• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick and Delicious Skillet Recipes for Your October Shows

In summary, you can do a main dish to show off the skillet instead. I like the Zesty Ravioli Skillet recipe. It's easy and delicious. I also make the garlic biscuit bites to go with it. Or you can do garlic bread under the broiler on our sheet pans using fresh bread, oil/butter, and our oil dipping seasonings.
Careyann
Gold Member
I have been thinking about doing skillet cakes for my October shows to highlight the 12" skillet, but noticed when looking at those recipes they have to cook for 30-45 minutes. If that is the only thing you do that's alot of waiting. Could someone who uses these in a show tell me how you go about it? Do you do the cake and something else?
Any advice is appreciated!

You could do a main dish to show off the skillet instead. I like the Zesty Ravioli Skillet recipe. It's easy and delicious. I also make the garlic biscuit bites to go with it. Or you can do garlic bread under the broiler on our sheet pans using fresh bread, oil/butter, and our oil dipping seasonings.As for doing a cake, you can mix the cake up right as you get there and put it in the oven. So it's cooking as people arrive and you do something else for your demo or presentation for the first little while. Then you can cut it up and let people try it with our different dessert sauces.

babywings76 said:
You could do a main dish to show off the skillet instead. I like the Zesty Ravioli Skillet recipe. It's easy and delicious. I also make the garlic biscuit bites to go with it. Or you can do garlic bread under the broiler on our sheet pans using fresh bread, oil/butter, and our oil dipping seasonings.

As for doing a cake, you can mix the cake up right as you get there and put it in the oven. So it's cooking as people arrive and you do something else for your demo or presentation for the first little while. Then you can cut it up and let people try it with our different dessert sauces.

Do you have the recipe for the garlic biscuit bites?

I make the turtle fudge skillet cake a lot! I buy a box cake and make it at home. At the show I do another recipe and then finish the cake topping during the demo. It takes 5-10 minutes. It is a great recipe to show the 12" skillet. I have sold many of them.

iteachncook said:
Do you have the recipe for the garlic biscuit bites?

Garlic Biscuit Bites

6 Tbsp butter
2 cloves Garlic
Italian seasoning
1 can of Pillsbury Grands biscuits

Preheat oven to 350. Cut up each biscuit into 6 pieces. Melt butter in 10" non-stick saute pan. Press garlic, add to butter and stir with Mix N Scraper. Sprinkle Italian seasoning (I usually just sprinkle until it looks like enough--probably anywhere from 2 tsps to 1 Tbsp?) and stir. Place biscuit pieces in butter and turn them over to get all coated. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or so. Careful when removing pan from oven--the handle of the pan is hot! Slide biscuits out onto a plate.

You can also add fresh grated Parmesan cheese to this. Just grate it into the melted butter after you add the garlic and seasoning.

babywings76 said:
Garlic Biscuit Bites

6 Tbsp butter
2 cloves Garlic
Italian seasoning
1 can of Pillsbury Grands biscuits

Preheat oven to 350. Cut up each biscuit into 6 pieces. Melt butter in 10" non-stick saute pan. Press garlic, add to butter and stir with Mix N Scraper. Sprinkle Italian seasoning (I usually just sprinkle until it looks like enough--probably anywhere from 2 tsps to 1 Tbsp?) and stir. Place biscuit pieces in butter and turn them over to get all coated. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or so. Careful when removing pan from oven--the handle of the pan is hot! Slide biscuits out onto a plate.

You can also add fresh grated Parmesan cheese to this. Just grate it into the melted butter after you add the garlic and seasoning.

Thank you!

lisasfuncooking said:
I make the turtle fudge skillet cake a lot! I buy a box cake and make it at home. At the show I do another recipe and then finish the cake topping during the demo. It takes 5-10 minutes. It is a great recipe to show the 12" skillet. I have sold many of them.

I wish I could do that but I work full time and generally get ready for my shows the night before knowing that I have to go home and then head out the door shortly after. Sticking with skillet meals might be the way to go or doing the biscuit bites with another dish. I've done those before and they are awesome!

That Turtle Fudge Skillet sounds delish! I did a search for the recipe and PC recommends using the SS skillet - do you use the Exec? I don't own SS but do have Exec. Any diff in baking times? How long do you bake yours for?

My hospitality director is new NED Kathy Yellets. At our cluster meeting, she said she makes the skillet cakes BEFORE the show. I think she brings it from home to the show. Then flips it. She leaves the skillet dirty so that she can talk about it. At our meeting, she did the turtle fudge- so the caramel had time to harden. She said how a regular pan you'd have to soak. But she took a paper towel and just swooped it clean! So you get the effect of the skillet used for a cake, and then talking about it- cleaning it up, etc. Then you eat the cake! No waiting. :) It made alot of sense. Side note: she says she makes a point of having folks turn to the catalog, and cross out the price and then has them write the NEW price in there for October Hosts. She said it makes a huge "wow".I have done the skillet cakes (Turtle and Pineapple). I always started them first, then at one show, I had made the Chicken Penne Pasta in the DCB and another I did the Mexican Lasagna in the DCB. But that was when I did 2 big recipes! :D

Bobbi - You speak of the caramel/fudge having time to harden - is that just for at your mtg or she adds that to the cake prior to the shows? It sounded like she makes the cake before the show (at home) and then flips it out at the show but according to the directions thats when u add the caramel (after its flipped out).

My apologies for sounding 'simple' - I think I'm over thinking this and totally confusing myself. :(

Melissa78 said:
Bobbi - You speak of the caramel/fudge having time to harden - is that just for at your mtg or she adds that to the cake prior to the shows? It sounded like she makes the cake before the show (at home) and then flips it out at the show but according to the directions thats when u add the caramel (after its flipped out).

My apologies for sounding 'simple' - I think I'm over thinking this and totally confusing myself. :(

Not sure, now that you mention it! :) I don't know how she got caramel in the pan. She had flipped it by the time I got there, but she somehow had caramel in the pan. :confused:hmmmmmmm... Well, skip the caramel part. You can still wipe it clean and do all of that, I would think.

I've had great success at shows with the skillet cakes. I start the cake when I arrive (so host provides everything) put it in the oven before the guest get there. By the time the guest arrive, you do introductions, go over specials .....the cake is ready to come out of the oven. The house will smell fantastic. I then demo the chopping nuts, melting choc. and so on.

So it cools in enough time?

1. What is a skillet recipe for show?

A skillet recipe for show is a dish that is prepared and cooked in a skillet, typically in front of an audience, using Pampered Chef products to showcase their versatility and ease of use.

2. Are there any specific ingredients that work best for skillet recipes?

The great thing about skillet recipes is that you can use a variety of ingredients! However, some popular choices include vegetables, proteins, grains, and sauces, which can be easily cooked and combined in a skillet for a delicious meal.

3. Can I use any type of skillet for these recipes?

While you can use any skillet for these recipes, we recommend using our Pampered Chef non-stick or stainless steel skillets for optimal results. These skillets are designed to evenly distribute heat and prevent food from sticking, making the cooking process easier and more enjoyable.

4. Do you have any vegetarian or vegan skillet recipes?

Yes, we have a variety of skillet recipes for all dietary preferences, including vegetarian and vegan options. Our website and recipe books have a wide range of delicious options to choose from.

5. Can I prepare these skillet recipes ahead of time?

While some components of a skillet recipe can be prepared ahead of time, we recommend cooking and assembling the dish in front of your guests to fully showcase the ease and convenience of our products. This also allows for interactive and engaging demonstrations for your audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jendill
  • cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
GinaG623
  • ksmedic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies