• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Skimmer - to take off fat?

cheflorraine

Gold Member
May 19, 2009
Another product question... I had a customer who bought the skimmer specifically to skim fat off of gravy and soups (which is what the product description says: removes excess fat from hot soups and stocks).
But she says that it simply doesn't work for that purpose, as when the fat is hot, it's a liquid and simply goes through the mesh. I can see that it would work if you let the stock cool, and the fat harden - then the skimmer should work well to get rid of the solids and fat that you don't want.
Am I (and my customer) simply not understanding some basic principle of how this should work?
Any suggestions? I told her that if it wasn't doing what she wanted it to, she could gladly have it replaced with another product, but maybe there's some vital information I'm missing?

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
I know that the recipe that comes with the Skimmer calls for skimming the "fat and foam" from simmering chicken soup. My guess is this is the type of skimming they're talking about. It won't mop up just the fat like our old fat mop. If you're doing something more like chili, you'd need to cool the soup and skim the fat as it congeals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Stephaniem
Replies
Views
scottcooks
2 3
Replies
Views
Devin
Replies