• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Slap-Your-Mama Margaritas

cookin to the top

Gold Member
Mar 20, 2008
LOL...that's true..... For a PC party, we're not there to feed anyone a full dinner OR get anyone tanked, so assumming a modest glass for each? How many, would you say?

Chef Gilles

Gold Member
Jul 21, 2008
Just calculate the amount of ounces being put together in all and the size of the glass (4oz) ??? then you know exactly...

Chef Gilles

Gold Member
Jul 21, 2008
Slap Your Mama Margaritas

2 cans 7 - up (I actually use Diet Sprite or Sprite Zero, cut back on calories a little... also, I just buy the 2 liter and fill the limemade container up twice)
1 12 oz. can frozen limeade
8 oz tequila
1 bottle Corona beer
(no substitutes)

Just dump everything into the QUICK STIR PITCHER
and plunge. To make it even “slushier”, freeze the 7-up, beer and tequila ahead of time. If you have the family size Quick Stir Pitcher you can make 2-3 batches at once (they go fast!). I also sometimes, run a fresh cut lime over the rim of the glass and dip in Margarita salt and squeeze the lime into the glass before filling.

pampchefsarah

Gold Member
Mar 24, 2008
So, I don't drink (not a judgement thing, I just don't like the taste of alcohol), and most of my friends don't really drink, either. However, my daughter and I are hosting a MK Mother/Daughter Facial Party next Friday, and I was thinking of serving this (to the mothers). The girls will all be teenagers, and I don't want to encourage anyone to get drunk (especially since they'll be driving home after). How strong are these drinks, if I make only enough for 2 servings?

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
So, I don't drink (not a judgement thing, I just don't like the taste of alcohol), and most of my friends don't really drink, either. However, my daughter and I are hosting a MK Mother/Daughter Facial Party next Friday, and I was thinking of serving this (to the mothers). The girls will all be teenagers, and I don't want to encourage anyone to get drunk (especially since they'll be driving home after). How strong are these drinks, if I make only enough for 2 servings?

I typically do not like alcohol or margaritas...but these are GOOD!!
Normally, it calls for 1 cup Tequila. I found that I could cut the Tequila down to about 2/3 cup and not affect the taste of the drink at all! I also like to use the 7oz Corona's, instead of the 12oz. So you get the great flavors, without the stronger effect of the alcohol...so that might be a nice option for you?

cookin to the top

Gold Member
Mar 20, 2008
I made it tonight- it was awesome! I used the full strength recipe, and I am a TRUE lightweight....but it didn't affect me the way one glass of wine does! (Maybe because I was eating dinner at the same time- full stomach, etc...?) TASTY!!!

LeslieSGI

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2007
It has to be Corona. Once you taste it you will totally understand why. Also, we used the Margaritaville tequila - it's cheaper (not 100% agave??) and I couldn't tell that we "skimped" on the tequila. We also added a squeeze of lime to our most recent pitcher. These are great and not way too sweet like most "home-made" margaritas are.

My suggestion for a cooking show - pour over a couple of ice cubes in a 7 or 8 oz. plastic cup. Don't let your hostess get 16 oz cups or you will have a disaster! (Don't ask me how I know.) We are making a batch this weekend just for fun.

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
It has to be Corona. Once you taste it you will totally understand why. Also, we used the Margaritaville tequila - it's cheaper (not 100% agave??) and I couldn't tell that we "skimped" on the tequila. We also added a squeeze of lime to our most recent pitcher. These are great and not way too sweet like most "home-made" margaritas are.

My suggestion for a cooking show - pour over a couple of ice cubes in a 7 or 8 oz. plastic cup. Don't let your hostess get 16 oz cups or you will have a disaster! (Don't ask me how I know.) We are making a batch this weekend just for fun.

Not to mention- folks have to drive home! I'd try to limit it to one pitcher. Maybe bring the ingredients- and have the host pick up the alcohol (so I'm not responsible as "the bartender"?)- but only get one pitcher worth of ingredients- OOPS..We're all out, time to switch to lemonade or soda! :D

scavallero

May 9, 2009
Has anyone tried the frozen strawberry instead of the limeade, just wondering if the taste is the same. My host wants strawberry.