

My stepmother use to keep a mix for us to snack on; salted peanuts, plain M&M's, and raisins. I am making homemade goodie baskets for my family this year and bought the small batter bowl to include in the basket; I am going to put either the mix she used to make in it or chocolate covered ritz bits crackers.

yep, any 1 quart jar recipe will work!

I'm wondering, has anyone ever made & sold these? How much do you sell them for & what's the response? I'm thinking about marketing these to the girls at work who said they want pc gifts. I'm also thinking about using this for an upcoming booth.

I have this one that I found on here.

Attachments

• Drink%20Mix%20Recipes%20for%20Small%20Batter%20Bowl%20Holiday%20Gift%20Ideas[1].doc
    26 KB · Views: 679
Bumping for more input. Love you cheffers!! :)

I seem to remember others having made these to sell at craft fairs, but I can't remember who. There should be some other threads on it. Have you tried a search?A lot of places near me that sell crafty things make those gifts in a jar soup or cookie mixes. So you could maybe do a search (or I could find some near me and tell you how much people are asking) and go off of those prices and add more for the value of the batter bowl.I made some for teacher gifts and they were well received. I don't know if I'd want to take the time to make up a bunch to sell off, though. I'd rather make a display of some great PC items that can be grouped together for gifts, or make a sample of the batter bowl gift thing and giving them the idea of how they could assemble one themselves.

I found a few threads & finally just found one that had a price with it-$25 but it came with the a tool that was also called for in the recipe. I'm wondering if that's enough to charge. I'll have to figure out what I have in it I guess.I'm considering just making a few for the booth I'm doing & then collecting orders & hand delivering them since it's local. For the people at work, I'll obviously just take them to work with me. I've got a lot to think about, including how I'm going to convince DH this is a good idea. Maybe it won't be that hard.I'm still in search of other gift ideas if anyone has any. :)

Tropicalburstqt2 said:
I found a few threads & finally just found one that had a price with it-$25 but it came with the a tool that was also called for in the recipe. I'm wondering if that's enough to charge. I'll have to figure out what I have in it I guess.

I'm considering just making a few for the booth I'm doing & then collecting orders & hand delivering them since it's local. For the people at work, I'll obviously just take them to work with me.

I've got a lot to think about, including how I'm going to convince DH this is a good idea. Maybe it won't be that hard.

I'm still in search of other gift ideas if anyone has any. :)

I did the math on the 25 $$ flyer, and the consultant is barely breaking even, if you consider the cost of ingredients, but it doesn't account for her time at all....I thought about using a lesser cost tool, but the ones she used are the most appropriate. On the other hand, I don't know if people would pay more for it....
I think I'm going to make a couple as raffle items for the faire I will do in November, and also to market a "class" where people will make them, maybe 6-10 folks, the price will include the cost of the batter bowl, and some extra for ingredients. At the same time, we'll make it a party--tools and tasting kind of idea, with chicken your way and some dips with the sauces, hopefully they'll buy more batter bowls and other products too.

I love the idea of the batterbowl gifts, too.

I don't think I'm going to include the tools with it but will be mentioning the tools as "compliments" to the gift. I'm hoping & thinking ill be able to sale a hundred or so.:)When should I start marketing this? If I did it sooner? I could do an 'advanced sell" discount & then just make & deliver closer to christmas.

This is a very interesting concept. I love crafts :-D - I am not sure I am confident that it will sell that well up here. Maybe I will start by making just 5 and see how it goes.

I was thinking of making some liqueurs (such as kahlua) for Christmas gifts, but wondered where I'd find good bottles. I think using SBBs would be great!I love the Drink Mix Recipes, but wonder if they wouldn't be better for the Coffee & More Mugs.

Eerr - My brain has been going a mile a minute - I asked some friends and they like the idea. BUT - then I looked on here ans saw some posts from 2006 saying HO does not like it. Does anyone know if it is still against rules to sell these, or can we only bring them as gift ideas?

I'm going to do it. HO actually has some printed material from 2007 (I believe). You can find it if you google "batter bowl mixes". Hope that helps.

I'm going to make up one example and have a flyer with other options for the mixes and take orders. I have a monthly booth and 2 others this fall so it's a great opportunity but I'm not going to make up a bunch. I would want the ingredients fresh.

2 Questions on this...
1. Is there a special way you have to order a larger quantity of these?
2. Is there some rule about selling food at fairs or shows?

Any thoughts on doing this as a fundraiser? I was thinking that I could order the bowls under the organizations name as well as give them have of my profit. Any input is appreciated. TIA!

Thanks for the link Bobbi! Now to organize myself well enough come November! lol

I'm wondering if anyone has an order form made up for this yet. I'd rather not "reinvent the wheel".

1. What is the Small Batter Bowl Mixes-Gift and what does it include?

The Small Batter Bowl Mixes-Gift is a set of pre-measured dry ingredients for making various baked goods such as cookies, brownies, and cakes. It includes a small batter bowl, recipe cards, and all the necessary dry ingredients for each recipe.

2. Are the ingredients in the Small Batter Bowl Mixes-Gift all-natural and preservative-free?

Yes, all the ingredients used in our Small Batter Bowl Mixes-Gift are all-natural and preservative-free. We believe in providing our customers with high-quality and healthy products.

3. Can I customize the Small Batter Bowl Mixes-Gift with my own recipes?

No, the Small Batter Bowl Mixes-Gift already comes with pre-measured ingredients for specific recipes. However, we do offer a variety of other products that allow for customization and creativity in the kitchen.

4. How long do the Small Batter Bowl Mixes-Gift last and how should I store them?

The Small Batter Bowl Mixes-Gift has a shelf life of approximately 6 months. We recommend storing them in a cool, dry place to maintain their freshness. Once opened, the ingredients should be used within 2-3 months for optimal taste and quality.

5. Can I purchase the Small Batter Bowl Mixes-Gift in bulk for gifting purposes?

Yes, we offer bulk purchases of the Small Batter Bowl Mixes-Gift for gifting purposes. Please contact our customer service team for more information and pricing options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • vick
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
skmartin41
  • mom4angela
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies