• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Skillit Brownie Help!

In summary, to prevent your brownies from sticking to the Skillit, make sure to grease it generously with butter or cooking spray, or line it with parchment paper. You can use a boxed brownie mix in the Skillit, just follow the instructions on the package. To check for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center of the brownies and if it comes out clean, they are done. Different types of chocolate can be used, but they may affect the texture and sweetness of the brownies. You can also add mix-ins like chocolate chips or nuts, but be careful not to add too many as it may affect the baking time and texture.
chefautumn
I have a problem......
I am making the brownie at a show on friday so I always make the recipe at home to be sure I know how it turnes out.
Well I left this in the oven for 45 min. and it was very mushy :( , what did I do wrong? Has anyone ever had this problem?
Thank you for your help

Autumn

The top will be syrupy. Did you let the chocolate sauce and water boil in the microwave? This makes a HUGE difference. I have made this several times and gotten rave reviews. The top does look like pudding when it's done.HTH!

: Hi there, sorry to hear about your brownie mishap! It's always frustrating when a recipe doesn't turn out as expected. I've definitely had my fair share of baking fails. From my experience, it could be a few things that caused your brownies to turn out mushy. Did you follow the recipe exactly or make any substitutions? Also, did you use the correct size pan and oven temperature? Sometimes even a small change can make a big difference in the end result. Another possibility could be that your oven runs hotter or cooler than the temperature you set it at. I would suggest trying the recipe again and making sure to follow it precisely. If it still doesn't turn out, maybe try a different recipe or ask someone who has successfully made brownies for their tips. Good luck!

1. How do I prevent my brownies from sticking to the Skillit?

To prevent sticking, make sure to generously grease the Skillit with butter or cooking spray before pouring in the brownie batter. You can also line the Skillit with parchment paper for extra insurance.

2. Can I use a boxed brownie mix in the Skillit?

Yes, you can definitely use a boxed brownie mix in the Skillit. Just follow the instructions on the package and bake according to the recommended time and temperature for the size of the Skillit you are using.

3. How do I know when the brownies are done in the Skillit?

The best way to check for doneness is by inserting a toothpick into the center of the brownies. If it comes out clean, then they are done. If there are still wet crumbs on the toothpick, continue baking for a few more minutes.

4. Can I use different types of chocolate in the Skillit brownies?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate in your brownies. However, keep in mind that different types of chocolate may affect the texture and sweetness of the brownies. For a fudgier brownie, use dark chocolate. For a sweeter brownie, use milk chocolate.

5. Can I add mix-ins to my Skillit brownies?

Absolutely! You can add in your favorite mix-ins like chocolate chips, nuts, or even swirl in some peanut butter or Nutella for a delicious twist. Just make sure not to add too many mix-ins as it may affect the baking time and texture of the brownies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pctharper
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
Staci
  • scottcooks
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies