• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Slap Yo Mama Versus Margarita Punch

In summary, the conversation discusses two potential recipes for a Mexican-themed show: Slap Your Mama Margaritas and Margarita Punch. The Slap Your Mama Margaritas recipe includes frozen limeade, 7-up or Sprite, tequila, and Corona beer. The Margarita Punch recipe includes frozen lemonade, limeade, and orange juice concentrates, tequila, and lemon/lime soda. Participants in the conversation have tried and enjoyed the Slap Your Mama Margaritas recipe, and recommend using the Quick Stir Pitcher for easy mixing. There is also a suggestion to rub the rim of the glasses with lime and dip them in lemon sprinkles for added flavor. There is a question about using the Family Size Quick Stir
krahema
I'm doing a mexican-themed show Friday night & plan to make one of the following 2 recipes. Any votes on which one is better. Not enough time to make & taste test before Friday (or at least if I did, I'd be pretty sloshed between now & then!), so I'm hoping someone else has experience :)

SLAP YOUR MAMA MARGARITAS

1 12 oz. can frozen limeade
2 cans 7-up or Sprite (I prefer diet, not so sweet, and I usually just fill the limeade can twice from a 2 L)
8 oz tequila
1 bottle Corona beer (no substitutes)

Just dump everything into the QUICK STIR PITCHER and plunge. To make it even “slushier”, freeze the 7-up, beer and tequila ahead of time.

MARGARITA PUNCH
2 frozen lemonade concentrate (thawed)
1 frozen limeade concentrate (thawed)
1 frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed)
2 cups tequila
2 L of lemon/lime soda
1 lime
1 orange

Mix all ingredients in the Family Size Quick Stir pitcher, squeeze juice of one lime, serve over ice garnish with orange slices.

I've only done the SLAP YOUR MAMA MARGARITAS at a show - it was a requested recipe. I made them in the reg QST and I think I sold 4. I don't like margaritas but it was really good.

Love and use the margaritas....always goes well. Never tried the punch one....now I have a new one to try.

I've only used the Slap Your Mama recipe, also, but it's always a huge hit at parties. Be sure to tell your host to buy AT LEAST twice as much of the ingredients, because this only fills the smaller QSP about 1/2 - 2/3 of the way - and the guest will definitely want refills!Be sure to rub the rim of the glasses with lime, and dip them in the lemon sprinkles before filling with the margaritas.

pampchefsarah said:
I've only used the Slap Your Mama recipe, also, but it's always a huge hit at parties. Be sure to tell your host to buy AT LEAST twice as much of the ingredients, because this only fills the smaller QSP about 1/2 - 2/3 of the way - and the guest will definitely want refills!

Be sure to rub the rim of the glasses with lime, and dip them in the lemon sprinkles before filling with the margaritas.

If I wanted to use the family qsp, would you suggest tripling or quadrupling the recipe?

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I think I will go with the Slap yo Mama margarita's, since it seems to be tried & true. I got the Punch recipe from a team leader in my cluster - it sounds good too, but without as many reviews, I'm hesitant to try it. Plus, I think the punch might be a little more expensive to make.

wadesgirl said:
If I wanted to use the family qsp, would you suggest tripling or quadrupling the recipe?

Yes. Start with tripling, and if there's still room, quadruple.

I'm bumping this because I have a margarita question. I offered margaritas to a host because I know she and her crowd would have fun with that. I wanted to use the Shaker, but I don't drink much and never make mixed drinks. I have NO idea what I'm doing. Maybe I meant to offer martinis. :eek: :confused:

Do I make margaritas or martinis in the Shaker, and would the Slap Yo Mama Margarita's work in the Shaker? Or, is there a good Shaker recipe to use instead?

I'm also looking for a martini or maybe margarita recipe that had a "racey" name...something like bikini or panties or something like that. (Sorry, but I just don't remember and lost the paper with the recipe on it.) Any help will be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

Jill, I would suggest NOT doing the Margaritas in the shaker! Since so many of the ingredients are carbonated, I anticipate a huge mess.:eek::D

Just call your host and tell her how excited you are to have a chance to use the Shaker, and would she mind doing a Martini party instead. If she doesn't like the taste of traditional martinis, let her know we have a few fun flavors from which to choose (for example, I'm doing the Chocolate Raspberry in a couple of weeks). If she still is not interested, maybe you can do an iced coffee demo for those guests who don't like to drink.

pampchefsarah said:
Jill, I would suggest NOT doing the Margaritas in the shaker! Since so many of the ingredients are carbonated, I anticipate a huge mess.:eek::D

Just call your host and tell her how excited you are to have a chance to use the Shaker, and would she mind doing a Martini party instead. If she doesn't like the taste of traditional martinis, let her know we have a few fun flavors from which to choose (for example, I'm doing the Chocolate Raspberry in a couple of weeks). If she still is not interested, maybe you can do an iced coffee demo for those guests who don't like to drink.

Thanks. It won't matter if I use the Shaker or not. It was my suggestion. I think the host just wants the drinks. I'm making the Mexican Cheese Crisps, so I'm assuming the margaritas will go well with that. Please, someone let me know if that is NOT the case. :)

Where are these recipes? I'd LOVE to make a margarita punch... (sorry no advice, lol)

HealthNut, if you go to the very top of the thread you'll see both of the margarita recipes. I haven't tried the Margarita Punch, but the Slap Yo' Mama recipe is super quick, easy, and yummy (and I don't usually like alcoholic drinks!!). I tell people these taste like soda, with a kick.

JAE said:
I'm also looking for a martini or maybe margarita recipe that had a "racey" name...something like bikini or panties or something like that. (Sorry, but I just don't remember and lost the paper with the recipe on it.) Any help will be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!
Here is one that somebody shared and I saved it but haven't tried it yet.

Pink Panty Droppers
2 cans frozen lemonade
2 lemonade cans water
2 beers (light is the best)
2 wine coolers (fruity ones are the best)
1 lemonade can vodka

You can use pink lemonade and with the fruity wine coolers to make it pretty pink. You could also use regular lemonade and blue wine coolers and make it green.​
(It does have a racy title doesn't it?)

Thank you! This is the one I wanted. I'll give the host a choice because I haven't had either and probably won't be drinking it at the show.

What size beer? A can, a bottle? Maybe they are the same size. No idea.

Also, how do you mix this up? In the QSP? Please help. Thanks.

LeslieSGI said:
Here is one that somebody shared and I saved it but haven't tried it yet.

Pink Panty Droppers
2 cans frozen lemonade
2 lemonade cans water
2 beers (light is the best)
2 wine coolers (fruity ones are the best)
1 lemonade can vodka

You can use pink lemonade and with the fruity wine coolers to make it pretty pink. You could also use regular lemonade and blue wine coolers and make it green.​
(It does have a racy title doesn't it?)

Bumping...I too, am in need of a fun beverage for a demo and want to know what you make the pink panty one in.Thanks!

I made it in the Quick Stir Pitcher and everyone loved it.

1. What is the difference between Slap Yo Mama and Margarita Punch?

Slap Yo Mama and Margarita Punch are both delicious drink mixes offered by Pampered Chef. However, they have different flavor profiles. Slap Yo Mama has a spicy and tangy flavor, while Margarita Punch has a sweet and tangy flavor.

2. Can I use Slap Yo Mama and Margarita Punch together?

Yes, you can definitely mix Slap Yo Mama and Margarita Punch together to create a unique and flavorful drink. This combination will give you a spicy and sweet flavor with a tangy kick.

3. How much of the mix should I use for one drink?

The recommended serving size for both Slap Yo Mama and Margarita Punch is 1 tablespoon per 8 ounces of liquid. However, you can adjust the amount according to your taste preferences.

4. Can I use Slap Yo Mama and Margarita Punch in cooking?

Yes, both Slap Yo Mama and Margarita Punch can be used in cooking to add flavor to dishes. Slap Yo Mama is great for adding a spicy kick to meats and vegetables, while Margarita Punch is perfect for adding a sweet and tangy flavor to marinades and sauces.

5. Are Slap Yo Mama and Margarita Punch gluten-free?

Yes, both Slap Yo Mama and Margarita Punch are gluten-free, making them suitable for those with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease. They are also free of artificial colors and flavors, making them a healthier choice for your drink mixes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jenni
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jenni
  • TheChaoticCook
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • krahema