• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Slap-Your-Mama Margaritas: Serving Size and Recipe Questions Answered!

In summary, these margaritas are delicious and not too strong. They are perfect for a casual party or for a cooking show. Do not serve them to people who are driving.
cookin to the top
Gold Member
Does anyone know how much this recipe serves? TIA!

I guess that would depend on the size of the glass!:D:p

LOL...that's true..... For a PC party, we're not there to feed anyone a full dinner OR get anyone tanked, so assumming a modest glass for each? How many, would you say?

Just calculate the amount of ounces being put together in all and the size of the glass (4oz) ??? then you know exactly...

Where do you find the recipe is what I wanna know!?

Slap Your Mama Margaritas

2 cans 7 - up (I actually use Diet Sprite or Sprite Zero, cut back on calories a little... also, I just buy the 2 liter and fill the limemade container up twice)
1 12 oz. can frozen limeade
8 oz tequila
1 bottle Corona beer
(no substitutes)

Just dump everything into the QUICK STIR PITCHER
and plunge. To make it even “slushier”, freeze the 7-up, beer and tequila ahead of time. If you have the family size Quick Stir Pitcher you can make 2-3 batches at once (they go fast!). I also sometimes, run a fresh cut lime over the rim of the glass and dip in Margarita salt and squeeze the lime into the glass before filling.

So, I don't drink (not a judgement thing, I just don't like the taste of alcohol), and most of my friends don't really drink, either. However, my daughter and I are hosting a MK Mother/Daughter Facial Party next Friday, and I was thinking of serving this (to the mothers). The girls will all be teenagers, and I don't want to encourage anyone to get drunk (especially since they'll be driving home after). How strong are these drinks, if I make only enough for 2 servings?

pampchefsarah said:
So, I don't drink (not a judgement thing, I just don't like the taste of alcohol), and most of my friends don't really drink, either. However, my daughter and I are hosting a MK Mother/Daughter Facial Party next Friday, and I was thinking of serving this (to the mothers). The girls will all be teenagers, and I don't want to encourage anyone to get drunk (especially since they'll be driving home after). How strong are these drinks, if I make only enough for 2 servings?

I typically do not like alcohol or margaritas...but these are GOOD!!
Normally, it calls for 1 cup Tequila. I found that I could cut the Tequila down to about 2/3 cup and not affect the taste of the drink at all! I also like to use the 7oz Corona's, instead of the 12oz. So you get the great flavors, without the stronger effect of the alcohol...so that might be a nice option for you?

Perfect, Bobbi! Thank you! Best thing is, no one will know the difference, not having tasted the original recipe!

I made it tonight- it was awesome! I used the full strength recipe, and I am a TRUE lightweight....but it didn't affect me the way one glass of wine does! (Maybe because I was eating dinner at the same time- full stomach, etc...?) TASTY!!!

Oh- by the way, I made it at home- I don't want you thinking I'm drinking at my shows...LOL

can you use any beer or does it have to be Corona?

cookin to the top said:
Oh- by the way, I made it at home- I don't want you thinking I'm drinking at my shows...LOL

Sure, sure, that's what they all say. LOL

I've had shows that require drinking - $42 in sales, ouch!

It has to be Corona. Once you taste it you will totally understand why. Also, we used the Margaritaville tequila - it's cheaper (not 100% agave??) and I couldn't tell that we "skimped" on the tequila. We also added a squeeze of lime to our most recent pitcher. These are great and not way too sweet like most "home-made" margaritas are.

My suggestion for a cooking show - pour over a couple of ice cubes in a 7 or 8 oz. plastic cup. Don't let your hostess get 16 oz cups or you will have a disaster! (Don't ask me how I know.) We are making a batch this weekend just for fun.

LeslieSGI said:
It has to be Corona. Once you taste it you will totally understand why. Also, we used the Margaritaville tequila - it's cheaper (not 100% agave??) and I couldn't tell that we "skimped" on the tequila. We also added a squeeze of lime to our most recent pitcher. These are great and not way too sweet like most "home-made" margaritas are.

My suggestion for a cooking show - pour over a couple of ice cubes in a 7 or 8 oz. plastic cup. Don't let your hostess get 16 oz cups or you will have a disaster! (Don't ask me how I know.) We are making a batch this weekend just for fun.

Not to mention- folks have to drive home! I'd try to limit it to one pitcher. Maybe bring the ingredients- and have the host pick up the alcohol (so I'm not responsible as "the bartender"?)- but only get one pitcher worth of ingredients- OOPS..We're all out, time to switch to lemonade or soda! :D

Has anyone tried the frozen strawberry instead of the limeade, just wondering if the taste is the same. My host wants strawberry.

1. What ingredients do I need to make Slap-Your-Mama Margaritas?

To make Slap-Your-Mama Margaritas, you will need tequila, triple sec, lime juice, simple syrup, and ice.

2. How do I make a single serving of Slap-Your-Mama Margaritas?

To make a single serving, combine 2 ounces of tequila, 1 ounce of triple sec, 1 ounce of lime juice, 1/2 ounce of simple syrup, and ice in a shaker. Shake well and strain into a glass filled with ice. Garnish with a lime wedge.

3. Can I make Slap-Your-Mama Margaritas in a pitcher for a crowd?

Yes, you can easily make a large batch of Slap-Your-Mama Margaritas by multiplying the ingredients and mixing them in a pitcher. Just remember to adjust the amount of ice accordingly and stir well before serving.

4. Can I use a different type of alcohol instead of tequila?

While tequila is the traditional alcohol used in margaritas, you can certainly experiment with other liquors such as vodka or rum to create your own unique twist on Slap-Your-Mama Margaritas.

5. Is there a non-alcoholic version of Slap-Your-Mama Margaritas?

Yes, you can make a delicious mocktail version of Slap-Your-Mama Margaritas by replacing the tequila with lemon-lime soda or club soda. You can also use a non-alcoholic triple sec substitute and omit the simple syrup for a healthier option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melindagilbert
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • cookin to the top