1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Slap-Your-Mama Margaritas

1. cookin to the top

cookin to the top Member Gold Member

Does anyone know how much this recipe serves? TIA!

2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I guess that would depend on the size of the glass!:D:p

Jun 17, 2009
  3. cookin to the top

LOL...that's true..... For a PC party, we're not there to feed anyone a full dinner OR get anyone tanked, so assumming a modest glass for each? How many, would you say?

4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Maybe 10-12?

Jun 17, 2009
  5. Chef Gilles

Chef Gilles Member Gold Member

Just calculate the amount of ounces being put together in all and the size of the glass (4oz) ??? then you know exactly...

Jun 17, 2009
  6. diradt

diradt Member

Where do you find the recipe is what I wanna know!?

Jun 17, 2009
  7. Chef Gilles

Chef Gilles Member Gold Member

Slap Your Mama Margaritas

2 cans 7 - up (I actually use Diet Sprite or Sprite Zero, cut back on calories a little... also, I just buy the 2 liter and fill the limemade container up twice)
    1 12 oz. can frozen limeade
    8 oz tequila
    1 bottle Corona beer
    (no substitutes)

Just dump everything into the QUICK STIR PITCHER
    and plunge. To make it even “slushier”, freeze the 7-up, beer and tequila ahead of time. If you have the family size Quick Stir Pitcher you can make 2-3 batches at once (they go fast!). I also sometimes, run a fresh cut lime over the rim of the glass and dip in Margarita salt and squeeze the lime into the glass before filling.

Jun 17, 2009
  8. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

So, I don't drink (not a judgement thing, I just don't like the taste of alcohol), and most of my friends don't really drink, either. However, my daughter and I are hosting a MK Mother/Daughter Facial Party next Friday, and I was thinking of serving this (to the mothers). The girls will all be teenagers, and I don't want to encourage anyone to get drunk (especially since they'll be driving home after). How strong are these drinks, if I make only enough for 2 servings?

Jun 17, 2009
  9. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I typically do not like alcohol or margaritas...but these are GOOD!!
    Normally, it calls for 1 cup Tequila. I found that I could cut the Tequila down to about 2/3 cup and not affect the taste of the drink at all! I also like to use the 7oz Corona's, instead of the 12oz. So you get the great flavors, without the stronger effect of the alcohol...so that might be a nice option for you?

Jun 17, 2009
  10. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Perfect, Bobbi! Thank you! Best thing is, no one will know the difference, not having tasted the original recipe!

11. cookin to the top

I made it tonight- it was awesome! I used the full strength recipe, and I am a TRUE lightweight....but it didn't affect me the way one glass of wine does! (Maybe because I was eating dinner at the same time- full stomach, etc...?) TASTY!!!

12. cookin to the top

Oh- by the way, I made it at home- I don't want you thinking I'm drinking at my shows...LOL

13. lovenpc

lovenpc Member

can you use any beer or does it have to be Corona?

Jun 18, 2009
  14. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

Sure, sure, that's what they all say. LOL

I've had shows that require drinking - $42 in sales, ouch!

15. LeslieSGI

LeslieSGI Member Gold Member

It has to be Corona. Once you taste it you will totally understand why. Also, we used the Margaritaville tequila - it's cheaper (not 100% agave??) and I couldn't tell that we "skimped" on the tequila. We also added a squeeze of lime to our most recent pitcher. These are great and not way too sweet like most "home-made" margaritas are.

My suggestion for a cooking show - pour over a couple of ice cubes in a 7 or 8 oz. plastic cup. Don't let your hostess get 16 oz cups or you will have a disaster! (Don't ask me how I know.) We are making a batch this weekend just for fun.

Jun 18, 2009
  16. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Not to mention- folks have to drive home! I'd try to limit it to one pitcher. Maybe bring the ingredients- and have the host pick up the alcohol (so I'm not responsible as "the bartender"?)- but only get one pitcher worth of ingredients- OOPS..We're all out, time to switch to lemonade or soda! :D

Jun 18, 2009
  17. cookin to the top

Very good point!

18. scavallero

scavallero Member

Has anyone tried the frozen strawberry instead of the limeade, just wondering if the taste is the same. My host wants strawberry.

Sep 7, 2009
Have something to add?