1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Skillet recipes

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I have a host who booked for October. Her microwave it up on top of her fridge and is too small for the DCB. Her kitchen is too small for me to bring a bigger one. I thought I'd do a skillet recipe because at her last show we did a cake in the fluted stone and a pizza and I'd like to do something different. What are your best recommendations? I'd like it to be a main dish recipe. TIA! :)

Aug 24, 2009
  2. kristina16marie

kristina16marie Advanced Member Gold Member

I just tried the Zesty Ravioli Skillet & my family loved it. I'm going to do that for my next show who's microwave is too small for the DCB.

3. ChefMichele1

ChefMichele1 Member

I agree with this. I was in the same "dilema" a couple of weeks ago and several others on CS told me to do this. HUGE raves at my show, and made it with garlic bites. One of my guests said she felt like she was at Olive Garden. Received two bookings because of it:)

Aug 24, 2009
  4. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

I love to do the Skillet Lasagna (from 29 Min to Dinner) and the Garlic Bites. Always a hit.

But, now that we have the Zesty Rav Skillet, I am going to start offering that one with the Garlic Bites.

Which reminds me...I need to get my Fall Recipe offerings in order!

Aug 24, 2009
  5. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Creamy One Pot Pasta is great in the 12" Skillet.

Aug 24, 2009
  6. lauriedip

lauriedip Member

where are the garlic bites located?
    has anyone done the jalapeno popper pizzas? any advice to add to them or not? my host wants them sat. and the chicken penne al fresco. last time i made this it was runny, any ideas?
    also she wants the mojitos, which i have never made.help!
    you all are so wonderful on here. you keep me going and my director is always out of town or busy doing her own shows don't ever see her so thank you for all your help.

Aug 24, 2009
  7. jkinak

jkinak Member

The jalapeno popper pizzas are awesome, but I think I would do them as a stand alone demo. If you are doing pasta, add the garlic bites. They are super easy and super yummy!

Aug 24, 2009
  8. KaiKendall

KaiKendall Member Gold Member

Garlic Bites
    1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt 1 tablespoon
    butter in Executive (8-in.) Sauté Pan.
    2. Press in 1 clove of garlic and sprinkle with
    1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning Mix.
    3. Cut 1 package (10.2 ounces) grand-size refrigerated biscuits
    (5 biscuits) into quarters. Arrange biscuit pieces in pan; sprinkle with
    additional seasoning. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
    Yield: 10 sample servings
    Nutrients per serving: Calories 110, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol

that's the garlic bite recipe, but i'm confused on the directions... lol can someone who made it clarify?

Aug 24, 2009
  9. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

what are you confused about?

Aug 24, 2009
  10. KaiKendall

i haven't gotten my kit yet, so i may be jumping the gun... this is made in the 8 in executive correct? the one you get in your kit? then...the whole thing is done in the oven?? none on stovetop? that was the confuisng part for me, i think of skillets on stovetops! lol if i get it right... put in garlic, put in seasoning, put in biscuits, more season, and put in oven? if so that'd be awesome for my first party, i want to start with express parties till i get the hang of it, and this is a quick and easy! :D

Aug 24, 2009
  11. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

you melt the butter on the stove top, mix everythign in, then throw it in the oven to bake.

8" exec saute pan

i wouldn't do this as your main demo--doesn't show enough tools IMO.

Aug 24, 2009
  12. KaiKendall

thanks! ya, i wouldn't use it as a MAIN demo, as a side to something else, the other ideas above are awsome. i was also reading about a chicken in the microwave too....sounds yummy! and i love the microwave desserts, but i have to ask my hostess what she wants, lol, i have too many ideas!

Aug 24, 2009
  13. ChefJoyJ

ChefJoyJ Veteran Member

I would suggest picking one or two recipes, practicing them and learning them inside and out...that way you aren't worrying about the recipe when doing the demo. If you tell your hostess what you're going to cook - all the while painting a delicious mental picture...they are likely to agree and tell you it sounds delish! Don't offer too many choices at the beginning. Just my 2 cents.

Aug 24, 2009
Have something to add?