• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Skillet Recipes for Small Kitchens: Your Best Recommendations!

In summary, a consultant is looking for recommendations for a main dish recipe for a host who has a small kitchen and a microwave that is too small for the Deep Covered Baker (DCB). Another consultant suggests the Zesty Ravioli Skillet, which has received rave reviews at previous shows. Another consultant also suggests the Skillet Lasagna and Garlic Bites as a popular dish. A consultant is also reminded to plan fall recipes and to use the 12" Skillet for the Creamy One Pot Pasta. The recipe for Garlic Bites is provided and clarified. It is suggested to not use this recipe as the main demo, but as a side dish. The consultant is advised to focus on one or two recipes and practice them thoroughly before
babywings76
Gold Member
I have a host who booked for October. Her microwave it up on top of her fridge and is too small for the DCB. Her kitchen is too small for me to bring a bigger one. I thought I'd do a skillet recipe because at her last show we did a cake in the fluted stone and a pizza and I'd like to do something different. What are your best recommendations? I'd like it to be a main dish recipe. TIA! :)

I just tried the Zesty Ravioli Skillet & my family loved it. I'm going to do that for my next show who's microwave is too small for the DCB.

kristina16marie said:
I just tried the Zesty Ravioli Skillet & my family loved it. I'm going to do that for my next show who's microwave is too small for the DCB.

I agree with this. I was in the same "dilema" a couple of weeks ago and several others on CS told me to do this. HUGE raves at my show, and made it with garlic bites. One of my guests said she felt like she was at Olive Garden. Received two bookings because of it:)

I love to do the Skillet Lasagna (from 29 Min to Dinner) and the Garlic Bites. Always a hit.

But, now that we have the Zesty Rav Skillet, I am going to start offering that one with the Garlic Bites.

Which reminds me...I need to get my Fall Recipe offerings in order!

Creamy One Pot Pasta is great in the 12" Skillet.

where are the garlic bites located?
has anyone done the jalapeno popper pizzas? any advice to add to them or not? my host wants them sat. and the chicken penne al fresco. last time i made this it was runny, any ideas?
also she wants the mojitos, which i have never made.help!
you all are so wonderful on here. you keep me going and my director is always out of town or busy doing her own shows don't ever see her so thank you for all your help.

The jalapeno popper pizzas are awesome, but I think I would do them as a stand alone demo. If you are doing pasta, add the garlic bites. They are super easy and super yummy!

Garlic Bites
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt 1 tablespoon
butter in Executive (8-in.) Sauté Pan.
2. Press in 1 clove of garlic and sprinkle with
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning Mix.
3. Cut 1 package (10.2 ounces) grand-size refrigerated biscuits
(5 biscuits) into quarters. Arrange biscuit pieces in pan; sprinkle with
additional seasoning. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: 10 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 110, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol

that's the garlic bite recipe, but i'm confused on the directions... lol can someone who made it clarify?

what are you confused about?

DebbieJ said:
what are you confused about?

i haven't gotten my kit yet, so i may be jumping the gun... this is made in the 8 in executive correct? the one you get in your kit? then...the whole thing is done in the oven?? none on stovetop? that was the confuisng part for me, i think of skillets on stovetops! lol if i get it right... put in garlic, put in seasoning, put in biscuits, more season, and put in oven? if so that'd be awesome for my first party, i want to start with express parties till i get the hang of it, and this is a quick and easy! :D

you melt the butter on the stove top, mix everythign in, then throw it in the oven to bake.8" exec saute pani wouldn't do this as your main demo--doesn't show enough tools IMO.

DebbieJ said:
you melt the butter on the stove top, mix everythign in, then throw it in the oven to bake.

8" exec saute pan

i wouldn't do this as your main demo--doesn't show enough tools IMO.

thanks! ya, i wouldn't use it as a MAIN demo, as a side to something else, the other ideas above are awsome. i was also reading about a chicken in the microwave too....sounds yummy! and i love the microwave desserts, but i have to ask my hostess what she wants, lol, i have too many ideas!

KaiKendall said:
thanks! ya, i wouldn't use it as a MAIN demo, as a side to something else, the other ideas above are awsome. i was also reading about a chicken in the microwave too....sounds yummy! and i love the microwave desserts, but i have to ask my hostess what she wants, lol, i have too many ideas!

I would suggest picking one or two recipes, practicing them and learning them inside and out...that way you aren't worrying about the recipe when doing the demo. If you tell your hostess what you're going to cook - all the while painting a delicious mental picture...they are likely to agree and tell you it sounds delish! Don't offer too many choices at the beginning. Just my 2 cents.

1. What are some easy skillet recipes for small kitchens?

There are plenty of easy and delicious skillet recipes for small kitchens, such as one-pan chicken and vegetable stir fry, skillet lasagna, and shrimp and quinoa skillet. These recipes require minimal ingredients and can be made in one pan, making them perfect for small kitchens.

2. Can I use any type of skillet for these recipes?

Yes, you can use any type of skillet for these recipes. However, we recommend using a non-stick skillet to prevent food from sticking and to make clean-up easier. You can also use cast iron skillets, but keep in mind they may require more maintenance.

3. Are there any vegetarian options for skillet recipes?

Absolutely! Some delicious vegetarian skillet recipes include roasted vegetable and chickpea skillet, spicy tofu and vegetable skillet, and cheesy broccoli and quinoa skillet. These recipes are packed with flavor and protein, perfect for vegetarians.

4. How can I make sure the skillet recipes fit in my small kitchen?

We recommend using a smaller skillet, such as an 8 or 10-inch skillet, for these recipes. You can also adjust the ingredients to fit your needs, such as using less meat or vegetables. Additionally, you can use a multi-functional skillet that can also be used as a roasting pan or casserole dish to save space.

5. Can I meal prep these skillet recipes for the week?

Yes, you can definitely meal prep these skillet recipes for the week. Simply double the ingredients and make a larger batch, then portion it out into individual containers for an easy grab-and-go meal throughout the week. You can also freeze leftovers for later use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • chefangie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kam
  • Mommy2amo